Reviews (1-3 of 3)
Score 8 out of 10
DocLink is used by our Accounts Payable and Accounting teams. It is essentially our digital filing cabinet, allowing us to scan documents, transfer within departments across our entire enterprise system for review and approval, create annotations for future reference, and maintain a true "paper-free" status. We are able to save a great deal of time by having a detailed, organized digital document system.
- Maintains all scanned and processed documents since we converted from paper files. 13 years and counting for our company.
- Able to create custom folders or "workflows" with specific permissions.
- Able to quickly search using a wide variety of search parameters.
- Allows the user to make notations, highlights, and digital stamps for future reference.
- Allows the user to scan or drag and drop documents into the program and will convert to the acceptable format (ie: PDF will convert to TIF).
- Search parameters are limited. I would love to be able to enter one value and the program pull in all items containing that value (ie: wildcard search).
- The workflow creation module is complicated. There are so many steps, and if a step is overlooked during creation, the process does not function properly.
- It is challenging to delete workflows once a history for a specific workflow has been established.
- The services monitoring system is confusing for the average, non-technical user.
Read Pamela Dalton's full review
DocLink is a very effective program for processing and maintaining files. It allows the user to scan invoices and documents into the program and move each file throughout the enterprise as necessary for review, approval, notification, etc. It eliminates the need to spend countless hours manually filing paper documents, reduces the need for filing cabinets, reduces issues with missing or misfiled documents, and creates a much more organized and efficient system.
September 07, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
We use doc-link to route all AP requests for approval. We also use it to store and route documents. doc-link allows us to store and manage all documents in one location. We are also able to set up a workflow for the document types to route for approval or different processing.
- Stores documents, easy to search and retrieve documents
- Workflow is easy to use and set up
- Users interface is uncomplicated and easy for users to learn
- Document workflow can be confusing as it is all a workflow chart. Bigger worksflows get hard to follow in the flow chart. One solution we use is to break the workflow into smaller parts that all work together.
- AD connections can be tricky to set up.
- Customization is great but it would be nice to push the same customization to all users of a certain group and then lock it down.
Read Renae Clary's full review
If you have a image document you need to store or run a workflow on it is a great tool. The key is you have to have a document. You can't run a workflow if there is no document. It should not be used just for processing a workflow without a document.
March 14, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
It simplifies sending invoices, POs and other documents by email and fax and also saves the documents for future reference. Without DocLink we would have to print each document to a PDF then email. [It] increases productivity and accuracy by sending documents as fast as you can hit print!
- Archives documents - all your documents in one place that you can retrieve as they were printed.
- Emails documents - printing and emailing in one easy step, just print to the DocLink queue and DocLink reads the email address and sends it.
- Faxes documents - so your recipient does use email? You can set the document to fax if email is not available.
- Need to map fields to process documents, this is a manual process that needs to be automated for the template.
- Sends thru a print queue, sometimes the queue goes offline and you don't know it right away.
- Doesn't always tell you if the fax delivery failed, this is partially dependent on the fax software communications.
- Limited fax support, hard to match up the DocLink server with faxing solution that's compatible when the server is virtual.
Read this authenticated review
Nothing I know does what this does, most do archiving but not sending to the level this does.
DocLink Scorecard Summary
DocLink is an integrated document management system from Altec headquartered in Laguna Hills, California.
Categories: Document Management
DocLink Technical Details