Reviews (1-2 of 2)
June 13, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Ooyala is a good video content workflow management system that we use at a department level for our digital marketing campaigns. It makes it easy to manage video content with features for data management, content distribution, and analytics. It can be easily integrated with multiple platforms at the same time and that really solves multiple challenges at once.
- Analytics is the key to understand user behavior that will help organizations build on KPIs, and Ooyala's analytics features do that so well and give you an insight into customer behavior.
- Ooyala's capability to integrate with Slack makes it easier for the team to be on the same page and work towards the same direction.
- Ooyala's integration with other software and platforms makes it really scalable with features like subscription services, an easy to upload videos, etc.
- The user interface could be improved (making it more like YouTube and Vimeo).
- The feature that provides scheduling could be improved to be seamless for publishing to Instagram.
Read this authenticated review
Ooyala provides the opportunity to scale and manage multiple services and platforms in the organization with its integration services with internal tools like Slack and multiple other applications. Also, it helps you understand the views, reach, and engagement with the videos that help you define your next campaign strategy. In my experience, Ooyala could be less appropriate for managing URLs and unreliability may make you upload videos more than once.
November 09, 2015
Score 7 out of 10
Oovvuu distributes video to media companies including News Corp. News Corp uses Ooyala as its online video player (OVP). We manage some of the Ooyala users at News Corp.
- It's intuitive and easy to use.
- Ooyala Now is the only product I have seen to date that shows me real-time usage.
- I like the people.
- There is a general view that their new ownership has taken the edge of their innovation.
- Product development is too slow.
- Their analytics still fail to address the issue of profitability.
Read Ricky Sutton's full review
Ooyala does the job for a newcomer entering the space. It currently does not represent a strong enough reason for someone with prior experience of an online video player to switch from a rival product, like say Brightcove.
Ooyala Flex Media Platform Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ooyala Flex Media Platform
The Ooyala Flex Media Platform aims to connect and power the entire content supply chain, from the initial pre-production through to distribution. It provides sophisticated workflow management, shared metadata infrastructure, and APIs to connect and orchestrate the entire media supply chain. It enables broadcasters, operators, and media companies to import, manage, deliver, and monetize their content.
According to the vendor, the Ooyala Flex Media Platform has become the media factory of choice for innovative content owners worldwide. It orchestrates thousands of video workflows, manages assets and metadata across multiple systems, and analyzes bottlenecks within the content supply chain. The Platform utilizes open APIs to integrate with existing systems to provide a single source of truth for media, entertainment and sports companies.
Ooyala is now a part of Dalet (acquired 2019).
Ooyala Flex Media Platform Screenshots
Ooyala Flex Media Platform Competitors
SDVI, Reach Engine, Vidispine
Ooyala Flex Media Platform Support Options
Ooyala Flex Media Platform Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|