Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray
Our Pure Storage FlashArray is currently being used as our main storage backend for VMWare. The virtual machines hosted on these systems support the entire company.
- Mobile app. Allows quick view of the health of all of your arrays from your mobile device. You can also open a ticket from the app.
- Unbelievable IOPS with the flash storage.
- Extremely easy to install and configure. I installed it into the rack before the Pure engineer got onsite.
- It could be less expensive. Pure storage is not cheap. But, outside of price I cannot thing of a thing it is lacking.
- Our marketing and system reporting has greatly improved since we have installed our database VMs onto the Pure array.
The ease of use was the best part. Even the more modern versions of Dell EMC still had the "old school" way of dealing with things. I did not need a Pure engineering team to come out and install the array like I would have needed with EMC.
Well suited for virtualization, Microsoft SQL, Oracle databases, and hosting. If you have a storage need like "cold storage" it would be a waste to spend the money on IOPS that you do not need.
Pure Storage FlashArray Feature Ratings
Upgrading Pure Storage FlashArray
Yes - We have now been through several upgrades to our Pure Storage Flash Array. The upgrades were very smooth. So smooth I almost couldn't believe they were done. There was zero downtime or performance impacts during the upgrade. The process was handled 100% by remote technicians. They kept us up to date through the process.
- No downtime to the array
- Improved features such as ransomware protected snapshots
- Fixed a Cisco driver bug before it became an issue
- Zero downtime
- Pure seems to add more features with each release