Pure Storage FlashArray Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

Ben Moore | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 22, 2020

PureStorage - Why look at anything else?

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Competitors were quick to bad mouth PureStorage and spread mis-information regarding their technology. After doing our own review of the products and technology used, we were able to call out the competitor. This only strengthened our desire to go with the PureStorage solution. Just be sure to validate all claims through independent research and sources.
Read Ben Moore's full review
Muhammad Mulla | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pure-ly fast storage!

Pure Storage Buying Decision

The pre-sales service was great and we have a great relationship with the vendor. The instructions for the array can fit on a business card, and this is one of the great tools that the pre-sales guys use to genuinely show how easy the flash storage array is to setup and use.
Read Muhammad Mulla's full review
Toby Wenzel | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 19, 2020

The little array that could

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Cost would be the one factor that almost kept me from purchasing the Flash Arrays. They are almost prohibitively expensive. I ran a proof od concept (POC) of the Flash Array side-by-side with another vendor's flash storage array. The Pure was easier and a slight bit faster. I also have counterparts that were already using Pure.
Read Toby Wenzel's full review
Mark McCully | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pure Storage FlashArray helps keep the DBA's away

Pure Storage Buying Decision

The price-point of Pure Storage FlashArray is pretty steep. That alone is tough to overcome when trying to justify the purchase. We were able to do a POC of Pure StorageFlashArray and bake it off against a competitor and it proved to be much faster and easier to use than the product that we baked it off against. I would recommend doing a POC in your environment and put some of your large databases on Pure to test it out.
Read Mark McCully's full review
Tony Shoemaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 26, 2020

Pure Storage: A Simplified Effective Flash Array

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Our main concern was the financial health and age of the company. We consulted with a well-known research firm, spoke with several referrals, and did other means of research. And as we did, I would highly recommend a POC.
Read Tony Shoemaker's full review
Francois Greeff | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 25, 2020

Very happy end user!

Pure Storage Buying Decision

The price is an issue, especially in South Africa with the currency exchange rates. Businesses tend to consider carefully. And being part of a large global company, they tend to dictate standards (and Pure Storage was not it). It had to take a lot of convincing to finally buy it. But support by local company (Data Sciences) made the difference - if not for them and their track record, it would not have happened.
Read Francois Greeff's full review
Mike McFarland | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 22, 2020

Pure Storage is purely awesome!

Pure Storage Buying Decision

It seemed more expensive but overall with the no cost upgrades the long term investment makes it less expensive than it seems up front. Most storage lasts 3-5 years, sometimes longer, so it definitely makes sense to consider the long view on the costs and replacement values. This assumes that local storage is the best fit.
Read Mike McFarland's full review
Wes Dunaway | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pure Storage FlashArray makes me happy

Pure Storage Buying Decision

I had used PureArray at a past job, and the support I received there along with the performance of the array already had me sold when I set up my own data center. My initial purchase decision of PureArray was based on endorsements of trusted colleagues, and I eventually became one of those that espoused PureStorage and PureArray.
I would invite potential buyers to get a customer list and ask around. Perform due diligence and get honest feedback from as many users as you can.
Read Wes Dunaway's full review
Chris Saenz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pure Storage is the most effective storage I've ever used

Pure Storage Buying Decision

The price was high, which almost kept it out of our reach. Our reps were able to get us into programs that made sense short-term and long-term. Our first install of Pure Storage was an immediate success. So while it took a little faith to get that first array in the door, we have been extremely content with our initial and subsequent purchases since. I would tell other prospective customers to ask if there are any entry programs or proof of concept demos available; I always want to see a thing work in my environment before purchase.
Read Chris Saenz's full review
Will Fife | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 19, 2020

One of the only vendors whose claims of hidden magical knowledge have stood the test of time!

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Our most trusted VAR recommended it to us when we were looking for a solution for network block storage. We tried it out and it honestly blew us away with its performance and capabilities. Having it in production for years now, it has continued to impress us.
Read Will Fife's full review
Omar Khalid | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 19, 2020

Pure Storage FlashArray replaced outdated NetApp and the benefits were outstanding

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Initially, the price was outside of the budget until we worked with the sales team to come below our budget. I would recommend that users ensure their servers and network are equipped to handle the new array and use a minimum of 10Gbps redundant switching on the SAN (Storage) network side.
Read Omar Khalid's full review
Ivan Sytchev | TrustRadius Reviewer

Ultra Fast Array with Simple UI

Pure Storage Buying Decision

We really liked what Pure Storage brought to the table right from the start, but like all great things, this array is not cheap. We did a feature comparison with other storage vendors and ultimately decided that the features of Pure greatly outweigh the cost premium.

I would encourage prospective customers to give this array a try. You'll fall in love with how great Pure really is. The sales team is VERY pleasant to work with and will try to accommodate any customer concerns.
Read Ivan Sytchev's full review
Christopher Mills | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 19, 2020

Why Pure Storage FlashArray Should Be Your #1 Choice!

Pure Storage Buying Decision

I have been preaching to my executive team for the last three years that we need to move to a new Pure FA and use it to cover all of our storage needs. No more tier 1 and 2 storage arrays. Just put everything on the Pure FA and we will be better off.
Read Christopher Mills's full review
Max Tevs | TrustRadius Reviewer

"Flashy" Next Level Deduplication and Performance with the FlashArray

Pure Storage Buying Decision

I did not make the purchasing decision. I did not work in this department when the first fleet of arrays were implemented, and the purchasing decisions are made at higher management level departments. However, if anything would prevent a potential customer, it would likely be the initial cost of the array. However, the next level compression/dedupe, fantastic support, and stable array speaks for itself and is enough to convince anyone looking to add a flash array to their environment.
Read Max Tevs's full review
Jon McDowell | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 23, 2020

VDI Game Changer

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Upfront cost almost kept us from buying in the beginning. Based on the recommendation from our vendor HA(High Availability) gave us the confidence to give it a try.
Read Jon McDowell's full review
Jeeva Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 19, 2020

Pure - The leader of the future.

Pure Storage Buying Decision

It's been almost 3 years that we have been using Pure Storage FlashArray, and I would recommend any customer to give it a try. You will definitely be impressed with its performance, the seamless features, and how easy it is to operate. There hasn't been any issue observed in these 3 years and all the upgrades have happened without any outages.
Read Jeeva Kumar's full review
May 28, 2020

Pure Storage Flash Array, the Only Storage you will Need!

Pure Storage Buying Decision

One of the deal-breakers with any big purchase is always cost. Companies want the best product usually without having to sacrifice other things in the budget. In our situation, the cost was a determining factor but as we created a TCO for the long run over five years, we factored in forklift upgrades without current storage vendor and the headaches that would introduce into our environment and we decided to move forward with Pure and that was the best decision for our department. My advice to all customers would be, in the long run, you will be saving money with Pure's evergreen program, and with Pure, you will get peace of mind and sleep again at night.

5 years with Pure Storage FlashArray

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Initially, there was internal resistance to purchasing from a relatively small, relatively new storage vendor over purchasing from our traditional storage vendors that had much more established track records. This included concerns about Pure's long-term viability, whether they would be snapped up by another vendor, etc. However, after performing head-to-head tests of arrays, the advantages and cost differential helped to justify this switch.
May 22, 2020

A flash array that improves performance and overall ROI for many many years.

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Price. The initial investment is significant and almost turned us away. The Forever Flash programs are the difference-maker. If you stay in the Forever Flash program you will save time and money by not having to replace your SAN or upgrade every few years.
July 01, 2020

Why we chose Pure Storage FlashArray over Dell and HP solutions

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Price - any flash-based solution is not cheap. After reading white papers about internal design and comparing it with other leading storage solutions we were convinced that Pure Storage has the most technologically advanced and future-proof solution.
June 25, 2020

The Superior Solution

Pure Storage Buying Decision

Cost and company stability (at least that concerned the people above me). Everyone I know that has one raves about it and suggests that their friends move to it. Those referrals are what made me comfortable with the solution. My suggestion is to get a demo unit in and try to break it or find something you don't like about it and find out how you don't have to babysit it.
May 27, 2020

A Pure pleasure to use!

Pure Storage Buying Decision

the perceived cost almost kept us from purchasing the array. The array is somewhat "expensive" when you are comparing to many other arrays, however, when you consider our total cost included 5 years of support, the ability to upgrade and very high performing system the costs have been well worth it. - This array has be bullet proof with very little effort to manage.

Flash Array Performance (145)
9.4
Flash Array Integration (136)
9.2
Data Compression (144)
Non-Intrusive Upgrades (139)
9.5
Simplicity (145)
9.4
Power Savings (123)

About Pure Storage FlashArray

Pure Storage in Mountain View, California offers all-flash array data storage promising affordability, high availability, and consistent performance.

Pure Storage FlashArray Integrations