Overall Satisfaction with Anaconda
My previous organization used Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook specifically to run sales forecasting codes in Python. At the time, it was specifically used by the E-Commerce and Buying team to make buying decisions. The ease of using Anaconda Navigator was a very big plus point for my organization as they could save a ton of time and money that was needed behind the training.
- Anaconda is a one-stop destination for important data science and programming tools such as Jupyter, Spider, R etc.
- Anaconda command prompt gave flexibility to use and install multiple libraries in Python easily.
- Jupyter Notebook, a famous Anaconda product is still one of the best and easy to use product for students like me out there who want to practice coding without spending too much money.
- It'd be great to see some good data visualization tools on Anaconda Navigator.
- Its ability to handle large data source.
- I'd like to see some themes for night coders like myself. Some good UI would be appreciated.
- As a Data Analyst in the team, my department concerns primarily with data and Anaconda provides all the major data science tools at one place.
- The ability to install libraries using the anaconda command prompt.
- Lots of resources available online to help beginners and those with less technical expertise.
- As a recent graduate, Anaconda was a great free tool available for me to practice programming on Jupyter, RStudio, etc.
- It makes it a lot easier to download and export codes and share with your colleagues.
- Its easy-to-use functionality helped a lot towards achieving good accuracy on our sales price predictor model.
One of the main competitors to Anaconda can be Google products such as Colab. Colab gives you the flexibility to handle large datasets gives it an edge over Anaconda. But again, the ease of access and usability of Anaconda stacks up against Colab. Besides, Anaconda relies more on your machine which makes it safe to use.
Do you think Anaconda delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Anaconda's feature set?
Did Anaconda live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Anaconda go as expected?
Would you buy Anaconda again?
As a Data Analyst, it is my job to analyze large datasets using complex mathematical models. Anaconda provides a one-stop destination with tools like PyCharm, Jupyter, Spyder, and RStudio. One case where it is well suited is for someone who has just started his/her career in this field. The ability to install Anaconda requires zero to little skills and its UI is a lot easier for a beginner to try. On the other hand, for a professional, its ability to handle large data sets could be improved. From my experience, it has happened a lot that the system would crash with big files.