Spokal Reviews

Dennis Zimmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2016

Spokal - Swiss army knife for Wordpress blogging and SEO optimization

Pros and Cons

• Simple content creation in a SEO optimized way.
  • Distributing content within your social network.
  • Analysing the results of your daily work and your progress positioning in search engines and social signals.
  • I personally would love to see more direct integrations into CRM and more powerful Marketing Automation tools, but the current Zapier integration is a general approach and works in most cases very well.
Read Dennis Zimmer's full review
Laurie McCallion Russell | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 21, 2016

Spokal is a great tool for a company new to content marketing

Pros and Cons

• Very clear interface that easily guides you through the necessary steps to post content.
  • Great customer service!
  • Keyword recommendations that are helpful in creating content.
  • We have not been disappointed in any aspect of our use of Spokal at this point.
Read Laurie McCallion Russell's full review
Rik Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 16, 2015

Spokal - actually making Marketing Automation fun

Pros and Cons

• Content calendar - the ability to visually see blog posts in draft and scheduled to publish over the coming weeks and months was a key benefit. Tracking this in spreadsheets is too hard. we can even post blogs as topic idea, pre draft, draft and final and schedule in advance so we can visualise the messages we want to communicate. Creation of tweets and Linkedin posts is done for you automatically. Simply drag the blog post to the time slot, day, week or month. This is a lot quicker than Hootsuite
  • Additional tweets can be composed and also dragged to the calendar, plus the feedly link allows curation of tweet content. This just scales up our creation and curation process.
  • Easy simple overview dashboard - showing key website stats, new visitors, new twitter followers. New blog posts. Social enagement per blog post, linkedin shares etc. simple lead scoring based on pages visited etc. Simple realtime SEO analysis on the blog post builder
  • twitter builder. very simple autopilot of increasing your twitter following using key words (it easy has a simple key word tool) to find relevant people to 'like' and hence follow
  • Dynamic, responsive team. I have asked a few questions about futures and always received a prompt helpful reply. Chris and his team are clearly commited to developing a great product.
  • Once linked to your wordpress site I really like the fact I can log into a dashboard on the web and on my ipad and manage my content delivery and monitor visititors and interaction. I use and know hubspot and the biggest issue for me is the learning curve. Anyone can learn and use Spokal. It provides and integrates a number of tools I currently use today at a far lower cost. It does need to integrate into a third party email provider but frankly the integration is simple. A lot of effort has gone into the design for non techies
  • Currently the number of tweets available to select from the feedly connection is set at 10. I understand this in the dev path. This needs a scrollable area to select more. Would be great to view feedly within the dashboard rather then as a separate tab in my browser.
  • Would be good to drag the curated content from feedly directly into a blog and not just as a tweet. Then provide value add commentary and curation.
  • zapier integration
Read Rik Williams's full review
Matt Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2015

I'm so glad I found Spokal

Pros and Cons

• Comprehensive set up process with prompts along the way letting me know what I need to do next
  • Excellent SEO guide for blog posts so I know all important areas are covered
  • The twitter builder feature has delivered tons of new followers relevant to my business and target audience
  • Stress free content creation with the confidence that my content will be shared across the major social networks
  • Built in data capture tool
  • Built in image sourcing
  • Automatic publishing
  • The calendar feature allows me to schedule sharing across social media and edit each update on the fly
  • Analytics data showing how my content is performing and growth patterns as a result
  • The ability to download or export the data as a report
  • Integration with other blog platforms other than Wordpress
Read Matt Wilson's full review
Chris Purser | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2015

Get Spokal Now.

Pros and Cons

• Provides an intuitive and logical interface, the likes of which are hard to find
  • Has created a streamlined path from creation or curation to publication and distribution that is both easy to implement and easy to track.
  • Has made it incredibly easy and pain free to get support, discuss requests for possible upgrades, and more.
  • There really isn't anything I'd improve on right now. It's solid and simple, exactly as it should be.
Read Chris Purser's full review
Alan Horsager | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2014

Spokal for inbound marketing

• Building Twitter followers
  • Determining which keywords to target for your blog posts
  • Tracking users
  • Allowing the import of audience/customers from Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign (they are working on this as we speak)
  • The unique visitors number is different in Spokal from Google Analytics. Not sure why this is.
  • The blog editor is better in Wordpress, so I end up creating my posts directly on my Wordpress site rather than through Spokal. I'll try this again but I had an easier time creating the post in my Wordpress site.
Read Alan Horsager's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (2)
Dynamic content (2)
10.0
Ability to test dynamic content (2)
Landing pages (1)
A/B testing (2)
Mobile optimization (1)
Email deliverability reporting (1)
List management (1)
Triggered drip sequences (1)
Lead nurturing (2)
10.0
Lead scoring and grading (1)
Data quality management (2)
10.0
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Calendaring (2)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
Social sharing and campaigns (3)
Social profile integration (3)
Dashboards (3)
Standard reports (2)
Custom reports (1)
API (1)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (1)
Integration with Salesforce.com (1)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (1)
Integration with SugarCRM (1)

About Spokal

Spokal is an inbound marketing platform for small businesses and freelancers. It offers a drag & drop content editor and social media sharing calendar, as well as real-time SEO analysis, keyword research, rank tracking, lead scoring, and lead nurturing.

Spokal Competitors

Spokal Pricing

Starter$49per month (1 user)
Essentials$99per month (3 users)
Team$169per month (5 users)

Spokal Technical Details