DocLink is used by our Accounts Payable and Accounting teams. It is essentially our digital filing cabinet, allowing us to scan documents, transfer within departments across our entire enterprise system for review and approval, create annotations for future reference, and maintain a true "paper-free" status. We are able to save a great deal of time by having a detailed, organized digital document system.
- Maintains all scanned and processed documents since we converted from paper files. 13 years and counting for our company.
- Able to create custom folders or "workflows" with specific permissions.
- Able to quickly search using a wide variety of search parameters.
- Allows the user to make notations, highlights, and digital stamps for future reference.
- Allows the user to scan or drag and drop documents into the program and will convert to the acceptable format (ie: PDF will convert to TIF).
- Search parameters are limited. I would love to be able to enter one value and the program pull in all items containing that value (ie: wildcard search).
- The workflow creation module is complicated. There are so many steps, and if a step is overlooked during creation, the process does not function properly.
- It is challenging to delete workflows once a history for a specific workflow has been established.
- The services monitoring system is confusing for the average, non-technical user.
DocLink is a very effective program for processing and maintaining files. It allows the user to scan invoices and documents into the program and move each file throughout the enterprise as necessary for review, approval, notification, etc. It eliminates the need to spend countless hours manually filing paper documents, reduces the need for filing cabinets, reduces issues with missing or misfiled documents, and creates a much more organized and efficient system.