Based on 94 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
- That has a minimum of 200 contacts (or that are planning on generating more very soon).
- That has marketing and lead generation in place to grow their network.
- That needs automated email marketing (automated messages sent out to potential, existing customers).
- That wants to visualize their data (be able to see where potential customers are coming from.
- That wants to integrate their email marketing with all other aspects of their business.
- If you are brand new to email marketing, need something super visual and super easy to use... ActiveCampaign may not be the best place to learn. It's mid-tech (some understanding needed) in order to execute these. The learning curve might prevent you from sending out emails altogether. Don't be intimidated, but if you're brand new, plan on asking for a bit of help.
- If you're planning on building for the long-haul, then I would recommend this platform - just don't do the emails yourself. Hire this out to consultants or email marketers.
Feature Rating Comparison
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
Triggered drip sequences
Customer data management / contact management
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Quote & order management
Channel / partner relationship management
Call center management
Help desk management
Billing and invoicing management
API for custom integration
Single sign-on capability
Role-based user permissions
- List Segmentation - With ActiveCampaign you get lots of options for list segmentation, including lists, tags and custom fields. Whether you're trying to beef up a marketing automation sequence or needing to respond to a special case situation on the fly, the capabilities here make your work a lot easier!
- Marketing Automation - ActiveCampaign provides an easy-to-use flowchart system for creating and editing marketing automations. It tremendously enhances the overall power of this system.
- Email Campaign Management - ActiveCampaign does a great job scheduling and sending out email campaigns to designated lists. Deliverability is particularly strong, and it's easy to track opens and clicks for specific contacts as well as for lists as a whole.
- Drip marketing
- Great customer service, Heather and Danielle were phenomenal!
- Relatively easy to use, learn and personalize.
- Text message marketing. There are other tools that are specifically designed for text message marketing, but it would be great if ActiveCampaign took over this industry as well, with their same philosophy of simple and fast to build + super powerful.
- It gets a bit expensive when you have a large list, because they charge in tiers based on the number of contacts. So does everyone else though, so if you have a big list it will be expensive to host.
- The synching did not always work well, especially for people on the road in remote areas.
- Offline handling needs to be easier and faster.
- Very complex CRM.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
- Chatbox in the lower corner. This is tech support, and they can answer a slew of different questions on demand (during service hours).
- 1:1 support calls - 30 minutes of 1:1 call with a team member to address your needs
- Rep - You can have calls and emails into your rep.
Return on Investment
- The fortune is in the follow through, and ActiveCampaign makes the follow through easier. Drip campaigns and triggers strengthen granular follow up opportunities.
- The granular messaging options coupled with attractive pricing have made this our go to service for businesses who need more automation features, but are just getting started in the space.
- Good ROI on our international team.
- Very good to track records and faster sales success when discipline is followed.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
ActiveCampaign Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
* Up to 12 hours of Account Configuration Assistance Setup Include: Provision accounts and licenses (1hr), Kick-off Call (1 hr), and 10 additional hours of account configuration assistance to be used toward the following items, as needed by customers internal administrator: User Setup, Record Access, & Personal Preferences; Data Migration; Custom Fields & Page Layouts; Web-forms & Surveys; Views & Reports; Standard Sales Processes; Project Templates. Exact accomplishments may vary from this list based on Administrator's skills and requirements.
PlanPlus Editions & Modules
|PlanPlus Online Planner Edition||$69.991|
|PlanPlus Online Professional Edition||$34.992|
|PlanPlus Online Business Edition||$199.993|
- Per User per Month
- per 5 users/per month