Best in class system for HCM
Updated August 31, 2021
Best in class system for HCM
Score 10 out of 10
- Human Capital Management
Overall Satisfaction with Workday Human Capital Management
I currently use Workday for several reasons in my current organization. On a personal level, it is where my personal employment information is housed as well as my PTO activities and performance review information. For my specific role in the organization, I use Workday to run detailed reports regarding Sales Reps on Sales Bonus Plans.
- Instant access to information, such as PTO, performance, role, etc.
- Can access reports filtered for specific data points or fields.
- Easy to use.
- One central database location for all personnel information.
- Secure and limited access is given on a need to know basis.
- Certain information can not be accessed and/or updated by the own individual. For example, for a name change, an individual would need to contact HR directly for updates or changes to information.
- Lack of notification emails when updates are done or if pending items are awaiting responses. The employee needs to log in to find out if anything is pending or not. It would ideal if automatic email notifications go out if anything is still pending updates or changes have been made.
- Effective dating not available for all changes in generates reports. For example, if a change was made to a certain field, the report generated does not display the effective date of the change.
- I did not make the purchase decision on this tool so I would be unable to determine ROI.
- In regards to my day to day job duties, this tool has helped me tremendously with real-time access to sales compensation information. It helps me to accurately and efficiently do my job and not worry about outdated information.
- This tool and specifically its reports feature help me catch errors soon as they are inputted incorrectly in the system. I then can have the data corrected in a timely manner.
Workday HCM easily beats any of its competitors in the current market. It is user-friendly, easy to use, easily links to other systems, has great reporting features, and can have all the data you need in just one place. I highly recommend it to any company looking for a best in class Human Capital Management tool.
It is very well suited for each employee to look up his or her own personal information and PTO data. It can also easily update certain information and update in real-time. It is easy to use and user-friendly. The automatic reporting generation feature is great. I use it on a monthly basis to determine what new additions or change were made that help me in my role as a Sales Ops Comp analyst. Knowing if a sales rep’s compensation has changed early enough can help me pay accurately to the rep.
Workday HCM Feature Ratings
Using Workday Human Capital Management
The Workday Human Capital Managembt tool at our organization is used by every employee. However, access can be limited based on job function and role. However, there are individuals whose role is specific to HR, Benefits, Sales Compensation, and Management that have full access to the tool. That’s the best part of this system, access can be tailored to specific functions in the organization.
- Personnel information
- Performance Reviews
- Benefits and Paid Time Off records
- Reporting function
- Communication between employee and HR
- Cases/ticketing features to track questions and responses
- Link to ADP/payroll systems directly
Workday Human Capital Management has been an excellent tool for our organization. It has great features that help employees do their jobs efficiently and effectively. It is easy to use and track employee compensation, benefits, time off, and performances. Easy to update and track changes. Can easily generate reports to keep track of information and changes.