Pure Storage FlashArray

Pure Storage FlashArray Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Victor Padro | TrustRadius Reviewer
Well, you could say it was the price. When we first brought the quote to our client they thought we were quoting an all spindle array for an exorbitant price, but when we let them knew that it was all flash and the dedupe and compression numbers began to show their path they definitely changed their minds and we have to do a few technical meetings to really show the numbers on a hands on lab. Shout out to our Pure reseller in Mexico for that!
Before moving from an old spindle array, we have done the POC with several vendors and Pure Storage FlashArray came upfront offering the product for performing POC without any additional hassle and the Pure Storage FlashArray engineer who assisted us was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all our queries and was in close touch following up the status even after close to 6 to 12 months. The support provided was way above and beyond the expectation. I know the array is very expensive but if the customer can afford the $$$, then I would definitely recommend giving a try.
I bought my first Pure Storage array when they were only shipping hardware for a year. It was easily the best IT purchase I've made throughout my career. Since that time, I've purchased 5 arrays across 4 companies. If I needed to look at an array, Pure Storage would be my first choice.
Ben Bullock | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Pure Storage FlashArray] was costly up-front, no doubt about it, but with the compress and dedupe, it comes in closer to disk.
Back 6 years ago there were more flash vendors and we picked Pure, it was a good choice as some of those other vendors are no longer around.
Mark McCully | TrustRadius Reviewer
The price-point of Pure Storage FlashArray is pretty steep. That alone is tough to overcome when trying to justify the purchase. We were able to do a POC of Pure StorageFlashArray and bake it off against a competitor and it proved to be much faster and easier to use than the product that we baked it off against. I would recommend doing a POC in your environment and put some of your large databases on Pure to test it out.
Price was the main thing that caused us to look at other products. We spent a lot of time talking to existing customers and getting very detailed demos of how to use Pure Storage. We also were looking for reliability and a more consistent cost model. We were tired of the "forklift" upgrade from SAN to SAN every 3-5 years. We have already upgraded our unit from a m20 to an x50 and it was seamless during a full production day. The 3 things that won out were reliability, ease of use / upgrades, and consistent pricing model. To be honest we had no idea how much more productive we would become. The overall system was faster but the ability to snap our entire environment in seconds and present it to developers and testers over and over changed our entire process and ability to work at a much faster pace. We also were not expecting to be so "hands off" the storage array. Pure Storage just works freeing up resources to other parts of the network.
March 23, 2021

Pure-ly fast storage!

Muhammad Mulla | TrustRadius Reviewer
The pre-sales service was great and we have a great relationship with the vendor. The instructions for the array can fit on a business card, and this is one of the great tools that the pre-sales guys use to genuinely show how easy the flash storage array is to setup and use.
Cost was still a critical element in the acquisition. Proof of concept has clearly demonstrated the advantages of using a flash array. It is a solution that should always be at least evaluated for high availability corporate environments.
We really liked what Pure Storage brought to the table right from the start, but like all great things, this array is not cheap. We did a feature comparison with other storage vendors and ultimately decided that the features of Pure greatly outweigh the cost premium.

I would encourage prospective customers to give this array a try. You'll fall in love with how great Pure really is. The sales team is VERY pleasant to work with and will try to accommodate any customer concerns.
Chris Saenz | TrustRadius Reviewer
The price was high, which almost kept it out of our reach. Our reps were able to get us into programs that made sense short-term and long-term. Our first install of Pure Storage was an immediate success. So while it took a little faith to get that first array in the door, we have been extremely content with our initial and subsequent purchases since. I would tell other prospective customers to ask if there are any entry programs or proof of concept demos available; I always want to see a thing work in my environment before purchase.
Christopher Mills | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been preaching to my executive team for the last three years that we need to move to a new Pure FA and use it to cover all of our storage needs. No more tier 1 and 2 storage arrays. Just put everything on the Pure FA and we will be better off.
Initially, there was internal resistance to purchasing from a relatively small, relatively new storage vendor over purchasing from our traditional storage vendors that had much more established track records. This included concerns about Pure's long-term viability, whether they would be snapped up by another vendor, etc. However, after performing head-to-head tests of arrays, the advantages and cost differential helped to justify this switch.
Price- There is quite a bit of sticker shock when you price Pure Storage. There is no question in my mind that we made the right decision, and it integrates well with our Rubrik backup system. I will always wish it would have cost a bit less but there is no question regarding how well it has worked for us.
Nothing prevented us from buying Pure Storage FlashArray, as it excels over the competition. We perform a POC and the quality exceeds our expectations. My serious advice, that with a Pure Storage FlashArray, you can discard several storage solutions from other brands since its growth is immediate and nothing is disruptive.
We decided to try out the Flash Array for a specific VDI project that needs fast read disk. Once we had it in place, other workloads quickly shifted over because of the IO performance and Dedup. I would advise testing each type of workload before going all in.
A few years ago I would have said there were too many start-up storage companies to know which ones would survive. Today, It is clear that pure is a survivor and will be able to support its products and grow its business. Also, the products are far less expensive but perform just as well as many of the blue-chip company. Pure's Evergreen model has been proven to.

Pure Storage FlashArray Scorecard Summary

Enterprise Flash Array Storage (6)
Flash Array Performance (156)
9.7
Flash Array Integration (146)
9.7
Data Compression (155)
Non-Intrusive Upgrades (150)
Simplicity (156)
9.5
Power Savings (133)

What is Pure Storage FlashArray?

Pure Storage FlashArray is available in tow models: FlashArray//C is an all-QLC flash array thatdelivers the NVMe performance, hyper-consolidation, and simplified management. FlashArray//X is all-flash, 100% software-driven, and 100% NVMe storage optimized for corporate and enterprise environments.

Pure Storage FlashArray Integrations