Adobe Analytics Review
Updated September 11, 2019

Adobe Analytics Review

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Analytics

Adobe Analytics is used by almost everyone on my team on a daily basis. We work with many clients who use AA as their primary reporting source, and we both consult with them on best practices on how to use the tool, as well as execute our own analysis within the tool.
  • Integrates extremely well with Adobe Target.
  • Clean interface with excellent usability, without sacrificing features (although this mainly applies to the Discover platform in my opinion, which is being sunset pretty soon).
  • Easily the most robust reporting tool I have used personally.
  • In my opinion, the largest con will be stopping support and functionality for Discover (aka Ad Hoc Analysis).
  • Ad Hoc is DRASTICALLY better than what we will be forced into moved towards (Workspace) in just about every aspect. It's cleaner, clearer, smoother, etc. Workspace will be the new norm shortly, but it's extremely clunky and can be much slower due to its webpage interface (as opposed to Discover's app interface).
  • The technical support from Adobe is less than stellar; while the tools themselves are near the top of the list, in our experience, Adobe's help and support is easily dead last. They are rarely punctual, knowledgeable, or particularly helpful, and often try to place the blame on the customer (e.g. your implementation is out of date), without providing assistance to help remedy.
  • I would say the biggest plus Adobe Analytics has had on overall business objectives is being the most robust tool out there that we have used, which allows us to gather deeper insights for our clients, driving home more ROI.
  • I would also say the biggest downside to using Adobe Analytics is how frequently the tool will have issues and/or be under maintenance. Additionally, as stated previously, Adobe's support is pretty horrendous in times such as these.
Adobe Analytics (or any natural reporting tool), will always be my vote over any testing tool's reports (like Adobe Target & Optimizely) due to a much larger universe of reporting options available to the user. Amplitude has a lot of flashy bells and whistles, and is relatively reliable (assuming correct implementation of the tool, which is difficult for Amplitude), but lacks some basic features which will hopefully be added in short time. Additionally, Google Analytics is by far the worst tool in basically every category discussed in this review, and regardless of client, I'd be hard pressed to ever advocate for using GA for much more than basic site traffic data (and even then, have seen it extremely unreliable).
I think Adobe Analytics is a no-brainer IF you utilize Adobe Target as your testing tool. While I would typically still advocate this for other testing tools, this needs to be discussed on a case-by-case basis to determine what makes the most sense for each testing tool, and each company.