Likelihood to Recommend
Well-suited for simple landing pages which don't have any complex functionality. Great for creating landing pages for lead generation campaigns - as it comes with tons of excellent templates and a variety of forms. Not great for pages that contain a lot of information and can potentially be very long. We found that Instapage is not a great fit for building pages that need to be updated frequently, like a blog page.
When you need to be able to do it yourself Unbounce is the perfect platform to help. When IT resources in our department were overly committed to other things and Marketing was not able to have in-house landing pages built, it was the perfect solution for us. It allowed us to create our own pages quickly and easily when we were unable to build them otherwise. Since this point, we have moved the building over to marketing. It helps us stay brand consistent while also leaving IT time to handle other things.
Professional in MarketingPublishing Company, 11-50 employees
- Instapage makes it easy to frame out a landing page really quickly. They provide template blocks for various components of a landing page (header, features, testimonials, etc.) that you can easily modify for your own needs. Other tools provide whole-page templates, but I much prefer the section-level templating. It's more convenient to assemble a page this way and add the details on top of that versus taking a finished template and peeling away design and functional elements to get what I want.
- Instapage's mobile auto-resizer works better than other platforms I've used. I found that I had many fewer adjustments on their auto-resizing of the full page than I've experienced with other tools. I still had to work with text size a bit, but they generally did a better job of ordering elements for mobile the way I would want and maintain proportionality of page elements better.
- Instapage has a lot of integrations that marketers will love. I don't know if they particularly stand out in this respect, but this is a particularly important aspect of their tool that most marketers will care about.
- Customer Support
- Unbounce provides users with valuable resources for building landing pages, including pre-existing template designs, a navigable technical support forum, and the "live chat with a human" feature. Therefore, Unbounce is ideal for users ranging from beginner to advanced levels of industry experience.
- Cross-Channel Reporting
- Creating Contact Lists For Drip Email Campaigns
- Unbounce also allows users to transfer and store contact information into a mailing list by integrating landing pages with various email marketing platforms (e.g. ConstantContact, MailChimp, etc.), both seamlessly and effectively empowering users to create a new mailing list, or bolster a preexisting audience.
- There are only a couple of minor issues that I dislike. One is offering a Drupal community-approved update to their module. We are using a slightly older version of Drupal and it appears they don't have plans to offer a Drupal-approved update to their module for that version.
- There are also random bugs when trying to format text. For example, sometimes a sans serif font appears as a serif and doesn't seem to want to change.
- If you work with a template and some code, it can be challenging to edit the default coding.
- The built-in forms can be a bit limiting.
- The program will try to automatically reformat for mobile, but it may not always be exactly the way you want it to look, so there is a bit of redesigning required when going to mobile.
Manager in MarketingHigher Education Company, 10,001+ employees
- The reporting is very basic - pretty much only A/B test comparisons. If you need more in-depth reporting you will have to use an external system.
- Page performance isn't great. When running our landing pages through Google's Page Speed analysis tool, they did not perform well compared to landing pages we created outside of Unbounce. This was big for us because, in paid search, Google looks at your landing page quality as a factor that affects what you pay per click.
Team Lead in Professional ServicesComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 9 answers
The nonprofit discount makes it so affordable that my client was happy to continue their subscription all year round. They have used it to build landing pages to capture expressions of interest for their next recruitment window. It hasn't quite produced the sort of results we were hoping for, but I'm not sure that's Unbounce's fault.
Based on 2 answers
I've tried all of the other landing page services on the market, and this is literally the easiest to use. I am not a designer or software developer, just a simple guy and if I can learn how to use it, anyone can. That's what won me over. Their support and pre-made templates are awesome, but the usability is what I love!
Based on 2 answers
Unbounce made it easy for my team to build landing pages for website and email. We gained valuable A/B testing insights and gathered information from visitors effectively converting them to leads. The Editor is straight forward and I was able to learn to use it on my own without instruction. CRM integration was easy and consistently worked.
Based on 1 answer
Again, support is just awesome. I've never had any issues go over 24 hours and the people are friendly and speak English really well.
Based on 8 answers
Unbounce customer support is very strong. We have been able to connect with them via email and telephone mediums. They are very knowledgeable and can effectively help resolve difficult problems that are slowing us down. Overall Unbounce customer support is very professional. Our wait times have always been small or at least reasonable.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 3 answers
Choose a subdomain that is appropriate for multiple types of pages. You don't want to have to keep changing it. Think about using Google Tag Manager to manage your Google Analytics code and event tracking. Build one landing page to completion. Then make a copy of it if you need to create variant pages.
HubSpot was terrible because it required a lot of coding experience if you wanted to work outside the given 4-5 templates. If you wanted a new template built, or to rebrand existing templates, they charged you. Very inflexible program and was very challenged by it. Our main website was built using WordPress, which is great for building webpages, but more difficult to build a landing page without the distraction of the top navigation menu. Instapage literally answered all the problems we were seeking to address: simplicity, customization, ease of use.
Unbounce and Leadpages are very similar, I really don't have anything bad to say about either. I chose Unbounce over Leadpages because of the customized URL option. From a branding perspective, it looks stronger to have try.mycompany.com/myoffer than something like mycompany.Leadpages.com/myoffer. I just like that and i felt more comfortable knowing that we would be able to take ownership of the url even if it wasn't hosted on our home site
Return on Investment
- We've not had much of a conversion rate on some of our landing pages -- but this could be because we are relatively green with the marketing side of things and forget to send people to it. It's not easy for people to find on their own -- so I highly recommend you use some of the "hidden" SEO tools to increase the ROI. Without it, you're not going to be happy with your investment.
- Unbounce has allowed us an easy way to offer lead generation and conversion optimization services regardless of what technology the client is using for their website.
- ROI is achieved fast, as a single client engagement more than pays for the software each month.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Instapage Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details*Pricing for annual contract.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
unbounce Editions & Modules
- 150 landing pages, 16 popups & sticky bars
- 375+ landing pages, 40+ popups and sticky bars
- 75 landing pages, 8 popups & sticky bars