July 04, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Read Christopher Stark's full review
Pros and Cons
- Domino support for policy-based user registration and deployment eases end-user creation.
- User access to databases is simplified via group membership and defined roles.
- Email replication to clustered servers is simplified through connection/replication documents stored centralized address book
- Group calendaring enabled at client level controls.
- I am not a fan of the Domino ID for authentication purposes. Some Admins appreciate this feature, but ID aging, updating and management issues are burdensome.
- Integrations with current available software applications as a result of lower Domino adoption rates.
- Administration tools are somewhat dated and clunky. Even with updates and patches, the Domino administrator console hasn't changed in years.