PDFelement is a document management solution from Wondershare Software headquartered in China.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Hl/Yv/XSXVGGS2EB5P.PNGAbsolutely worth the investment.I use PDFelement to edit PDFs when the original file is non-existent. I work with a lot of technologically-challenged individuals who don't understand that a PDF is not normally editable. They'll send me files with the classic "I need this edit on this ASAP," and when asked if they have the original file, I get "this is the original file." It's such an asset to be able to say yes without any hesitation or stipulation.,PDFelelement does a really great job at recognizing editable text automatically. And what's different and special about this product is it recognizes different editing areas — and can be flexible with those areas. Say you want to edit one line. The program will give you an editing box around the entire paragraph, etc. But it will also allow you to focus on just that single line in the paragraph if that's what you need. It's flexible. Removing watermarks! Such an incredible asset to have — even if it's just your own. (This goes back to losing the original file again...) Annotating a PDF. Normally I find annotating a pdf is easy and generally cleaner on an iPad/tablet, but this program allows for really clean and clear annotations, which is so helpful.,Combining pdf files. I still manually do it through Preview on Mac. I haven't quite figured out the groove of it on PDFelement and I think it's because it just needs to be improved on their side of things. The functionality organization could be slightly more user-friendly — it's steep/fairly fast learning curve, but it could be easier. I would love to see more instructions or a walk through that helps identify what some of the tools do. Not everyone has tons of time to explore on their own.,9,I don't have any hard numbers to provide, but it has definitely increased business. Instead of saying "no, I can't help you with that PDF edit," I can say "yes!" and make money.,,Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro XPDFelement provides all of the top features at an affordable price!My husband and I are semi-retired and provide consulting services for small businesses and individuals. We both had previously used Adobe Acrobat Pro for years at our previous organizations. We required a PDF editor that would have less of a learning curve for our clients, one that was less expensive and yet had the same features as the Pro version of Acrobat. After some research and after reading several reviews online, I chose PDFelement. It addresses all of our needs and our clients' needs, such as the automatic creation of fill-in forms, the ability to edit, comment, and digitally sign documents, and it offers security options.,PDFelement provides the same powerful features as Adobe Acrobat, but the interface is easy to learn and use. The product is extremely intuitive, which saves our clients from becoming frustrated as they learn the product. PDFelement Pro's ability to create fillable forms with the click of one button is one of our clients favorite features. I was impressed at how accurately PDFelement performed this task and the ease with which these fields can be edited, if needed. Security is more important than ever these days and PDFelement provides the encryption and permissions to protect documents quickly and easily. I especially like the batch encrypt feature, this makes it easy to protect multiple files with the same password. PDFelement makes it easy to extract the data from form fields. This is a huge plus for our clients.,I have not been able to find a feature to straighten scanned-in documents to align them perfectly on the page if they are a bit crooked. If this feature exists, I haven't had luck in finding it yet.,10,Since our consulting business is so small, so is the impact; however, this product has met all of our business objectives.,,Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Photoshop, SnagitNew to PDFelement 6 Pro, glad to be learning its many features - and leaving Adobe Acrobat behind!I use it, as an author, for working with text to publish in various formats. I am new to PDFelement, and am presently learning about its features.,I am new to PDFelement - having left Adobe - and am experimenting and trying out the various features. Using their PDF Creator for Mac, I got a good copy of a book I publish online. Next, I added a jpg image to the PDF (the cover of the book), and it worked well. This shows me the options I have when publishing more books - greatly expanding the use of various images for book covers.,When I was creating a pdf from a MS Word document (a large book manuscript), it didn't keep the formatting of the Word document. I may be able to figure out why this happened, but for now I had to change the Word doc to get the pdf to have the formatting of the original.,10,Considering the exorbitant pricing of the Adobe packages nowadays PDFelement kept me within our budget. Which means I can self-publish more materials without seeking external expertise. It also means I can produce classier-looking covers for books and booklets. [Correction: the review form asked if I was offered any reward or recompense for writing the review, and I said "No' - but now I remember I was offered a $10 Amazon gift card by PDFelement if I did so.],Adobe Acrobat DC,Microsoft Office 2016,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,If I had to do it again, I would stay with PDFelement 6. I didn't see any real competition save outlandishly priced Adobe.PDFelement meets al the needs of Adobe Acrobat users!I currently utilize PDFelement to convert Word documents to PDF format. I also use PDFelement to separate/extract large PDF scans to my computer. I found it just as easy if not easier than using Adobe Acrobat.,Convert Word documents to PDF Assists in breaking down a large PDF document to multiple smaller ones,When extracting a document it allows the option for the document to be deleted automatically when extracted.,10,It is less expensive than Adobe Acrobat,PDFelement is a timesaverOn a daily basis I need to scan documents into PDF and have the ability to edit them. With PDFelement, this has been made quick and easy. I've tried other software that's out there and have never been satisfied. I would highly recommend PDFelement and PDFelement Pro, it is well worth the cost.,OCR Editing existing PDFs Quickly sign documents,Love this software, I cannot think of anything to be improved,10,PDFelement saves me hours per week,Adobe Acrobat DC
Windows, Mac
PDFelement

PDFelement Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

PDFelement
Filter 79 vetted PDFelement reviews and ratings
Abbie Duquette profile photo
August 07, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Absolutely worth the investment."

• PDFelelement does a really great job at recognizing editable text automatically. And what's different and special about this product is it recognizes different editing areas — and can be flexible with those areas. Say you want to edit one line. The program will give you an editing box around the entire paragraph, etc. But it will also allow you to focus on just that single line in the paragraph if that's what you need. It's flexible.
  • Removing watermarks! Such an incredible asset to have — even if it's just your own. (This goes back to losing the original file again...)
  • Annotating a PDF. Normally I find annotating a pdf is easy and generally cleaner on an iPad/tablet, but this program allows for really clean and clear annotations, which is so helpful.
  • Combining pdf files. I still manually do it through Preview on Mac. I haven't quite figured out the groove of it on PDFelement and I think it's because it just needs to be improved on their side of things.
  • The functionality organization could be slightly more user-friendly — it's steep/fairly fast learning curve, but it could be easier.
  • I would love to see more instructions or a walk through that helps identify what some of the tools do. Not everyone has tons of time to explore on their own.
It's a wonderful asset to have when you lose your original Word doc, etc. so you can still edit a document (and not have to start from ground zero). That feature alone is why I bought this product and why I will continue to recommend.
Read Abbie Duquette's full review
Coleen Carswell profile photo
June 29, 2018

Review: "PDFelement provides all of the top features at an affordable price!"

• PDFelement provides the same powerful features as Adobe Acrobat, but the interface is easy to learn and use. The product is extremely intuitive, which saves our clients from becoming frustrated as they learn the product.
  • PDFelement Pro's ability to create fillable forms with the click of one button is one of our clients favorite features. I was impressed at how accurately PDFelement performed this task and the ease with which these fields can be edited, if needed.
  • Security is more important than ever these days and PDFelement provides the encryption and permissions to protect documents quickly and easily. I especially like the batch encrypt feature, this makes it easy to protect multiple files with the same password.
  • PDFelement makes it easy to extract the data from form fields. This is a huge plus for our clients.
  • I have not been able to find a feature to straighten scanned-in documents to align them perfectly on the page if they are a bit crooked. If this feature exists, I haven't had luck in finding it yet.
PDFelement Pro is well suited for all of our needs and our clients' needs. I bought the Windows version and liked it so much that I purchased the Mac version at the discount that I was offered at checkout. It performs well and is easy to learn and use. Companies could save so much money by using PDFelement instead of Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro.
Read Coleen Carswell's full review
Steve Rafalsky profile photo
October 01, 2018

Review: "New to PDFelement 6 Pro, glad to be learning its many features - and leaving Adobe Acrobat behind!"

• I am new to PDFelement - having left Adobe - and am experimenting and trying out the various features. Using their PDF Creator for Mac, I got a good copy of a book I publish online.
  • Next, I added a jpg image to the PDF (the cover of the book), and it worked well.
  • This shows me the options I have when publishing more books - greatly expanding the use of various images for book covers.
  • When I was creating a pdf from a MS Word document (a large book manuscript), it didn't keep the formatting of the Word document. I may be able to figure out why this happened, but for now I had to change the Word doc to get the pdf to have the formatting of the original.
I am still experimenting with PDFelement 6 Pro. Though I must say in my testing it did an OCR of a scanned 16-page newsletter and did a very good job, considering how primitive this newsletter was (it was typewritten on an IBM Selectric maybe three decades ago). On better scanned documents I imagine it will do even better.
Read Steve Rafalsky's full review
Michael Januszka profile photo
September 28, 2018

Review: "PDFelement meets al the needs of Adobe Acrobat users!"

• Convert Word documents to PDF
  • Assists in breaking down a large PDF document to multiple smaller ones
  • When extracting a document it allows the option for the document to be deleted automatically when extracted.
It is well suited in converting many formats of documents to a PDF format. It is also a great tool to modify PDF documents.
Read Michael Januszka's full review
Matt Shields profile photo
September 27, 2018

User Review: "PDFelement is a timesaver"

• OCR
  • Editing existing PDFs
  • Quickly sign documents
  • Love this software, I cannot think of anything to be improved
Personally, I deal with a lot of vendors and their contracts. PDFelement has made it easy to scan vendor contracts, convert them, make them editable, digitally sign them, and get them sent back to our vendors as quickly as possible.
Read Matt Shields's full review
Allen Schellenberg profile photo
June 20, 2018

PDFelement Review: "The GOOD, the Bad, and the ugly"

I used PDFelement for a number of reasons, as follows:
  1. - to annotate documents providing mark-ups for revision or comment to the author,
  2. - to annotate documents for my future reference, or to be used as personal notes when presenting to my Board,
  3. - to add Headers to a number of documents, then compile them into a single docket for distribution
  4. - to annotate with highlighting, or outline shapes in order to draw attention to key areas of a document
  5. - to print directly to a PDF file for distribution
  • Having the ability to actually edit text within the PDF document is fantastic. Just yesterday I was placing a "Textbox" on top of some text I needed to edit, then remembered I could actually edit the text of the PDF itself, while retaining the font properties, making the edit easy and seamless.
  • Occasionally, I have the need to emphasize certain images on a PDF file prior to me forwarding it to others. PDFelement allows me the opportunity to re-size graphics images to highlight their importance within the message I am sending when using existing PDF files. This saves me time and allows for a clear message to be given.
  • When merging multiple PDF files into one file, particularly when a larger number of PDF files are being merged, the "Merge Window" is only large enough to display 4 file names, due to the space used to show the name of each included file. Often times it is necessary to re-organize the files prior to the merge, however, this process is very cumbersome and slow as you attempt to re-order the files while only viewing 4 filenames at any one time. If the user had the ability to make the "Merge Window" bigger, or the space used to display each file name was smaller, this would greatly improve functionality.
  • I use the STAMP command to add jpeg signatures to the signature line within PDF documents. However, as the background of the STAMP is solid white, it often covers the signature "line" and usually other text that is close by. To overcome this, it's necessary to make the signature unusually small. Placing the signature STAMP "behind" the other graphics and text would resolve the problem. However, I've been told by PDFElement they currently have no "layering" functionality, yet, when I edit PDF files with multiple graphic images, I can see lines on top of photos, or other images that appear "on top of" other graphics. Obviously, this is due to "layering" , whether it was designed that way or not.
  • One of the greatest features of a PDF editor is filling out forms using the "TYPEWRITER" command, needed when there are no "form fields" used. However, PDFelement has made this command so cumbersome to use, it's almost useless. In my previous PDF editor, it was two clicks:- 1. select the command then 2. Type. Not so with PDFelement, which requires 5-6 steps . 1. select command 2. click location on page 3. Double-click to enter typewriter text box 4. delete the words "New Text" which appear in the field automatically 5. then start typing what you want to type, but only for 21 characters until there is an automatic line feed. 6. if filling multiple fields on the same line, you must re-size the box before you continue typing.
I create meeting dockets of up to 200 pages, spaced over 15-20 files consisting of single-page and multiple-paged documents. As each document with a file has its own page numbering system, and these documents come from multiple sources, original page numbers are placed in different locations on the page, using different formats, or sometimes not used at all. Without a consistent page numbering system, it is difficult for the chairperson to direct attention to particular pages during the discussion. However, adding a docket page number to the pages of each individual file (prior to merging them), that directly corresponds to that files listing on the meeting agenda, allows all board members to use a common page numbering system when referring to documents during the discussion.
Read Allen Schellenberg's full review
Lesley Maple profile photo
June 19, 2018

Review: "PDFelement goes a long way to helping me have a paperless office."

I use PDFelement to help keep paperwork for my business in the virtual realm instead of having reams of papers in files. As a pet sitting business we need to have service agreements, pet information forms, and similar documents for each customer. That's a lot of paper that I don't want to have laying around.
  • I especially like being able to create fillable PDF forms to collect my client's information. It's a way to have even the least computer savvy client be able to create a computer generated form.
  • The software also allows for appending files. I have a standard service agreement but I can easily add a client specific form to the file. It makes for easy customization.
  • The ability to convert a file FROM a PDF to a Word document (or in my case into an editable WordPerfect document) is super helpful.
  • I think that the form making functionality could be a little easier to use. It's difficult to get the lines of the form lined up properly with the rest of the document.
  • It's not evident how to change the location where documents are saved.
I have a very narrow usage of PDFelement in that I use it to convert already created paper documents into digital formats. For that, I think it's very well-suited. I'm less familiar with other aspects of the software and my only experience with some of the features is just simply toying around with them.
Read Lesley Maple's full review
roland goulet profile photo
October 08, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Affordable convenient easy"

I use PDFelement at home and at work. I use PDFelement at home to edit personal documents and create forms. On the business front, I use PDFelement to edit and create first article reports, and combine documents to reduce the space for emailing these files. I also organize the documents as well as highlight areas of importance.
  • It has a great electronic signature
  • Highlighting is easy and convenient
  • It sometimes rearranges the documents when you save them
  • Highlighting is tedious because you cannot stay in the highlighting mode
  • Cropping isn’t easy.
It is affordable and does a great job working with documents
Read roland goulet's full review
Dave Robinson profile photo
September 28, 2018

Review: "PDFelement Excellent overall PDF application"

Though I find it a little slow loading a document, its flexibility and usefulness far out weight the delay.
  • OCR conversion is excellent
  • Text for search I find particularly useful
  • Document loading/import could be looked into. I have a very fast machine and PDFelement resides on the SSD. Data is drawn from a 2T HD
Very appropriate for detailed reads, form creation and OCR conversions and other PDF manipulations/modifications.
Less suited for quick reads where Acrobat Reader is quicker to use.
Read Dave Robinson's full review
Stuart McLellan profile photo
September 28, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Work easy with PDF"

PDFelement is of major use in my research for my studies, within my business it is fast reliable and very user friendly. I create fillable forms and surveys in the program and convert most of my publications to PDF now. A really great program
  • Converting documents is really easy and reliable
  • The OCR function is very useful for me, as I need to create event plans and in the early stages of planning there is a lot of hand written information on them
  • The combine files is very useful as I can compare and update very quickly
  • From my perspective PDFelement does everything I want and is easy to use
PDFelement is most useful to me for its fast ability to convert and create documents
Read Stuart McLellan's full review
Madson Pinto profile photo
September 28, 2018

PDFelement Review: "It's worth it!"

PDFelement is a great tool to visualize and manage my docs. It provides an excellent PDF editor. It has an easy one-click function to convert PDF files to main Microsoft Office extensions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). The OCR function is reliable on my conversions. It has great price/benefits on the market. I'm enjoying it.
  • Reliable OCR convertions
  • One click PDF to Microsoft Office extensions
  • Excellent User Interface
  • Clear and simple tools to create PDF forms
  • Typewrite function with better functionality
  • Distribution of class activities to students converting PowerPoint presentations to PDF.
  • Elaboration of registration forms for data collection and diagnosis in companies.
  • Creation of specific form fields, establishing fulfillment criteria. Content review to share between partners and contributors.
  • Combine files from different PDF sources into a single file.
  • Creates a printer that converts any document into PDF.
  • It allows digital signature of the document, facilitating the workflow of the company and relationship with its partners.

Read Madson Pinto's full review
Anthony Zurica profile photo
September 27, 2018

Review: "If you re not using PDFelement you're doing your business a disservice."

PDFelement is essential to my business in that I get a lot of scanned PDF documents and also PDF documents that are fillable. I have never been able to use these documents the correct way until I found PDFelement
  • I am able to edit documents seamlessly.
  • I am able to scan documents with ease.
  • The interface is so easy to use.
  • Better explanations on how to create fillable documents.
  • Adjusting text size.
  • Better ways to share with friends.
I use it for working with all PDF documents. I can't see where it is less appropriate.
Read Anthony Zurica's full review
Charles Grix profile photo
July 06, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Best Value for Working with Word or Adobe Documents."

I use PDFelement to edit current PDF documents and to convert Word documents to PDF and PDF to Images. It saves me time and the expense of getting PDF Pro.
  • It does a great job of scanning and doing OCR Recognition.
  • Able to convert word documents to PDF and vice-versa and to Excel and images.
  • Ability to create fillable forms.
  • Sometimes the conversion to Word results in loss of settings but I have found this in Adobe as well.
  • I have had occasions when the program froze when trying to open documents. Recent updates have improved this.
  • A little slower to open files compared to when I was just using Adobe.
For the price and features, PDFelement provides a great value compared to Adobe.
Read Charles Grix's full review
Philippe Lesage profile photo
July 02, 2018

Review: "Thank you PDFelement for the time saved"

I mainly use PDFelement to convert text to other formats and the job is done quite well, I just have to make some review and corrections, for example, to get rid of the repetitive bottom of pages. The other very nice feature that I appreciate that I sometimes need is the Wondershare Remover to unlock password protected PDF.
  • Text conversion to other formats, like recreating a table in Excel format.
  • Get rid of password protected PDF
  • Adding personal notes on PDF
  • During conversion in a multi page document, PDF Elements does not recognize the bottom pages all times
  • During conversion, since most of the text I am using is in French, PDFelement does not recognize spécial characters right, like the accents.
Conversion and removing passwords
Read Philippe Lesage's full review
TONY EDEL profile photo
June 29, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Easy to use product and delivers on promises"

I use it for document preparation. PDFelement can combine various large PDF documents together into one. You can
sort the document in any particular order you want. This takes only seconds, and the ease of use is among the best I
have tried across other software programs.
  • Document combining
  • Organization of docs
  • Speed of software operation
  • Online help videos appear to be for older versions of PDFelement
If you have documents hundreds of pages long each, and need to combine with other large docs this is the software for you.
Read TONY EDEL's full review
Dario BLUA profile photo
June 28, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Very important tool"

My organization uses Pdf Element to review pdf files or in particular ocr mode from scanned documents.
  • Modify pdf documents
  • Modify scanned documents
  • Write pdf documents
  • Amministrative area
  • IT department
  • PMI department
Review older documents without new implementation.
Read Dario BLUA's full review
September 27, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Excellent product. Especially for the price. User-friendly format and layout. Excellent functionality."

I handle legal for a private investment company, that invest in non-performing mortgages. We have a lot of foreclosure, bankruptcy and loss mitigation; and therefore have to draft and create a lot of documents. I've used a few Acrobat alternatives in my career. This is by the far the best for the money, and maybe the best all around; next to maybe Nuance, which is WAY more expensive. It does everything you could need it to, from; watermarks to OCR (even on a copy of a copy of a copy of a 1980s fax). You can add text boxes, convert to OCR and find and replace words in documents, about anything you can think of and all for a super cheap price.

I highly recommend it to anyone, on any level. It's SUPER easy to use and has a format and look, similar to Microsoft Word...which you can also convert PDF into Word and Excel.

Great tool to have if you are drafting documents or just need to edit one.
  • OCR on a document that is a copy, of a copy, of a copy of a 1980s fax copy...
  • Convert to Word or Excel and it's fully editable. It's literally, a PDF playground.
  • The ability to find and replace words in a document.
  • Ability to scan a document, turn it into Word, edit and convert back and it is SO CLEAN.
  • Easily combine PDFs; you can have two PDFS open, open the page panel on the left, grab one page and drag it to the other PDF, and put in the exact spot you want it in.
  • Delete and extract pages
  • You can even add images and text boxes to an already existing PDF.
  • Bates stamping, watermarks, add headers and footers
  • I honestly can't think of anything off the top of my head.
  • When you convert a document to PDF from Word, and forget to save the Word copy and have to edit the document.
  • Bates stamping.
  • Editing/adding text, watermarks, notes, typewriter function, converting to PDF, converting from PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint or any of the other 7 options!
September 27, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Awesome value and works well on Mac"

I often serve as a consultant on technological teaching modalities that are utilized in the education of healthcare professionals. I also work as an educator. I have used PDFelement to digitize traditional paper forms numerous times. I have found that the transition to digital documents has greatly improved my workflow; as well as, the workflow of my colleagues.
  • It does a great job of turning paper forms into digital documents via the advanced OCR technology.
  • The price point of PDFelement is extremely competitive considering that it is feature rich.
  • The available support from documentation and videos make PDFelement a tool that is quick to implement.
  • I think that the user interface could be improved on Mac OS.
PDFelement is great for turning paper forms into fillable electronic documents. It is also good for creating custom forms. The export feature is pretty amazing and I have found it to be very valuable. Anyone who needs to extract data from forms will find PDFelement well suited for the job.
September 27, 2018

Review: "PDFelement - An Essential Office Productivity Tool"

I'm using PDFelement as the default application to open, read and manage PDF files and forms as well as to combine various file types in one PDF file. The feature of optimizing existing PDF files that are of a certain size is particularly useful for reducing a file's size prior to sending it by email. I am currently the only person using PDF Element in the organizations I am currently engaged in and I opted to buy a copy of PDF Element as it does not require monthly renewals that would be both an extra cost and a nuisance to pay for on a periodical basis.
  • The ability to combine different file types into one coherent PDF file with ease.
  • The ability to reduce the file size of a PDF file with the 'Optimize' file option. This makes it easier to send out files by email.
  • The version I am currently using does not require the user to pay for a periodical renewal.
  • Needs improvement with the secure signature facility for digital signing of documents.
  • There are times when the writing/editing features did not feel stable/robust enough.
Well suited for collating multiple file and file-types in one PDF file.
June 19, 2018

User Review: "PDFelement fills the bill"

I am just a small business, developing database applications for use on PCs. My chief application is for herding trial secretaries and I deal with herding trial premiums and entry forms. I previously used Adobe Acrobat Professional but had issues with Adobe support so elected to discover an alternate product to use. I use PDFelement primarily for creating fillable forms and editing pdfs.
  • I have found PDFelement able to provide all the features that I used in Adobe Acrobat Professional at a much lower price.
  • Merging multiple pdfs into a single pdf
  • creating fillable forms
  • So far, the biggest problem I have discovered is related to printing a pdf file. I have a need to print pdf contents on multi-part carbonless paper (3 part) and I did not see an option to specify "collate" when printing 3 copies of multiple pages.
Fillable form creation.
September 28, 2018

PDFelement Review: "The perfect tool to change easily pdf documents with a good quality"

I needed to change a poster of an event that was in PDF format and add some images and change the text.
  • It's easy to add images
  • It's easy to add text
  • I would like the fonts improved (number and type of fonts)
I think it works well for the use I can make of it, but I'm not a graphics professional. Maybe, if I was, I would use other programs, I suppose.

I bought PDFelement to be able to refresh a poster of an event for a lawyer (that it's always the same, and only the text and sponsors' logos change) by myself.
June 29, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Good but still needs to improve"

We mainly used it to efficiently watermark our presentations. We previously had problems with Adobe Acrobat Pro and switched to PDFelement.
  • Ease of use
  • Good interface
  • Fast
  • Watermark didn't work with the Apple preview app
  • Expensive
  • Can be more customizable
As MacBook users, we had problems with watermarking our presentations. When we review them with the Apple preview app watermarks appear blurry. We contacted the support team and got a refund.
Mike Costello profile photo
May 30, 2018

PDFelement Review: "Best OCR & Converting Software for PDF to Excel"

I specifically purchased PDFelements to convert pdf files to Excel. I use another program as my PDF editor.

PDFelements works flawlessly for converting PDFs to an excel spreadsheet. Saves me hours of work manually inputting data.
  • Converts PDF files to Excel flawlessly
  • OCR very accurate
  • Easy to use to combine several PDF files
  • Have more editing tools such a creating geometric shapes, lines, circles, etc.
  • Have better markup tools for architectural plans in PDF format.
  • Best for OCR & converting to other formats.
  • Not so good in plan markup abilities.
Read Mike Costello's full review
Amani Ali profile photo
May 23, 2018

Review: "PDFelement all the benefit of Adobe Acrobat without the subscription"

PDFelement in being used in lieu of Adobe Acrobat to view and edit PDFs. Generally I use it to organize pages within a PDF (cut out pages, make them their own PDF) or for editing text when all I have is a PDF version of a document. We have a small staff (4) and as the admin, I'm typically the only one using these features.
  • Easy to reorganize pages- can crop or flip pages, change the order, delete pages. These options come in handy after scanning a large document. You can take what you need.
  • Editing PDFs generated online (not scanned PDFs) is very simple and you can choose to separate text by line or by paragraph to make selection easier.
  • Editing scanned PDFs is essentially a feature that you have to upgrade to use.
  • Good for building PDFs with images and stamps and background colors & shortening long PDFs
  • A good alternative to Adobe Acrobat
Read Amani Ali's full review
Alan Feldman profile photo
May 23, 2018

Review: "PDFelement is my choice for PDF editing"

We use PDFelement to combine, edit, sign, and pull pages from PDF files for my photo restoration business as well as using it for my distributing files to my rotary club members.

I also teach photography on cruise ships and describe the use of it for imaging.
  • Price is so much better than professional Adobe PDF editing products.
  • Well laid out and is intuitive
  • Can't think of any improvements necessary
Well suited to combining separate files into one larger PDF.
Sometimes cumbersome in filling out forms with boxes for text.
Read Alan Feldman's full review

About PDFelement

PDFelement is a PDF solution for SMBs that allows knowledge workers to create, secure, collaborate, edit, organize, sign, and fill their documents. PDFelement offers versions for Windows and Mac, aims to be a low cost alternative to leading brands for editing and form data extraction technology.