Based on 737 reviews and ratings
Medallia and SurveyMonkey are both software designed to engage with customers and gauge their thoughts through surveys. Medallia is a customer experience management software that provides survey features, as well as in app feedback and review features. SurveyMonkey is a survey & form building tool designed to help businesses collect and analyze data with highly customizable surveys.
Medallia and SurveyMonkey both offer survey creation capabilities, but they also have a few standout features that set them apart from each other
Medallia provides form and survey generation in addition to review and reputation management. Medallia collects data about customer experience and also provides analytics features so the businesses can see what is impacting customer loyalty. Medallia offers a complete platform for monitoring customer experience with both individual products and brands as a whole.
SurveyMonkey is a dedicated survey platform that businesses use to gain specific, actionable insights on both customers and employees. SurveyMonkey provides automated responsive design with a simple drag-and-drop survey editor so surveys will look great on all devices. For quick survey creation, SurveyMonkey has a wider variety of survey templates that can be used out of the box or customized.
Medallia and SurveyMonkey can both be used to make and push out surveys, but they also have some limitations that are important to consider.
Medallia provides a fully featured customer experience platform, but it doesn’t provide specialized survey tools. Users can create customized surveys using Medallia, but it doesn’t provide a wide variety of survey templates, so businesses cannot make surveys as quickly as they would be able to with a dedicated tool. For businesses looking primarily to create surveys, SurveyMonkey may be preferred.
SurveyMonkey includes specialized survey making features, but it isn’t a complete customer experience platform with support for reputation management. Additionally, SurveyMonkey doesn’t include detailed analytics features outside of individual survey reports. For businesses looking for a customer experience platform, rather than a survey creation tool, Medallia may be preferred.
Pricing for both Medallia is dependent on the feature needs and size of the purchasing business. Buyers can reach out to the vendor for a detailed quote.
SurveyMonkey offers a business pricing package for $25.00 per month per user. For larger enterprises that need more advanced analytics features, the Team Premier package costs $75.00 per month per user.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on June 12, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
Changes to live survey
Question design help
Multiple question types
Survey logic flexibility
- Integration with Salesforce: Medallia can be fully integrated with Salesforce or other CRM systems with all the data in both places and Account Managers/Sales, CSM's, Support, Onboarding, executives, etc., never have to leave SF and they have a Dashboard in SF tailored to their role. All data is available in real-time.
- Closed loop: Great closed-loop where alerts are sent out to the right person in real time if there is a detractor or dissatisfied customer. This means you can contact the customer within 24 hours, which wows your customers and makes it easy to move to customers from a Detractor to a Promoter.
- Actionable insights: Medallia has amazing dashboards, that give you the data you need along with text analytics to make changes based on your customer needs, pain points and trends. It gives you all the tools you need to take the right actions to improve you customer experience and the bottom-line.
- A strength for SurveyMonkey is that it is very user friendly. If one should become stuck in an area, the guides that are provided work nicely.
- Allowing for a large number of participants to be mailed at once is a huge plus.
- Being able to offer providers a link directly, being FB friendly, is a HUGE plus for our business.
- Unable to export personal information into Excel causing a lot of manual work
- Difficult to integrate with other systems due to the need for unique account identifiers
- Missing some functionality. Need more pre-defined template responses. Would be nice to copy email addresses from the response tab without it opening up the response. Need different views of some reports
- Search bars are finicky sometimes. Example- It's difficult to find users in the response subscribe section
- The UI feels outdated. That in itself is not a bad thing - you know when you're filling a Survey Monkey, as the interface is easily recognisable. However, while all the other competitors and tools are moving with the times, Survey Monkey seems to be stuck in time. That, however, is the opposite of their app: their mobile development team definitely keeps their app up-to-date with the latest technologies. For instance, they updated their app to support the latest iPhone 6 and 6 Plus soon after the devices were released.
- There's reporting available on the platform, although it feels quite basic. As an analyst I usually require enough features to "slice and dice" the data and work with it, and Survey Monkey doesn't help me all the way. That's not the end of the world however: the reporting available will be just enough for a user who just wants to know the top-level stats, and for advanced users the spreadsheet exports will be enough for you to carry on your reporting in your tool of choice.
Likelihood to Renew
Return on Investment
- You have full visibility into what your customers are thinking on a wide spectrum, allowing you to get out of specific anecdotes and really determine your strengths and weaknesses.
- You'll be able to make your customers feel more valued in asking for their feedback in improving, adding another layer of positive to the customer experience.
- Medallia will help your employees learn what they're doing well and where they can get better, automatically helping to keep all of your employees continuously improve.
- ROI positive.
- Better connection and communication with my entire work team, and even better business relationships with clients.
- With better data collection, we have been able to improve various functions within the organization, knowing our shortcomings, we find fast and accurate solutions.