Reviews (1-16 of 16)
- Just install the application and use the feature out of the box.
- Good features for all vertical components.
- Easy to integrate with call center vendors.
- Applet Designer for IP 18 needs a lot of improvement.
- Siebel eService GUI is a bit out of date.
- Training and documents should be available online like Salesforce.
The application has several modules:
Regulatory Profile, Inspection, Compliance, Investigation, Incident etc.
Regulatory Profile includes Entities, Individuals, Systems, Properties, Components.
- Great data model: the out of the box version comes with standard objects that support most of the industries business models
- Ease of implementation: implementation is done by configuring standard objects or creating new objects; additional level of customization via script is also possible.
- Lots of resources available on the product
- Supported by Oracle one of the world leader in IT
- UI is clear and practical, but lacks some of the fancy features found on today's websites
- Upgrades can be a challenge if the application has been heavily customized
- Some functionalities may not be available if using Siebel Remote
- Configuration - Allows for fine-tuning of the functions according to business needs without going too far into customization.
- Reasonably user-friendly and intuitive interface.
- Integration - Allows to integrate it with various in house solutions and other platforms.
- Reasonable transaction reporting functionality using BIP.
- Improve configurable popup error messages functionality using/on server components.
- Allow docking functionality to be configured by developers instead of expert services by providing adequate configuration options and validation.
- Siebel data model.
- Packaged best practices of business processes.
- Flexible enough to customize to specific needs/business processes of clients.
- Slowness or lack of catching up with the latest trends and technologies.
- Siebel clearly separates the data layer, from the business layer, application, and web.
- The navigation and relationship between entities is clear and easy to configure, but it can be improved.
- Siebel CRM as a product is robust, reliable, and easy to configure. The architecture is solid and scalable.
- Components can be added on demand.
- Migrations between environments is one area that could be improved, with tools to compare and move data elements (source vs target).
- Easier ways to identify, through email or a web page, the health of the overall system (components, marketing campaigns, tasks, servers, etc).
- The UI seems to be improved with the newer versions of Siebel, but I believe it requires a lot of new features. It seems that other CRM solutions that are cloud-based are putting a lot of emphasis on the Usability and presentation, things where Siebel may need to catch up...
- Excellent scalability to support a large number of users.
- Very stable.
- Responsive engineering team.
- Excellent performance.
- Improve migration process.
- Update training material to reflect newer versions of Siebel.
It is used to process donations, store records of checks, match accounts with data quality (3rd party system integrated with Siebel), send notifications to employees and donors, and much more. It handles a lot of business problems regarding those areas.
- It is stable, and the system Siebel replaced was not very stable.
- It keeps getting changes with upgrades, so there is an improvement in user experience (mobile responsive, etc.)
- It provides a base of understanding that a homegrown system wouldn't have, how Siebel contractors can come onboard knowing generally what it does, except for our customizations
- Lack of documentation for developers -- it feels like almost nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially around OpenUI. Sure there are some things on bookshelf, but that's all it is, some. It's not in depth--there are hardly any examples and I generally get answers outside of bookshelf.
- Support isn't so good, I'd sooner try to solve the problem with many workarounds than put a support ticket in that might go into the abyss and never get resolved.
- The user interface is lacking for our version. Granted, we are at least four years behind and have no mobile responsiveness (we had to build that ourselves) but I've seen the newer version and there need to be more intuitive user interface patterns in general
- Sometimes there are weird quirks in customizations that should work in theory, but don't.
- Using Siebel as a CRM is nice in that it allows for a wide variety of information to be stored in one place. The search features also work well.
- The functionality of the software was excellent in terms of a customer CRM tool. Information was well organized and the software served it's purpose for the sales and planning teams.
- It is automatically connected to your customer's telephone and helps us in analyzing their profile when we talk to them
- It has server issues and also slowness. It even slows down your entire system. Maybe we need to explore other options to better scale the software.
- It would be nice if Oracle provided more material that was accessible for training.
- There is a lag in some of the larger reports. It can take over 30 minutes to run, or they don't run correctly at all. Again, this might go back to the issue of scale.
- It offers multiple integration options to make things easy for the end user.
- Customer support of Oracle Siebel offers 24/7 coverage including software updates.
- Oracle Siebel allows you to integrate other options (Outlook for example) for the ease of being able to handle multiple task directly from the CRM.
- Easy to learn!
- Siebel’s remote module needs to be revised to become more effective to use outside a desktop application.
- At times the customizations can create an issue and the end user is not truly aware of what they are changing/creating.
Oracle Siebel CRM is very well suited for the verticals such as Consumer Goods, Industrial Manufacturing, Communications, Financial Services, Healthcare and Technology. It may not be suited for smaller enterprises who are just looking for customer contact and sales type of application.
The problem it addressed in each instance was having a single place to manage correspondence, activity history, deliverables, quotes/purchasing information, and resource involvement from our side.
- Customizability of views. If I had the right query string, I could basically create a "view" or "query" to gather exactly the type of information I needed with specific criteria. In our organization, we would trade query strings back and forth with each other to create the types of views we needed. I like the compact representation.
- Minimal interface. There's not too much bloat, with no added social media features and all that other crap that's becoming an unnecessary part of every other product out there.
- Easy to pick up. My company's internal training did a good job of teaching us how to use Siebel CRM. It didn't take days of training, either. Pretty intuitive.
- Dated interface. It looks like something out of the early 2000s. No concept of things like tabs and floating non-modal dialogs.
- Slow performance. No matter whether I was onsite or remotely using through VPN, Siebel CRM was SLOW. Our current system with Salesforce is much faster.
- Incompatibility with other browsers. For some reason, the application required IE 8.0 only, and would not work on any other browser, including newer versions of IE.
- Searchability. I mentioned in the positives that it was easy to customize queries. That's only if you know what to write in a query. If you don't know what to look for, there is no all-encompassing search, and it's very unintuitive to create the right query for what you're looking for. I mostly asked power users to send me their pre-built queries, which allowed me to be more productive.
- End user ease of use is an asset of Siebel CRM. I train end users how to navigate and enter information into the system and it's not difficult for even the technology challenged people.
- The ability to web introduce our in house MRM system within the Siebel CRM view makes it a one stop shop for data entry for our marketing professionals. Not having to navigate to multiple tools is a huge asset.
- Analytic capabilities has made Siebel CRM an important tool for our management team to be able to quickly and easily see the stats of their team's work.
- Customization thresholds hinder some opportunities for us to make the tool even more efficient for us.
- Analytic capabilities, while very useful, are not as powerful as another tool we have used to incorporate strong reports.
- The look and feel of the tool appears outdated to me.
- The Accounts module provides maintenance for all information related to accounts applicable to different firms which are linked to organization. Outstanding features are provided for creating or terminating any account.
- Reporting features are pretty convenient to use in order to create and manage track reports for any customer of the company/organization. Further, these could be used for marketing strategies and analysis of the business needs. This module helps an organization to maintain a consistent reporting process which provides a feature that is very convenient and easily accessible.
- It has nice shortcut keys for easy and fast access.
- Oracle Siebel requires a very high level of training and understanding in order to extract the full potential from its system in terms of configuration and implementation.
- The processing time is not very fast and there is scope of improvement in it.
- A huge amount is needed to build up the infrastructure which is directly proportional to the size of the organization implementing it.
- Doesn't require extensive training to get started. Unlike other CRMs (Oracle Fusion CRM), you wouldn't need to invest heavily in getting the users trained.
- The user interface is more or less tolerable if not great.
- Integration capability is better than most other competitors.
- Oracle's customer support team for Siebel is absolutely unreliable. On multiple instances, we have ended up realizing that we as an implementer and client know the product better than the Oracle folks who are supposed to provide the solutions.
- Very poor reporting capabilities. If you're looking for good dashboards and deep analytics, the Siebel CRM is not for you.
- Although the UI is not bad, it looks and feels outdated as compared to other CRMs like Salesforce.
- Relies on age old technologies
- Very nice integration with Oracle database
- Easily to build or coding oracle siebel CRM with both Java and .net
- Great APIs provided by oracle siebel CRM
- UI is not easily to use
- Too many functions on the UI.
We are using Siebel CRM for our Diagnostics Division for the past 12 years and I joined in this team around 7 years ago. Currently we are using Siebel CRM for complaint management(Service), Order Processing(Sales) and for Integration with SAP. Previously I worked for several CRM projects in the Automotive, Consumer Goods & HI-Tech industry.
Since I started my career as Siebel Developer, I am a big fan of Siebel CRM even though I am aware of other leading CRM technologies in the market. Siebel CRM was doing very good and very supportive until it was acquired by Oracle in 2006. From 2012 onwards, I haven’t seen pro-active response / active support of Siebel from Oracle Support. Especially now Oracle is not supporting Siebel-SAP connector and not giving proper responses on Siebel Remote module.
Open UI release is a good thought, but many improvements to Open UI are needed. Apart form all these issues, I still believe Siebel CRM is a great enterprise CRM solution and it’s very easy to train users on this technology.
After working 11 years for Siebel CRM projects, I would recommend the improvements below in order to be a leader in the CRM market:
- Improve the Siebel Open UI's performance, look and feel.
- Improve Siebel Support team on MyOracleSupport.
- Release an effective MOBILE APP for tablets and smart phone as Siebel Remote module is very out dated for field service purposes.
- Great enterprise CRM solution
- Easy to train users on this technology
- Nice look and feel of the UI
- Improve Siebel Open UI Performance , look & Feel.
- Improve Siebel Support team on MyOracleSupport
- Release an effective MOBILE APP for tablets & smart phone as Siebel Remote module is very out dated for Field Service.
Oracle Siebel CRM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Siebel CRM
Oracle Siebel CRM Integrations
Oracle Siebel CRM Technical Details