Samuel L. was excellent at demonstrating and training us on the system. …
It is …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- View company policy documentation (13)8.585%
- Update personal information (13)8.585%
- Balance details (11)8.484%
- Approval workflow (12)8.383%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BrightHR, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- Tech Details
BrightHR is a UK based HR and health & safety software platform, dedicated to transforming people management.
BrightHR has supported employers since 2015 with a range of software and provides HR, H&S, and business support to over 80,000 businesses globally.
The software allows the user to manage staff holidays, overtime, sickness, lateness, and on the go with mobile apps.
With the Turbo Talent Navigator, the user can build a team with its job listing creator and applicant manager, and download templates such as offer letters and job descriptions, alongside interview checklists.
Once they’re hired, BrightHR will help plan their rotas, run their payroll reports, and track their sick leave and holidays, in its people management software. Plus, with Blip and PoP, BrightHR's free mobile apps, the user can create a digital clock-in system and track employee expenses.
Staff will also have access to an employee assistance programme, Bright Wellbeing & Counselling, which brings staff a wealth of wellbeing services. The EAP provides a 24/7, 365 confidential & compassionate helpline for employees to speak to experienced in-house counsellors.
Because keeping staff safe is important, BrightSafe also helps to ensure compliance with regulations. Create and manage risk assessments, record any accidents in the workplace and carry out investigations. Also, access a range of CPD and RoSPA accredited e-learning courses.
The solution includes access to Bright Exchange, where the user can list a business and offer exclusive discounts to an audience of over 50,000 businesses and their staff. Staff will also get access to tons of special offers.
Additionally, BrightAdvice gives a direct line to a team of qualified employment law experts ready to help when needed. BrightAdvice guarantees a support network for even the trickiest HR issues.
And its answer bot, BrightHR Lightning, lets users type in an HR question, and the smart AI system will return a legally compliant answer straight away.
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Support for external payroll vendors
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Travel absence management
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Absence Management
- Supported: Attendance Management
- Supported: Clocking In and Out System
- Supported: Document Storage
- Supported: Time & Attendance Tracking
- Supported: Sick Leave tracking
- Supported: Employee Self Service
- Supported: Expense Management
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand|
- Health and Safety Checks
- Expense Recording
- Holiday Entitlement
- More detailed answers on the help section.
Samuel L. was excellent at demonstrating and training us on the system. Excellent service and excellent technology.
The platform brings an incredible boost to our efficiency, productivity and ease of use with our company systems.
- great interface for both staff and managers to work with
- all annual leave requests, TOIL, overtime handled incredibly easy
- central storage of employee documentation easily and safely held and on-hand
- would be good to be able to remove items not required (e.g. function for staff to select 'payable' overtime additions)
- employee records management
- calendar integration
- documents management
- dedicated managed dashboard
- Easy to use
- Great communication
- Simple format
- Great communication
- friendly, easy-going staff who answer questions without too much jargon
- Document handling
- Employee data display
- Probably leave administration (though we have to decide whether to adopt that)
- Ability to handle things on team by team basis rather than individuals (BrightSafe)
- Encourage admin by a specific admin account rather than the account of a 'user'
- Irish Location site for BrightHR would be fantastic.
- Organisation and communication is impeccable.
- Communication is always friendly and helpful.
- HR advice
- H & S advice
- Don't know yet
- Providing information
- Answering queries
- Enable some additional features within employee permissions
- When a query has been dealt with via the helpline an email confirming the outcome is often issued which is great for reference at any time.
- The system is easy to use and the screens are clutter free.
- The support service offered is easy to access and the staff are friendly and helpful.
- Direct-dial telephone numbers rather than going through the Peninsula helpline numbers.
- Setting up annual leave profiles often needs the assistance of a Bright HR representative when staff works quirky shifts. Providing examples of how to set the system up in user guides may help to set the system upright the first time.
- Staying in contact with us
- Easy to use Sotware
- Quick Response to questions we have
- Bright Exchange should add functionality to list in more than one region
- Should be able to calculate holiday hours based on hours worked
- BrightHR app for employees and managers
- BrightHR newsflash for the latest HR updates
- BrightHR notifications and reminders
- BrightHR documents - organisation and employee
- Batch imports of employee data
- All teams access to a holiday calendar across teams
It is also great for creating rotas. It will bring a level of professionalism to empowering and managing employee needs. The set up is very easy. The support is excellent and like any system, it can probably do more than you realize!
- easy to use
- none that I can think of
- Holiday management
- HR storage
- Absence reporting
- Track vacation
- Permissions-need to be revised.
- The bottom landing page is hard to navigate.
- Granting access to employees has too many saves involved.
You can add all HR documents to individual employee folders and you can give permission to those employees to view documents or you can turn that off. You can set reminders for reviews and PDRs as well as you receive reminders from Bright HR letting you know if the information is missing; for if someone needs holiday/TOIL approval.
I find the fact that documents cannot be viewed in the application frustrating as sometimes I do not want to download the document to my laptop.