Keap Reviews

Brian Del Terzo Credilife® | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Keap across the whole organization to manage campaigns, workflows, and customer interactions. It also integrates with our VOIP service provider connecting call recordings to our customer database, and syncs with our ESP, connecting email correspondence to each individual contact as well.
  • A wide array of integrations.
  • Customer management.
  • Campaign management.
  • Tracking opportunities.
  • Tracking sales stages.
  • The layout of the CRM - users with basic customer account access should have a cleaner easier to follow view vs administrators with robust access.
  • I would recommend tying more explainer tasks to campaign options to create better clarity over the purpose of each option to help new administrators - maybe a toggle of guided or not guided campaign creation.
Keap is well suited for any size company and can suit a wide variety of purposes, from basic customer management to email campaigns, to landing pages, to a variety of integrations to address even the most creative of scenarios. I can't think of any scenario that Keap is not well suited to address.
The training available through Keap is powerful. There are so many features available through Keap it would be impossible to take full advantage of them without the 'hands on' training available.
I've never experienced an issue with support.
It is very user friendly up to a point, but as you want to dig deeper into the vast abilities and use cases, training and practice are required.
Read Brian Del Terzo Credilife®'s full review
Bailey Witt, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a marketing agency, we use it alongside our clients for customer relationship management and marketing automation. We are the primary users as their marketing department. It is also used by the sales and business development teams.

It addresses problems with customer data collection and management, email blasts, website forms, lead tracking, sales pipeline management, automated marketing campaigns, and landing pages.
  • The strongest part of Keap/Infusionsoft is the CRM side for contacts and companies. The contact view is very robust, with everything from basic data points to form submissions, campaigns past and present, purchases, tags, web site profile, opportunities, and tons of customization is available with custom fields. Every business needs custom fields for segmentation, lead management, and reporting. It is very robust here.
  • The email builder is very simple and quick to use. The drag and drop functionality with built-in templates makes it a breeze to set up any kind of email from a beautiful marketing blast to a simple automated sales follow-up. Tagging from email clicks is also great for triggering other actions or notifications to reps for follow up. Emails are mobile responsive, too, without any extra coding or fiddling.
  • This has my favorite campaign builder. Simply pick a goal that triggers actions and then build our sequences with very robust if/then conditional logic. You can build campaigns as simple as an opt-in form with notification or follow-up or a 30-touch account-based marketing campaign all on the same canvas which is so swift and easy to edit.
  • The form builder is quite lacking. For small businesses that don't want to have to code, but still have brand-lookingweb forms, you have to do it with HTML. The JavaScript forms are very ugly with limited customization. You can't even remove the field labels, so there's a label outside AND inside the fields.
  • Lead source tracking is spotty. While a lot of softwares can't do it very well, it's the same here. The Javascript tracking code doesn't seem to pick up website activity very well and doesn't always capture a lead source, which is critical for assessing traffic channels and campaigns. It often requires third party plugins.
  • The eCommerce area is good for many businesses, but it's too limited for some of our clients with offline businesses, such as a pool manufacturer. Its difficult to create an eCommerce experience that reflects the real options that they need to offer.
It is well suited for companies where alignment between sales and marketing is crucial. The campaigns are excellent for triggering sales activities from marketing fatal, such as a lead score, tag, email activity, or opt-in. The sales pipeline takes it from a lead to opportunity to closed deal.

It is less appropriate for very small businesses that want to save some money or have a completely online business with funnels, landing pages, a membership site, and want to be able to set all that up quickly and easily.
The most common resources I have used with Keap are the help center, chat with support, and the Facebook user group. The help center is most helpful if you have a question that is frequently asked, but not too complex. It helps with basic understanding of the platform's features and functionality. The next step up, if the problem to solve is a little more advanced, I go to the live chat with customer support. This is the quickest and easiest way to talk to an Infusionsoft representative, but they aren't great at solving complex problems. When these arise, they escalate it to more advanced product engineers. The most valuable resource I have found though for marketing purposes, is the Facebook user group. If you ever are trying to solve a complex problem, there is almost always someone there who has had the same problem and found a solution or is able to offer a suggestion. There are also plenty of Keap certified partners who use the platform every day for many different clients, so they have round-about ways of doing things with integrations and partner applications that you might not think of. The user community is very helpful.
Read Bailey Witt, MBA's full review
December 03, 2020
Stacey Stearns | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use InfusionSoft/Keap for email marketing - we send out newsletters and program information with it. We have used the campaign feature and some event registration through it too.
  • Analytics for emails.
  • Campaign feature has a lot of customizations.
  • Email templates make it easy to build something.
  • It's not always an intuitive software. You have to figure out where things are in it.
  • We can't share the emails as an HTML and link to them on websites. This is one of the major detractors of the software for us.
  • Not a TouchNet ready partner so our university won't let us accept payment through InfusionSoft.
It's working well for us as an email marketing tool. We've streamlined our communications and keep all our various programs branding consistent. The analytics help us know what is working and what isn't for content. We have used the campaign feature some too, but not to it's full extent. Managing contacts is fairly easy using InfusionSoft.
My customer service rep has changed multiple times, and I feel like I'm always talking to someone else. The community is helpful, but you can't guarantee an answer, and sometimes there are multiple solutions so you need to do some trial and error to figure out what works for you. I think the hardest thing has been the turnover/lack of a consistent account representative who knows our account and doesn't need to be caught up every time I call. They did offer some free sessions with specialists though, and those were really helpful.
You do need to spend some time on-boarding and implementing the software in order to have full functionality. We were lucky - we had colleagues at the university with experience with Keap and then hired an intern familiar with the software to get us set up and ready to use it. We've had some functionality issues with it along the way and that has frustrated myself and the other uses in our department.
Read Stacey Stearns's full review
December 02, 2020
Kate Murray, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this software primarily for email marketing automation, but there are also other integrations connected such as SamCart for the purpose of tracking sales and returns of the products our client sells. The software is used across the organization but it is a small business with 4 people using it currently. The software solves the problem of automating email sequences as well as delivery of digital products.
  • Integrated Statistics/Analytics Dashboard
  • Visual Dashboard
  • Permissions for Other Users
  • Clunky visual automations
  • Not as intuitive to use as other automation software
  • Steep learning curve due to lack of being intuitive
At one point in time, maybe 5 years ago, Infusionsoft offered one of the only marketing automation systems that was comprehensive enough to handle hundreds of thousands of emails. Many internet marketers flocked to this system because it was really the only one on the market. Now things are different. Other software has expanded to provide more intuitive design and better usability. Ultimately it's about the user and those entrepreneurs and companies who can afford this software typically have an assistant as the primary user. Nobody has time to pay an assistant for a week worth of work to learn a software system, especially when other software systems are so much more intuitive an accomplish the exact same thing. For this reason, I do not typically recommend this software any longer.
When you first sign up for the software, they hold your hand....but only for about 2 hours. Once your support is up you are on your own. It's not easy to figure out and there isn't much documentation, video tutorials, and help for how to use it because they want you to pay them for more one-to-one time with their consultants. I dislike this business model in this day and age, it doesn't lend itself to good internet etiquette. I can't decide what is worse...the kind of support where you have to pay for everything or the kind of support that has too many overseas customer service reps where you have a language barrier to overcome when you have one simple question that folks can't seem to understand.
I go back to the idea that it's not a tool for solo-entrepreneurs, it's a tool for larger companies or at lease those with enough annual revenue that they can pay a marketing team member to handle the email automations. This software is old and clunky, it has not kept up with it's competitors in terms of usability and visual intuitive design, so it has a steep learning curve and takes a while to learn how to use. You have to be able to pay someone for their time to learn it well. Other software is much more streamlined in terms of ease of use, ability to just intuitively know how to set up an email campaign and add the applicable triggers and tags.
Read Kate Murray, MBA's full review
Josh Preece | TrustRadius Reviewer
InfusionSoft is being used to track our contacts and potential customers. We enter their information into our system and then begin the trickle marketing. It helps to track all marketing pieces that a prospect receives and how we can proceed from there. We also track all conversations and notes of communication in the process while working with the prospect.
  • Trickle marketing, where we can send emails out to our prospects and through their actions, they can be added into other campaigns which we can follow up with them.
  • Tracks our notes and communication with each prospect.
  • It tracks the charges that are associated with the prospect or client profile. So we can see how much they have paid for a specific program they are associated with.
  • Subscriptions for ongoing monthly payments.
  • Moving our clients who have bought a program from us into a searchable field and program that would help us find these individuals easier.
  • We use Infusionsoft for the prospecting side of the business and then once the sale is completed they are pushed over to Salesforce. Salesforce allows us to have more campaign and marketing follow through. If there was a way to make it simpler to use only one of these software it would be easier as well as less expensive.
  • Sending an email from Infusionsoft is nice, but I have to add my signature every time. It would be nice if it was able to be saved in the system as an option to add.
I have really enjoyed using infusionsoft to trickle market our lists. It has a very good system that can then create an auto tag feature and email campaign tracking. It is complicated to understand at first, but is beneficial.
I am involved in the Facebook user group for Keap (formerly Infusion Soft). I have found many of the posts to be informative and help me through what some times feels as a user error but ends up being more complicated. Hearing other conversations about Keap software has helped me gather more information on what I can do, or many times should be doing. The community has a lot of in depth conversations about the value that Keap brings to a company, and many times I am finding that my solutions exist, I just need to reach out to those with the knowledge to help me navigate through it. It has been very beneficial to know there is a community of support out there to help we walk through the path and help me along the way.
The support at Keap is great. Most of the time they know what I am looking for and they are able to solve my problems. Once in a while I will get a rep that doesn't understand my question or can't answer it and they have to get back to me. Which, to be honest usually takes longer that the answer solves. By the time they do get back to me, I have either moved on, created a work around or completely forgot about the question. However I can tell you that the positive outweighs the negative. Some software companies never get back to you or their chat support cannot answer any questions. So I would give their support at least a 9 out of 10.
It is great but complicated to learn. There are a lot of things you have to figure out on your own in order to use the software like it was intended.
Read Josh Preece's full review
Nicholas Kouvatsos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Keap (Infusionsoft) across our entire business. It's used to manage our customers, their orders, notes on the customers, automate marketing campaigns to the customers, including e-mail, text message, direct mail, telemarketing, webinars, live event confirmation, manage their subscription programs and more. We also process all of our online and offline orders using our website integrated with Infusionsoft's API.
  • Marketing automation. I have not found another software or service that can compare in the complete automation of a marketing campaign. There is nothing I can't do by either utilizing Infusionsoft's built in marketing, or using the API connections to integrate with 3rd parties.
  • Infusionsoft's API gives access to nearly every table in Infusionsoft's database that I would ever need to edit, giving me the ability to integrate with nearly any other system.
  • E-mail. Although they have an excellent, easy-to-use e-mail builder, inbox deliverability is suspect. Although my messages always arrive, they often arrive in the spam folder if I'm mailing to a large number of people on my list at once. Automated e-mails that are part of a campaign generally make it to the inbox, because they're being sent to only a handful of people who have reached that step of the campaign on that day. But we are forced to use a 3rd party e-mail provider, whose sole service is to send e-mail, to send our large e-mail blasts. Luckily, Infusionsoft's campaign builder makes it easy to integrate with any 3rd party service provider, so we're still able to automate large blasts.
  • Size. Infusionsoft is built for small businesses. They're not shy about admitting they focus on small business, sometimes ignoring the needs of medium to large businesses. I find that we may be starting to outgrow Infusionsoft in some areas, which scares me, because I don't think I'll be able to find a comparable solution to meet our needs.
  • API Throttling. This goes back to Infusionsoft focusing on small businesses. Infusionsoft has throttling on their API limiting any one business to a bank of 10,000 API calls, which recovers at a rate of 2 API calls per second. This forces developers to program efficiently to minimize API calls, which sometimes requires inefficient coding to pull out as much data as one can in one call instead of making several smaller calls for significantly less data. For example, I may need a list of Contacts and their addresses that purchased a certain product yesterday. *Normally*, I would make a call to the table that stores items ordered and gather the Order Id's that match the product on that date. This may return say 10 orders. That's one API call. Then, I'd go to the order table and make a call for each Order ID to get the Contact Id's. That's 10 more API calls. Then I'd go to the Contacts table and make a call for each Contact ID to get the name and address. That's another 10 API calls, for a total of 21 calls giving me just the minimal data I need. In Infusionsoft world, we need to think differently. *Instead*, I'd make the same initial call to the order items table. Then I'd make a single call to the order table to pull all of the orders that came in on that date, which may be 500+ orders. So only one additional call to the API instead of 10, but I'm receiving much more data than I need. Then I compare that data on my end to the data I already pulled to get my 10 order IDs. I do a single call to the Contact table for all the contacts that were created yesterday, which may be 800+, and maybe 6 of my 10 contact ID's will have been created on that date (because it was their first order), but then I still have to make 4 additional calls for the repeat customers that weren't created on the same date as their order date. So I've brought my API calls down from 21 calls to 6 calls, but I'm now working with 800+ contact records, 500+ order records, and 10 order item records, instead of 10 of each. Some developers have resorted to backing up all the tables they can daily, to a cached database to stay under the API limits, which cannot be increased, even if you're willing to pay more. And then, even with conservative API calling, some business needs will outgrow the limits.
Infusionsoft is well suited for any company that will actually use its features. It does a lot, and has a steep learning curve, but its abundance of features are only good if you're going to use them. Its price is very manageable for any company doing at least a few thousand dollars a month in business. It can be tough to swallow, though for smaller startups where the few hundred dollar cost could wipe out all the profit.
Occasionally, we need to reach out to Keap's support team for an issue with the software (sometimes on their end, sometimes on our end. We generally use the chat support because it's fast.

A really helpful resource is Keap's online communities. I'm part of both the Keap user community on Facebook as well as the Keap API community. The online communities help get not only Keap's staff involved, but other users involved in helping you figure out the answers to your questions. The API community is especially useful as it has many other developers who have a lot of experience working with Keap's API and can provide assistance in common and unique issues.
Keap's tier 1 support is pretty well educated on what most basic users would need to know and would likely struggle with. Getting support beyond that is more difficult, and your issue likely would not be addressed until several software releases later unless it was a major breaking issues for many accounts. If you have a question Tier 1 can't help you with, you're probably better off hitting the online communities for assistance.
I personally have no problem using the software, because I've used it (or versions of it) since 2007. So I know it pretty well inside and out. But I recognize a newcomer may struggle with it in the beginning. But they've made large strides in onboarding new users and getting new companies set up with walkthrough tutorials and wizards.
Read Nicholas Kouvatsos's full review
December 14, 2020
Chris Lesner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started off with Infusionsoft and now that it's Keap not a ton has changed. It's still a high quality and high volume product that allows us to track constituent and account information across the board in an easy to understand way. We use this to make everyday decisions as it relates to our current and future customers.
  • Customer management.
  • Building reports.
  • Tracking communication touchpoints.
  • Not as robust as other CRMs out there.
  • Not as popular in terms of looking up how to do things.
  • Less customization than other options.
If someone needs a basic CRM and is currently using something like Excel or their email marketing sender (Mailchimp/Constant Contact) then it's a great option to upgrade to any CRM. Keap is a great starter CRM that we and many of our clients use for general management of their customer data.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
Joshua Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have many clients that use it, so I've seen it used any number of ways.

The most valuable function it provides is the thorough segmentation (through tags) and communication (through campaigns & broadcasts) with prospects and clients. Their campaign manager function is the backbone of their app and can be built out to run countless numbers of automations, all around user behavior that you define.

One client uses it to send out emails throughout the prospect process, as an augment to support their sales team in their follow up since they get too many leads to handle in a timely manner. That added communication builds a lot of trust with prospects and supports the sales team significantly.
  • Campaign Builder: This is very robust and they were one of the first (if not the first) app that gave a visual builder with triggers and decision points to direct contacts through based on their activity.
  • Tags: This is the key to effective segmentation and filtering of contacts and Infusionsoft's tag categories and application approach is superb.
  • Email Builder: They updated this in the past couple years and it was a massive improvement over their legacy email editor. It works great and is a breeze to use.
  • Shopping Cart: It's not responsive in design and is super basic. I don't understand why they haven't updated it when selling products is such a key value of the system.
  • Landing Pages: These are horrible and you'd be better off using Unbounce for them.
  • Custom Fields: They limit you to 100 custom fields across the entire app and any decent marketer will use them up very quickly. This is a limitation of their legacy code base and I don't see them fixing this anytime soon.
  • Email Throttling: Their throttling of emails has grown to a ridiculous level. If recipients flag an email as spam, they stop the campaign. I've had numerous clients unable to send broadcasts to paying customers because of this.
It's great if your business is relatively simple and everyone using it is in-house.
It's also great if you just want to use it for the marketing automation function within your organization, letting your sales team use another CRM for their pipeline management, and fulfillment managed through another platform, too.

It can handle an e-commerce company, but you might be better off using something like Shopify and ActiveCampaign together.

The Facebook user group has been helpful to find customizations others have implemented and get ideas as well.
Read Joshua Long's full review
Ashlie Pappas | TrustRadius Reviewer
After using Infusionsoft for a business I work with, I decided it was the next logical step in my own business. The ability to efficiently and effectively automate and streamline my affiliate program, e-commerce, marketing campaigns, digital product delivery, and task system has made things much easier and effective. It allows me to make sure only the people who emails are relevant to are receiving them instead of my entire list. It's increased list retention, engagement, growth, and satisfaction.
  • Their tagging system
  • Marketing Automation
  • Options
  • The e-commerce / order forms
  • Ease and fluidity of use
It is well suited for anyone who runs a small business really. It integrates with almost everything.

It wouldn't be well suited for someone who is a hobbyist or not serious about their business.
Read Ashlie Pappas's full review
Sereena Schneider (LION) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infusionsoft is a system we use for our e-commerce email campaigns - the integration for payments and automatic billings works very well. Not everyone at the company uses it, there are only a few key players as it's complicated to learn. However, it is easy to use once you've taken the time to do the training. The details in the CRM system are fantastic; you can get very creative and in-depth with how you tag people, which allows us to create extremely targeted email lists.
  • The automation is great for email drip sequences and campaigns, and you can run it over an extended period of time, so it works well for a long promotion.
  • The email editor is pretty easy to use (unless you have a lot of design work and HTML coding, then not so much) but it's a really quick process to create and send out a simple email.
  • I do love the tagging contacts feature, very useful.
  • Data clean up is really easy (duplicates and so on).
  • There are bugs throughout the whole system, and the email design editor can be EXTREMELY hard to work with if you're someone who's looking for more than your basic drag-and-drop.
  • The fact that the emails aren't mobile responsive/friendly in this day and age is a joke.
  • The reporting could use work as well, and I wouldn't make major decisions based on the numbers I get.
  • There's no ability to split test in Infusionsoft, which is a big missing component in my opinion.
It's good for a campaign that will take a long period of time; it's easy to set it up and then not have to worry about it. Not so great for a larger-scale operation or bigger company, but it's a good tool for smaller companies that aren't doing a huge amount of email marketing.
Community user groups were extremely helpful to our team. Being able to pose situations to other users allowed us to find better and more efficient ways to use the tool. We were able to use tags more effectively, allowing us to have deep segregation in our contact lists and email sends.
N/A - I personally haven't had to use this feature.
There are some definitely flaws, especially if you'd like a more detailed and/or comprehensive email design. However, it's great for simple and long term email campaigns and the e-commerce platform was a lifesaver. It's not as very easy to learn how to use, so it makes it hard for our whole team to be able to use the tool. But the details in the CRM system are fantastic; you can get creative and in-depth with how you tag contacts.
Read Sereena Schneider (LION)'s full review
Craig Jacobson | TrustRadius Reviewer
the main advantage for us is to segment nd lead score our leads. segmenting them allows us to speak with different people differently. We all know that having a relevant conversation is better.
  • It allows you to segment prospects and deliver them different messages.
  • It allows us to communicate with first time users differently from existing clients.
  • It allows us to identify referral sources and communicate with them.
  • It allows us to communicate with "lost users" and draw them back.
  • Overall we can run more effective marketing by matching messages to people's behaviors and interests.
  • Reporting can use improvement. It's good but not great.
  • Shopping cart is good but not great.
  • Can't configure sales rep's "opportunity" funnel screens to our business
  • It doesn't do quoting or generating estimates very well...ok but not a strong point.
  • Online training
  • In-person training
  • Self-taught
Their tech support it excellent.
What is does, it does well.
overall keap is best for small simple businesses.
Read Craig Jacobson's full review
November 07, 2020
Jan Rock | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the platform for Bookings online and over the phone. Email marketing and tracking sale leads.
  • Pipeline for inbound sale.
  • Emails.
  • Sale on and off line.
  • Email marketing.
  • Offer Gateways for payment at the best price for the user.

Why is Keap forcing user to switch gateway? They make out it's for better user experience and security. The truth is they are getting a kickback from your turnover. At present my with Sage Pay I have no alternative other than to use Nexus as my gateway which will increases my yearly charges by 1% cost which is an extra £5000 pound a year. Keap get the the lion’s share of this extra cosy as a kickback from Nexus. Other gateway providers take an even larger cut of your turnover.
I've been with Infusionsoft/Keap for over 10 years and used SagePay as my gateway.

Things are tough enough with Covid 19. Keap/Infusionsoft do not offer a fair price alternative.

They just want to line their pockets and are not being transparent about their motives for doing this .

QUOTES from Keap:

Keap helps you grow your business, improve customer service & increase sales.

Not sure how to grow your business ? We are here to help . This is the go-to place to find the right resources to grow your business.

There is a lot to take and you can't find the solution if you don't understand all it can do.
Read Jan Rock's full review
December 02, 2020
Joshua Christopherson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our marketing department uses Infusionsoft by Keap primarily. We use it as an email tool for our customer engagement as well as a tool that handles our recurring billing process.
  • Billing
  • Email Funnels
  • Support team
  • Pricing Keeps Increasing
  • Merchant Connections
Infusionsoft by Keap works well for email campaign management and drip campaigns for our customers. Also, lead management and tracking for customers who sign up for the Achieve Today Learning Experience Platform. Monthly billing is handled well by Infusionsoft by Keap and has helped us to manage our growth.

On another note, Keap has made changes to its supported merchants. This has significantly increased our costs to process transactions dramatically impacting our bottom line. We have had to look for other solutions and will likely be leaving Keap as soon as we can in order to save costs. As a result of these changes, we have found competitors that will save us more than when we were happily using Keap. So in the end, it's been a good thing for our business but certainly painful.
Generally speaking, the challenges or issues we face require a customer service rep. We usually need someone who can jump on and discuss an issue. So many times, these resources haven't proven to be helpful for our team.
Read Joshua Christopherson's full review
December 01, 2020
With Infusionsoft, I'm now able to tag and track every single lead that inquires about my services from the initial touch point all the way up to becoming a paying client. It's taken the stress out of managing new leads and follow-ups and has given me the freedom to focus on my clients. Not only that, but I've also been able to create campaigns that target patients after they're done working with me in addition to easily sending out broadcast emails weekly, which allows me to easily stay in touch with all the people that I've worked with. This helps me to stay top of mind so that when something does pop-up, or a friend of theirs has a need, I'm the first person they think of. In short. Infusionsoft has been invaluable for the growth of my business and I'd highly recommend it to any small business who is serious about growing.
  • InfusionSoft will warn you about an increase in bad email addresses, allowing you enough time to clean it up before it affects your business badly.
  • Another great aspect is the help provided by agents via the Chat facility, you can chat live with an InfusionSoft assistant to help you with any problems you might have. I find it extremely helpful in times when I am unsure of what to do.
  • I also love the community. Going to ICON (the conference that infusionsoft puts on) was one of the best experiences I have had. It was amazing to see thousands of small business owners making things happen and helping each other.
  • Infusionsoft has a lot of things that are cookie cutter easy, but I think of it more like a cookie cutter maker than some software that does one or two things well and leaves businesses lacking in functionality or customization.
  • . 2) The platform is about 5 years behind the times. Powerful but the look, usability, and feel are dated.
  • Its integration is less ubiquitous than that of SalesForce, but is growing constantly.
Infusionsoft is a CRM solution designed for small businesses. It's not the tool for enterprise or medium-sized businesses needing more than 15 to 20 seats. Think of it as a MailChimp/Salesforce with an emailing workflow engine. It allows you to build email sequences that adjust the content you send based on what each contact does. That's an oversimplification, but at its core, that's what it does. It's got a huge community of add on products supporting it. You can build membership sites with it. You can enable call centers with it. The applications are numerous, but it is not a tool for everyone. There are times when its not a fit. Many business owners take it on expecting to configure it with minimal outside help. That is probably not a good idea. It's like building your office network yourself following YouTube video instructions. You may get it done, but not without a lot of time and frustration. Even worse, when you are done, you may have made mistakes an experienced person would never do that keep you from making the best use of the tool especially in the long run.
Keap has a strong online presence with a lot of support from their consultants and engineers. I've been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to join a few of their free webinars which showcase different use cases for their product. I've been able to learn a lot about the potential of the product and collaborated with other end users.
December 04, 2020
We are currently using Infusionsoft to track sales leads as they move through the sales process as well as current clients. Infusionsoft has helped us house everything in one place that we rely on every day to bring on new clients as well as support existing clients. We use it for sales and support as our main hub of information.
  • Infusionsoft is a one stop show for managing your clients from a prospective client through being able to support them along the way as they become your client.
  • Infusionsoft automates recurring monthly payments from clients.
  • Infusionsoft alows you to keep in contact with prospective and current clients through the ability to automate emails.
  • Having everything in one place is good but it is also too cumbersome. Some things such as searching for clients could be simplified.
  • Support is helpful but there needs to be more help for clients wanting to use the API functionality. Support agents are not very helpful when it comes to API setup.
  • Support is helpful but could be more knowledgeable about the system. Sometimes feels like you know more about it than support.
I would look at the software as a whole to see if it met all of my needs before making the decision to use Infusionsoft. If you need to use it with multiple tools to complete the job then it may not be for you as it is somewhat cumbersome to use and can be confusing. I rated the system a 7 because it is able to fulfill our needs and more but can use some improvements such as support and ease of use.
Scaling is cumbersome and support is lacking to assist in being able to scale.
December 01, 2020
  • Infusionsoft is highly effective for small business growth because it automates many of the processes that would have to be manually repeated with traditional software.
  • Infusionsoft will assist you in following up with your leads and customers via a string of automated emails. Email deliverability is excellent compared to other providers.
  • You can segment your database in a highly effective manner so that prospects, leads and customers only receive the information that they are looking for.
  • If you have companies that are interested in selling your products/services for a commission, Infusionsfot provides a highly organized process for accomplishing this. Your affiliates will be able to track their leads, sales, and the amount of traffic they are sending to your website.
  • They provide a simplistic method of creating a shopping cart on your site so you can begin to offer online products/services.
  • Lead management is handled efficiently via online reminders, the ability to score leads, the ability for management to monitor and track the lead through the pipeline (i.e. from when it first comes in to when the sale is consummated or there is no sale).
  • You have the ability to perform most basic accounting functions within your Infusionsoft account, and the rest can be linked to your account through one of their add-on services.
  • The email builder is an absolute disaster and no signs of improvement are on the horizon. Be prepared for numerous bugs if you use it. Although it's a pain I would recommend working with one of their partners who focus solely on email templates. The cost will be worth forgoing the pain you experience in trying to deal with the problems that arise.
If you are looking to invest in a software system that is going to do everything for you and involves no thought, setup or follow through then Infusionsoft is not the right fit for you. But if you are serious about growing your business and willing to put forth the time and effort to get the most out of Infusionsoft then I would highly recommend it as an all-in-one marketing software.
I regularly attend the free webinars which offer useful sales, marketing, management and general direction both for Keap and for running our business. I find these webinars to be highly informational and not extremely commercial which leads me to keep coming back.

The help center is also highly useful when I run into an issue with an update or new offering from Keap.
  • Online training
  • In-person training
  • Self-taught
Most of the support staff is friendly and knowledgeable about Infusionsoft. Every once in awhile you may encounter as unpleasant situation, but if you stick with it (i.e. follow up) it will be resolved.
It is easier to use (and implement) than when we first signed on four years ago; however, there is still a learning curve, particularly for those who are inexperienced with database marketing.

Don't buy into it expecting someone to hold your hand, but they will guide and support you to where you need to go.
December 01, 2020
We use Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) throughout our departments: marketing, design, and sales. We have also partnered with them so we can sell it to our clients, hoping it will be the CRM solution we all need. However, my honest feedback is that it's overly complicated and not very user friendly. Although we still use it for some of our clients, we're slowly transitioning everyone to different CRM solutions.
  • Tagging system is done well
  • Visual campaign creating is convenient and works well for people who like to visualise and see the bigger picture
  • Email editor is nice
  • Editing scheduled emails is not easy and quick
  • Form styling could be much better
  • Integrations with other tools are glitchy; we always set Zapier back up just in case
Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the tool. All other CRMs have come such a long way when it comes to being user friendly and including a plethora of features. We stopped recommending it as a tool to use, and suggest other options instead, based on the industry (e.g., e-commerce clients are seeing great success with Klaviyo, Hubspot has been phenomenal for corporate clients, ActiveCampaign is a good solution for small businesses, etc.).
Overall, I'd give Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) a five. It has a pretty large learning curve and it's not designed to be user friendly. The interface looks pretty outdated and the features could use some improvement as well.
They have a fairly large collection of tutorial videos and articles. I haven't engaged with their support, so I'm unsure of how that works, but their resources were always helpful.
December 01, 2020
We use Infusionsoft for our marketing with our patients and prospects. Some of the campaigns we run are for offers, newsletters, NPS, plan holder information, and other non-medical communication. Infusionsoft is only being used in the marketing department.
  • Infusionsoft as a company is always trying to improve the software. They do want to give the best tools to SMEs to help them grow their businesses.
  • Once you have a grasp of how the software functions you are able to do a lot with it.
  • There is a pretty clean layout and navigation is easy.
  • Sometimes there is tinkering done which takes more away than it adds. The best example is the current email builder which has been stripped to bare bones removing much of the customization previously available.
  • It seems to me that they don't actually put things into the hands of end users before rolling them out. There is so much workspace stolen by unused tool bars or in the case of the new email builder, no scrolling tool bar at all so if you are writing longer text you need to keep popping back to the top to modify text.
  • It drives me crazy that if you move forward, by clicking a contact from a list, or changing to reporting mode in CB, when you go back everything resets to the entry point rather than the point on the page you were previously. I know this is difficult to explain but imagine in CB that you are looking a big campaign, where you need to drag the page over from R to L so you can see the right-hand part of the page. Once you click reporting, you zip back to the left side. Change from today to 30 day and same thing again. It is so frustrating...just stay at the point at the page you are looking at!!!
It's great for automating things but some of the design flaws are tricky to learn.
I've been a member of the Facebook user group for many years now. The group of experts who actually use Keap on a daily basis is very helpful for solving problems. Much more useful than waiting for the help desk. There are also other private membership groups like Monkeypod Marketing which are key. These groups are there to help with problems big and small. When I was first getting started out the free webinars were also quite helpful in getting up to speed.
December 13, 2020
Our team uses this software primarily for email marketing automation. It helps other departments deliver digital products.
  • Email Builder - VERY EASY
  • Campaign Builder
  • Hard to use on mobile devices
  • Order Forms
  • Support team does not give enough support
Efficient Lead management is this companies upper hand. Great via online reminders, the ability for management to monitor scoring the important leads and track the lead through the pipeline. Keeps everyone on the same page.
December 11, 2020
We use Infusionsoft for our email marketing, as well as automating some advertising campaigns and order fulfillment processes. It is used by our administrative staff and marketing department.
  • Automation
  • Email marketing
  • Huge learning curve
  • Nothing is intuitive
It's good for taking inputs from various sources and creating automations. You don't need to be a programmer or understand APIs to do a lot of very impressive and helpful things.
The Facebook group can be helpful to keep abreast of what is happening. The help center sometimes answers questions, and when it doesn't I am always able to connect to their chat support quickly. The quality of the support I receive via chat is inconsistent, with problems sometimes resolved immediately and sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a moron.
March 04, 2020
Eriks Draiska - Real Estate Specialist | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I use Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) daily in my Plaza Real Estate business to send Automated emails, 1-off emails as well as follow up phone calls to make and task reminders.
  • It also reminds us to send greeting cards, letters, and much more.
  • This is an indispensable product.
  • When collecting buyer details at an Open House Inspection, for example, we have a Campaign where everyone is followed up by email, text, and voicemail all done automatically.
  • There are great add-on products that take care of these for us.
  • It works when we sleep not just like Santa Claus, but ALL year-round.
  • All client and contact details are kept in one place with scope for as much or as little detail as you need.
  • The Phone and Chat Support Team is reliable.
  • The automation provides huge time-savings daily as many tasks would not get done if we relied on a manual system.
  • It takes some time to learn but worth the effort.
  • Spouse name only has one field and does not allow for different surnames.
  • Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) works everywhere.
  • We add videos embedded in emails as well as links, downloadable documents, keywords or short phrases.
Read Eriks Draiska - Real Estate Specialist's full review
February 26, 2020
Leo Nellessen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sales, marketing & executive leadership, use Keap (formerly Infusionsoft). It helps keep most things automated. It helps to organize & manage prospects & Sales cycles. I also love the workflows & drip campaigns that we're able to implement. Reasonably easy to set up, & even easier to adjust/update as needed. It saves my team a significant amount of time.
  • Ties everything together nicely.
  • Keeps all prospect & client info I’m a single platform.
  • Tracks and reports not only sales but related commissions as well.
  • Target lists.
  • Activity planning & tracking
  • Lead scoring
  • Customer support could be better
  • Limitations on data size (files) that can be sent; unfortunately, a user typically does not know that they’ve exceeded the max # of characters until the document is completed.
Well suited for small & medium-size businesses, & moderate marketers.
Less suited (but still effective) for large/enterprise companies.
Less suited for organizations without at least a semi-dedicated staff member to ask as administrator/expert/trainer, &/or person responsible for setting up campaigns, triggers, etc.
Great CRM, but less effective as a marketing automation tool (IMO), although improvements continue.
Read Leo Nellessen's full review
October 02, 2019
Chandler Elmore | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infusionsoft is being used by my company as the defacto marketing automation platform. We are an integrated agency that uses it for all email campaigns. Since our campaigns are primarily time sensitive, we have a lot of Infusionsoft sequences and over a million contacts held within the platform that we push through campaigns at different times. It addresses (quite well) the need for audience segmentation and activation.
  • Audience Segmentation- Easy to do and to drop into campaigns.
  • Tagging contacts- Probably one of the easier ways of doing it compared to other marketing automation platforms.
  • Hard to learn, the platform is not intuitive.
  • There is not just one way of doing something, there are multiple ways of doing it, and some of them work in only unique applications. The platform buildout is extensive and hard to systemize.
Infusionsoft is well suited for any mid to enterprise level organization that needs a marketing automation platform that is robust enough to handle a lot without you needing to worry about if it is going to work when you need it to or how you need it to. It is not needed for smaller organizations that don't have extensive automation needs.
Read Chandler Elmore's full review
August 09, 2019
We are using Infusionsoft strictly for Marketing. Our other departments are using other technology, which makes it a little more difficult to use. It helps us to solve many problems, though, at an affordable price. With it we can create web forms, do email marketing, implement automation, set up a sales pipeline, and segment our leads into usable lists.
  • It is a pretty flexible system because of their tagging system. It allows you to group and segment your contacts very easily.
  • Their customer support is amazing! There are few companies whose customer support is as helpful as theirs has been to me. You can send support email tickets, do online chats with representatives, or you can give them a call and talk with a real person. They always do their best to help you.
  • They have many different tools that they integrate with, so you're almost guaranteed to be able to do anything you need to. If you can't find the right integration, the API is open for you to be able to use.
  • Reporting. This probably has been the biggest area of frustration. You can create some good reports based on custom-saved searches and reports, but I have often found their reports to not be very useful.
  • Their web forms are easy to use and useful but they need an updated look. They look like they belong in the early 2000s era.
  • Like almost all software, there is a learning curve to getting used to their system.
Infusionsoft excels with small business. It really tries hard to represent the small business community. If you are a small business, there is a good chance it will work well for you. If you are a part of a medium or large business, however, just think twice about it and consider other options first.
May 23, 2019
Brandon Mitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Infusionsoft was utilized along with Mailchimp for TDG's email marketing efforts during my tenure with the organization. Infusionsoft was specifically used to create automated campaigns for nurture, renewal, and newsletters.
  • Great plug-ins / tie-ins for the Platform
  • Extremely easy-to-use UX for template and automation creation
  • Great direct and 3rd party support resources available due to the popularity of the platform
  • Pricier compared to other platforms
  • Can be complex to handle as campaigns become more developed
  • Limited by the modular email template builder
Infusionsoft is suited to businesses looking to send automated drip campaign-style emails.
Read Brandon Mitchell's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (50)
Dynamic content (47)
6.7
Ability to test dynamic content (15)
5.0
Landing pages (45)
A/B testing (10)
6.5
Mobile optimization (43)
Email deliverability reporting (56)
List management (52)
9.2
Triggered drip sequences (49)
Lead nurturing (50)
Lead scoring and grading (46)
Data quality management (45)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (49)
Calendaring (17)
Event/webinar marketing (14)
Social sharing and campaigns (15)
5.8
Social profile integration (15)
5.0
Dashboards (55)
Standard reports (53)
Custom reports (50)
5.4
API (48)
Role-based workflow & approvals (41)
6.6
Customizability (51)
5.8
Integration with Salesforce.com (5)
6.0
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (6)
6.5
Integration with SugarCRM (5)
6.0

What is Keap?

Keap (formerly Infusionsoft) is a small business-focused, comprehensive sales and marketing platform, which includes basic contact management, CRM, marketing automation and e-commerce capabilities into a single, subscription-based SaaS product. Functionality included in Keap's software includes:

- Automated Campaigns with a visual campaign builder to help automate internal and/or external processes.
- Email Marketing to design professional-looking emails and personalized auto-responders.
- Landing Pages & Web Forms for publishing and creating content to attract and capture online leads.
- Analytics & Reporting to track and help refine marketing activities.
- Social Lead Generation (available through recently acquired GroSocial) for posting and capturing leads on Facebook &Twitter.

Keap also offers contact management apps for mobile devices. In April 2012, they opened a marketplace that includes more than 70 apps compatible with its software suites that incorporate tools such as SMB text messaging.

Keap is based in Chandler, Arizona, and was founded in 2001.

Keap Screenshots

Keap Video

Though Milkhouse Candles has grown into a successful local business, they faced problems following up with leads and left thousands of dollars on the table. Infusionsoft helped them communicate with leads to grow their business and craft an effective customer relationship management system.

Keap Downloadables

• Entry-level set up fee?Required
Keap Grow$64per month
Keap Pro$120per month
Infusionsoft by Keap$160per month

Pricing starts at $64. Visit our website to start a demo and learn more about our pricing and promotions at https://keap.com/pricing.

Keap Support Options