Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 11, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
- Medisoft has an abundance of built in reports that allow you to track a wide array of practice and patient data. In addition to these standard reports, you have the ability to create custom reports, allowing you more control over the data that is important to your practice. There is a bit of a learning curve when designing custom reports, but the outcome is well worth the effort to learn this piece of the software.
- Medisoft is a great all-in-one software for practices that need both a scheduling module and a billing module that will "talk" to each other and keep track of important things like scheduling follow up appointments for regularly seen patients and how many visits remain on a prior authorization. While we do not currently have a need for the scheduling piece at Cardiostaff, I have used the full functionality of Medisoft at previous facilities and have found it to be the most user friendly of the medical software I have used.
- Navigation in Medisoft is logical and quite user friendly and many functions can be accessed via shortcut keys, if you are someone who prefers this over clicking the mouse.
- I would like to see an option that allows the user to mark a claim as "crossed over to secondary" when posting primary payments. Ideally there would be a button or box to tick, which would then mark the claim as crossed over and also mark the secondary claim as sent. This process must currently be done manually and can be quite tedious and time consuming. If we do not go through and mark these crossed over claims as sent before sending a batch of secondary claims, we typically end up with quite a few "duplicate claim" rejections.
- I would like to be able to tie one guarantor account to multiple patient accounts and have a listing of those patient accounts pop up (or otherwise be visible) whenever the guarantor account is accessed. This can be a frustrating issue when you have 2 or more children from the same family as patients and need to be able to assign the same guarantor for each. While it is currently possible to assign the same guarantor to more than one account, the system fails to pull information from each account when printing statements, resulting in incorrect balances being reported on guarantor driven statements.
- I would like to have a print option available for more areas within Medisoft. For instance, I would love to be able to print the list of "ready to bill" claims directly from the Claim Management screen. It would also be quite useful to be able to print the transaction notes associated with individual claims.
Read Lori Scarmardo's full review
For smaller practices that do not bill insurance, Medisoft may be a bit more than they really need. However, if they desire the ability to track patient appointments and financials all in one place, as well as run detailed reports on practice data, this still may be a good option.
Medisoft Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Medisoft?
Medisoft, an EHR / EMR solution, was acquired by eMDs, an Austin healthcare software company, from McKesson in 2016.
Categories: Medical Office EMR & EHR
Medisoft Technical Details