Spokal Reviews

Edward Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

A perfect tool for growth in social networks.

Our social networks have undergone a very positive change since using Spokal. We can see the interaction of our followers with our publications. Questions about our products that have gradually increased, producing quality content, and making it visible, this tool has improved the activity of all our accounts to schedule publications without having to be aware of our networks constantly.
  • The interface is very elegant.
  • Manage positively and analyze all movements.
  • Problems to shorten links.
  • It does not allow you to upload several photos simultaneously on social networks.
Spokal is very good, especially in the management and activation of my social networks, which allows the optimization of the time invested in them. We are delighted with the result obtained since we implemented this software. We can say that each account in our different social networks and the networks have had an increase in interactions with all our followers. Monitoring is now more limited to know in what guidelines our marketing strategies improve, and it stands out more in the training of workers in the field of community administrator; it is highly recommended.
Read Edward Smith's full review
Dennis Zimmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2016

Spokal - Swiss army knife for Wordpress blogging and SEO optimization

We use Spokal to manage our daily communication with customers and prospects using WordPress to blog, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The beauty of Spokal is that all needed functions are combined so we could replace four other products (SEO Wordpress optimization, SEO plugin to write optimized posts, social tracking, and social content management). Reducing cost is always an important thing to do, but in the case of Spokal we were able to reduce the amount of time spent to write blog posts and to manage our SEO activities by at least 30-40%. Spokal makes it amazingly easy to compose optimized content and distribute it using a scheduler combined with social connectors (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter).
  • Simple content creation in a SEO optimized way.
  • Distributing content within your social network.
  • Analysing the results of your daily work and your progress positioning in search engines and social signals.
  • I personally would love to see more direct integrations into CRM and more powerful Marketing Automation tools, but the current Zapier integration is a general approach and works in most cases very well.
If you don't use WordPress, Spokal is not really a good fit. If you're using WordPress I haven't come across a better solution so far. Spokal is offering some mail automation but it's not replacing a full blown marketing automation solution like HubSpot or Pardot. On the other hand it's not possible to replace Spokal with any marketing automation tool I'm aware of.
Read Dennis Zimmer's full review
Laurie McCallion Russell | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 21, 2016

Spokal is a great tool for a company new to content marketing

At our company, we use Spokal to create content that leverages keywords to give us more exposure in our market. As a growing company, we do our marketing in-house and Spokal's simple interface is how we can work smart with limited technical experience.
  • Very clear interface that easily guides you through the necessary steps to post content.
  • Great customer service!
  • Keyword recommendations that are helpful in creating content.
  • We have not been disappointed in any aspect of our use of Spokal at this point.
Spokal is ideal for a growing company with limited resources or limited technical expertise.
Read Laurie McCallion Russell's full review
Rik Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 16, 2015

Spokal - actually making Marketing Automation fun

I am currently evaluating software to accelerate our content marketing strategy. For us Marketing automation software must meet these criteria: Ease of use, short learning curve and pay as you grow fees.
  • Content calendar - the ability to visually see blog posts in draft and scheduled to publish over the coming weeks and months was a key benefit. Tracking this in spreadsheets is too hard. we can even post blogs as topic idea, pre draft, draft and final and schedule in advance so we can visualise the messages we want to communicate. Creation of tweets and Linkedin posts is done for you automatically. Simply drag the blog post to the time slot, day, week or month. This is a lot quicker than Hootsuite
  • Additional tweets can be composed and also dragged to the calendar, plus the feedly link allows curation of tweet content. This just scales up our creation and curation process.
  • Easy simple overview dashboard - showing key website stats, new visitors, new twitter followers. New blog posts. Social enagement per blog post, linkedin shares etc. simple lead scoring based on pages visited etc. Simple realtime SEO analysis on the blog post builder
  • twitter builder. very simple autopilot of increasing your twitter following using key words (it easy has a simple key word tool) to find relevant people to 'like' and hence follow
  • Dynamic, responsive team. I have asked a few questions about futures and always received a prompt helpful reply. Chris and his team are clearly commited to developing a great product.
  • Once linked to your wordpress site I really like the fact I can log into a dashboard on the web and on my ipad and manage my content delivery and monitor visititors and interaction. I use and know hubspot and the biggest issue for me is the learning curve. Anyone can learn and use Spokal. It provides and integrates a number of tools I currently use today at a far lower cost. It does need to integrate into a third party email provider but frankly the integration is simple. A lot of effort has gone into the design for non techies
  • Currently the number of tweets available to select from the feedly connection is set at 10. I understand this in the dev path. This needs a scrollable area to select more. Would be great to view feedly within the dashboard rather then as a separate tab in my browser.
  • Would be good to drag the curated content from feedly directly into a blog and not just as a tweet. Then provide value add commentary and curation.
  • zapier integration
Small business and Not for profit or any business with small marketing teams will greatly benefit. great for non techies and those new to online marketing. The fact is most businesses are still not creating an online sales funnel. Spokal will give you that. Sure it does lack in some complex automations but frankly most uses of enterprise Marketing Automation don't use the full features. However, I am sure the product will only get better so watch this space
Read Rik Williams's full review
Matt Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2015

I'm so glad I found Spokal

The minute I discovered Spokal I knew it was something special and has become an integral part of my business. First I implemented it as a trial for my own marketing and having seen that it works I'm currently in the process of rolling it out across all clients. I run a small business and Spokal has significantly streamlined my operation making time savings and freeing me up to concentrate on business development. Furthermore, it's aiding that process by generating enquiries.
  • Comprehensive set up process with prompts along the way letting me know what I need to do next
  • Excellent SEO guide for blog posts so I know all important areas are covered
  • The twitter builder feature has delivered tons of new followers relevant to my business and target audience
  • Stress free content creation with the confidence that my content will be shared across the major social networks
  • Built in data capture tool
  • Built in image sourcing
  • Automatic publishing
  • The calendar feature allows me to schedule sharing across social media and edit each update on the fly
  • Analytics data showing how my content is performing and growth patterns as a result
  • The ability to download or export the data as a report
  • Integration with other blog platforms other than Wordpress
For current Wordpress users Spokal is outstanding and highly recommended. For clients who don't already have a Wordpress blog it's a bit tricky as I need to first sell the benefits of using Wordpress in order to get them on board, but in all honestly I would recommend Wordpress anyway, it just slows the process down having to design and install Wordpress before we can get started.
Read Matt Wilson's full review
Chris Purser | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2015

Get Spokal Now.

We use Spokal in many ways, to suit our own marketing needs AND for other companies we oversee, to manage or teach to manage content distribution without 1) dilution of the content value and 2) complete consumption of the managing team's time and resources to get that job done.
  • Provides an intuitive and logical interface, the likes of which are hard to find
  • Has created a streamlined path from creation or curation to publication and distribution that is both easy to implement and easy to track.
  • Has made it incredibly easy and pain free to get support, discuss requests for possible upgrades, and more.
  • There really isn't anything I'd improve on right now. It's solid and simple, exactly as it should be.
It is Wordpress specific, so if you want to get the full package, a wordpress (standalone - self hosted) site is what is needed.
Read Chris Purser's full review
Michael Dutcher | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 26, 2014

The platform for small business owners!

We use is for our whole company. It helps grow our Twitter followers, blog posting & visitors to our blog.
  • Builds Twitter following with real users.
  • Keeps our blog marketing fresh
  • Reminds us to blog more
  • Not really, it works better than we expected.
It is an important tool for most small business owners because they tend to do very little to keep their Twitter following growing.
Read Michael Dutcher's full review
Alan Horsager | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2014

Spokal for inbound marketing

We're currently in the early stages of building an audience and community. We are using Spokal to track our engagement with our audience. It allows us to monitor site activity, build Twitter followers, and (in the future) monitor the activity of our visitors so that we can maximize our engagement with them. We looked at Hubspot but it's far too expensive at this stage in our company. Spokal provides most of what we need for our growth hacking needs.
  • Building Twitter followers
  • Determining which keywords to target for your blog posts
  • Tracking users
  • Allowing the import of audience/customers from Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign (they are working on this as we speak)
  • The unique visitors number is different in Spokal from Google Analytics. Not sure why this is.
  • The blog editor is better in Wordpress, so I end up creating my posts directly on my Wordpress site rather than through Spokal. I'll try this again but I had an easier time creating the post in my Wordpress site.
I don't know Hubspot but this is sort of a poor man's Hubspot. It provides a lot of bang for your buck. For startups that are trying to get some traction in terms of inbound marketing early on, I would highly recommend Spokal as a very powerful and cost-effective tool.
Read Alan Horsager's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (2)
Dynamic content (2)
10.0
Ability to test dynamic content (2)
Landing pages (1)
A/B testing (2)
Mobile optimization (1)
Email deliverability reporting (1)
List management (1)
Triggered drip sequences (1)
Lead nurturing (2)
10.0
Lead scoring and grading (1)
Data quality management (2)
10.0
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Calendaring (2)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
Social sharing and campaigns (3)
Social profile integration (3)
Dashboards (3)
Standard reports (2)
Custom reports (1)
API (1)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (1)
Integration with Salesforce.com (1)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (1)
Integration with SugarCRM (1)

About Spokal

Spokal is an inbound marketing platform for small businesses and freelancers. It offers a drag & drop content editor and social media sharing calendar, as well as real-time SEO analysis, keyword research, rank tracking, lead scoring, and lead nurturing.

Spokal Competitors

Starter$49per month (1 user)
Essentials$99per month (3 users)
Team$169per month (5 users)

Spokal Technical Details