Based on 296 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
Email deliverability reporting
Triggered drip sequences
Lead scoring and grading
Data quality management
Automated sales alerts and tasks
Social sharing and campaigns
Social profile integration
Role-based workflow & approvals
Integration with Salesforce.com
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Integration with SugarCRM
Customer data management / contact management
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Quote & order management
Channel / partner relationship management
Call center management
Help desk management
Billing and invoicing management
API for custom integration
Single sign-on capability
Role-based user permissions
- Email automation - Automated email marketing to potential customers, follow up with existing customers, and automated messaging to outside parties.
- Flow building - This software allows companies to build simple or complicated sequences in a visual builder so that you can see exactly where people are in the sequence of messages.
- CRM - Customer relationship data. Maintaining data points across a user journey (tagging a UTM source, current activity. If you have someone - and want to know where they are in the journey, there's a way to find that data and label a profile with that).
- Integrations - ActiveCampaign integrates with almost everything. Seamlessly. You can trigger behaviors in other apps through Zapier, or import data from other software you use. It's a very easy experience to integrate with others.
- Customer support - Every team member I've encountered has been exceptionally helpful. They are probably the bar for customer support in the tech industry, to be honest.
- Email systems for the long-haul (and for sequences and emails that are expected to bring in a lot of $$$). Email marketing should be 30-50% of revenue for most businesses. It's THE platform that we recommend for coaches and other businesses to help them earn 6 & 7 figures from email. You can track A LOT of data through this software as a platform, which makes it a great candidate for businesses who want to grow and visualize where their customers are in the overall purchase process, as well as maintaining them as multiple purchases customers.
- Drip marketing
- Great customer service, Heather and Danielle were phenomenal!
- Relatively easy to use, learn and personalize.
- ActiveCampaign is so powerful and so versatile that it can sometimes be a challenge to use. There are certainly plenty of online resources available to help you get up to speed, but there are times when the process can seem a little overwhelming. I got a lot of help by attending a "Study Hall" in-person classroom session that was sponsored by the company. Chris Davis was the instructor; he did an amazing job of clarifying priorities and procedures for getting the most out of ActiveCampaign. After going to that session my productivity with ActiveCampaign increased enormously, but in retrospect, I felt like I should have been able to get that kind of expert guidance with the software much earlier, instead of using ActiveCampaign at far less than its maximum capability for several years before feeling like I was really getting my feet on the ground.
- There doesn't seem to be a way to create or accommodate multiple email addresses for a single contact in the system. When people get into the system with multiple email addresses, they show up as multiple contacts. This can create problems with proper list segmentation; it should be easy enough to resolve this problem, but it's a nagging headache whenever it pops up.
- The synching did not always work well, especially for people on the road in remote areas.
- Offline handling needs to be easier and faster.
- Very complex CRM.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
- Chatbox in the lower corner. This is tech support, and they can answer a slew of different questions on demand (during service hours).
- 1:1 support calls - 30 minutes of 1:1 call with a team member to address your needs
- Rep - You can have calls and emails into your rep.
Return on Investment
- The fortune is in the follow through, and ActiveCampaign makes the follow through easier. Drip campaigns and triggers strengthen granular follow up opportunities.
- The granular messaging options coupled with attractive pricing have made this our go to service for businesses who need more automation features, but are just getting started in the space.
- Good ROI on our international team.
- Very good to track records and faster sales success when discipline is followed.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
ActiveCampaign Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
* Up to 12 hours of Account Configuration Assistance Setup Include: Provision accounts and licenses (1hr), Kick-off Call (1 hr), and 10 additional hours of account configuration assistance to be used toward the following items, as needed by customers internal administrator: User Setup, Record Access, & Personal Preferences; Data Migration; Custom Fields & Page Layouts; Web-forms & Surveys; Views & Reports; Standard Sales Processes; Project Templates. Exact accomplishments may vary from this list based on Administrator's skills and requirements.
PlanPlus Editions & Modules
|PlanPlus Online Planner Edition||$69.991|
|PlanPlus Online Professional Edition||$34.992|
|PlanPlus Online Business Edition||$199.993|
- Per User per Month
- per 5 users/per month