<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.1 out of 100
Based on 1148 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I think [Atlassian] Confluence is an amazing option for larger companies however for a smaller team of less than 20 it might not be the best choice. It definitely helps our team stay connected while working remotely and we're able to stay on top of projects with ease.
Employee in MarketingMarketing & Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Visual planning tools
Integrates with GoToMeeting
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts
Integrates with Outlook
Advanced security features
Integrates with Google Drive
- QUICK How-to Guides that can be generated and share instantly
- One can subscribe to the pages and spaces and receive updates in the feed on their home page
- Automatic Email notifications of new updates in the Confluence area
- The platform integrates easily with other Atlassian platforms including third-party apps thus improving its reliability
- Over the past 6 years the feature set has not significantly expanded
- Integrations with 3rd party apps (DropBox, Google Drive, Slack) is either through 3rd party plugins or rudimentary at best
- Frequent interface upgrades and complicated permissions settings makes getting new employees up to speed fiddly in some cases
Technician in Information TechnologyMarketing & Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 18 answers
I am confident that Atlassian can come with additional and innovative macros and functions to add value to Confluence. In 6 months, Atlassian transformed a good collaborative tools into a more comprehensive system that can help manage projects and processes, as well as "talk" with other Atlassian products like Jira. We are in fact learning more about Jira to evaluate a possible fit to complement our tool box.
Based on 11 answers
Confluence can - and in my personal opinion, it will - be a bit hard to use in the first moment. Atlassian is a great company and is eager to help you with any question you have, though. The interface seems to be a bit clumsy at first but the customization options are enough to make it easier and simpler. In general, Confluence is easy to use when you understand what each section does, but this can take a while.
Analyst in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 10,001+ employees
Reliability and Availability
Based on 5 answers
Based on 9 answers
Pages load very quickly, which makes it useful for quickly obtaining information. The search functionality is also very quick and is able to parse through all of the documents to provide the most relevant results for the query. Other information based software gets bogged down, but so far Atlassian Confluence maintains its performance.
Based on 44 answers
This rating is specifically for Atlassian's self-help documentation on their website. Often times, it is not robust enough to cover a complex usage of one of their features. Frequently, you can find an answer on the web, but not from Atlassian. Instead, it is usually at a power user group elsewhere on the net.
Engineer in Research & DevelopmentPharmaceuticals Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Based on 5 answers
Take a bit more time to explain the purpose of Confluence and show demos prior to actual use and content additions.
[Atlassian] Confluence is backed by direct, and superior support from Atlassian versus their vendors. For end users, [Atlassian] Confluence provides way more options for layout and content, while also being simpler and easier to use. Most other tools also require a higher level of interaction with IT or global administrators. With confluence, both content creators and consumers can draft an consume content with a much smoother, more intuitive experience.
Based on 2 answers
This tool is very adaptable. So much so we use it for three completely separate projects, in three very different ways.
Consultant in MarketingInsurance Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- Confluence has increased cross-departmental visibility into content, activities, and projects
- Confluence has also increased collaboration across teams
- The lack of a workflow has created a wild west environment where stakeholders are confused of where to create and find various types of content
Manager in Information TechnologyInformation Services Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Confluence Editions & Modules
- 10 Users - Perpetual License
- 25 Users - Perpetual License
- 50 Users - Perpetual License
- 100 Users - Perpetual License
- 250 Users - Perpetual License
- 500 Users - Perpetual License
- 2,000 Users - Perpetual License
- 10,000 Users - Perpetual License
- 10,001+ Users - Perpetual License
- 500 Users - Annually
- 1,000 Users - Annually
- 2,000 Users - Annually
- 3,000 Users - Annually
- 4,000 Users - Annually
- 5,000 Users - Annually
- 10,000 Users - Annually
- 15,000 Users - Annually
- 20,000 Users - Annually
- 25,000 Users - Annually
- 30,000 Users - Annually
- 35,000 Users - Annually
- 40,000 Users - Annually
- 40,001+ Users - Annually
- Free for 10 Users
- Per User Per Month