What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Do you need a simple work tracking resource? Is the work force available to spend some time learning and tracking their work? Is this going to be used for a small or a large work group? For teams of 1-10 this is an ideal tracking resource?It's better to push for the paid seats on Wrike to use more of the functionality like time reporting and posting files into specific jobs.
Senior Graphic Designer
Interaction AssociatesProfessional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for Agile Methodology
Support for Waterfall Methodology
Change request and Case Management
Budget and Expense Management
Project & financial reporting
Integration with accounting software
- Creating tasks for team members and having the team have access to the tasks to show what is coming up.
- The ability for Wrike to work with many different programs and platforms. We used it with Dropbox and Gmail and the integration was seamless for adding tasks and subtasks to calendars.
- The layout is simple and easy to use. As updates happen, elements have gotten easier to use. The ability to drag and drop items should be part of every project management program.
- The Gantt charts were easy to work with (and make updates to) and print for our weekly status meetings. Many PM systems do not have this capability.
- Wrike worked very well for our small group. At the time, the scale-ability to be used with a larger company would not have been possible. The capabilities were not there.
- At the time, we did not have the functionality to duplicate folders for future use. Wrike has subsequently added that feature now.
- Having all of the notifications sent to Gmail and added to your calendar can get overwhelming quickly.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 32 answers
Wrike has proven to be a versatile tool that we use in several ways. We use it as our CRM tool because of its lighter footprint and ease of use. Other CRM software can be too large for our needs and make things too complicated. We also use it as a tool to record our meeting minutes as well as note talking points for future meetings.
ComputrekInformation Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
Based on 8 answers
Reliability and Availability
Based on 8 answers
I cannot think of a time in our approximately three years of Wrike that it hasn't been available.
Based on 3 answers
Their support was done mainly through email and depending on their work lord, could take longer to get a response. But the response was still within a reasonable time frame and courteous every time.
Based on 2 answers
Wrike does a great job of provide a breadth of videos for learning their program. This includes a 'getting started' sett of videos along with a collection of more in depth videos to assist more experienced users. Combined with their excellent chat support learning wrike is easy and it includes easy access to best practices.
Based on 6 answers
My team started using Basecamp initially, but due to the focus on simplicity, found that our needs greatly exceeded what Basecamp could offer. Wrike was a great alternative due to continued simplicity to use, intuitive to manage projects, but a level of robustness that provided me the tools necessary to manage an ever growing team.
Drury HotelsHospitality, 1001-5000 employees
Return on Investment
- We haven't had an opportunity to see a true ROI in terms of our investment, however with the low up-front cost it does make our project tasks simpler.
HIT Project Manager
Golden Valley Health CentersHospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Wrike Editions & Modules
Request a quote
2. per 5 users/month