AB Tasty and VWO are both A/B testing tools designed to help businesses to test the performance of different versions of web content. Both A/B testing tools are used by businesses of all sizes, though both are slightly more popular with small to mid-sized businesses compared to larger enterprises.
VWO and AB Tasty both include essential A/B testing features such as split testing and heatmaps, but they also each have standout features that set them apart from each other.
VWO is praised by users for its simple to use interface that can be used by businesses without many technical resources to devote to it. Nontechnical users have an easier time learning to use VWO compared to its alternatives. VWO also includes fully customizable user surveys out of the box. Lastly, VWO provides robust reporting tools so users can easily present any findings from their tests.
AB Tasty provides local customer success managers to businesses that require hands-on support. Additionally, AB Tasty includes a testing API that allows users to create highly customized tests that may not be available out of the box. Lastly, AB Tasty includes a widget library that allows users to quickly make changes to web content.
VWO and AB Tasty both include robust testing features, but they also have a few limitations that are important to consider.
VWO has live support, but doesn’t offer local success managers. Businesses looking for more hands-on support will not be well served by VWO’s support options. Additionally, VWO doesn’t include a testing API. While the testing features VWO offer are powerful and varied out of the box, businesses looking to create highly customized tests may prefer the flexibility offered by AB Tasty’s test API.
AB Tasty’s interface isn’t complex to use, but it isn’t as simple as VWO and may require more technical resources comparatively. Additionally, while it is possible to create custom surveys with AB Tasty, it is through integration with Google Forms rather than an out of the box functionality. This can be an issue for organizations looking for an all in one solution or who cannot use Google Forms for any reason. Lastly, AB Tasty’s reporting features are not as robust as VWO’s, so additional reporting tools may be needed for organizations with complex reporting needs.
VWO starts at $199.00 per month, but also offers two packages for larger businesses. These additional packages do not have open pricing information, but sales teams can reach out for a quote.
AB Tasty is priced depending on the business and doesn’t provide published pricing information.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on May 1, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
a/b experiment testing
Split URL testing
Mobile app testing
Visual / WYSIWYG editor
Advanced code editor
Mutually exclusive tests
Test duration calculator
Standard visitor segmentation
Behavioral visitor segmentation
Traffic allocation control
Experiments results dashboard
- Customer-focused. Over the past year, AB Tasty has worked with us to overcome many obstacles (e.g. tracking hurdles, ITP issues, etc.). The team always finds a solution in a timely manner to ensure we're able to execute on experiments.
- Reliability. One of the biggest hurdles earlier this year were the ITP regulations set out by Apple. Over 40% of our ad traffic was Safari users. AB Tasty was using 3rd party cookies but quickly migrated over to a local session storage solution that circumvented the issue.
- VWO has a strong support team willing to help provide answers to questions during the setup process. During setup, we had some questions regarding implementation across a significant number of sites and they were able to ease dev team concerns and provide detailed best practices to streamline integration.
- Some of the initial results of a few of the initial tests raised some questions internally. We setup a call and were able to quickly address the questions and find some opportunities to leverage moving forward.
- I discovered a bug within the UI that lead to some questions internally. I was able to report it and the problem was fixed rather quickly and their team followed up with a thank you for reporting it and to report the issue was now resolved.
- Sometimes the platform is a little glitchy and requires a refresh.
- Would be great to be able to see the experiments and projects on a timeline with their status and main result to have an immediate view of ongoing and completed projects.
- Email notification for when an experiment reaches a certain confidence level.
- The user interface within VWO does take a bit of time to get used to, especially as it pertains to switching back and forth between tests. When running multiple experiments on a site at a time, a clear and succinct dashboard for everything in one place would be helpful (as opposed to needing to switch between A/B, multivariate, etc).
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
Return on Investment
- Since we use AB tasty our conversion rates have significantly increased on the Watch pages.
- We can report positive comments about the evolutions of our interfaces, from our expert users. And so improved customer satisfaction.
- The solution allows us to validate or invalidate without taking major risk while gaining in reactivity, our proposals relook pages.
- Commitment rates are much higher, multiplied by 2 or 3, when we implement customizations that are relevant. These customizations are very relevant insofar as we are governed by the seasonality of events as a media site.
- The ability to offer a CRO service is greatly enhanced by VWO, as it allows us to run tests for clients
- The editor means to some extent we don't need much developer resource to run the tests, lowering costs of doing so
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
AB Tasty Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
VWO Editions & Modules
|TESTING||Get a Demo1|
|CONVERSION OPTIMIZATION||Get a Demo2|
|ENTERPRISE||Get a Demo3|
- The classic VWO A/B testing solution
- The all-in-one platform for all your optimization needs
- Customized solution with advanced AB testing and conversion optimization capabilities
- Per Month