Be warned and know what you are getting into
Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
- Master Record access for multiple FEINs under one parent company (the United States only).
- Great resource within the ADP Bridge for talking to other professionals for advice.
- Dedicated Account Managers (AM) are terrible - We have on many occasions been told incorrect information on how to do things or on why something "went wrong or why something within ADP broke". We question it and give reasons why it doesn't make sense, it turns out the reason we were given was incorrect after all. I have had to do my own research via the ADP Bridge and bring solutions to my AM or go around her to her supervisor to kick start a project. She has admitted that she "learns so much from us." They won't give us a new Dedicated Account Manager even though we've asked and been told we will get one. Anyone who is any good leaves.
- Always "upgrading" ADP or doing system maintenance which then breaks ADP WFN and then they deny it is down and it will be down for hours on end - especially on payroll days.
- ADP likes to nickel and dime you for any feed you would like to add coming in and out. We wanted to integrate ADP into our IT Active Directory for maximizing SOC compliance (business objective) of new hires and termination timeliness and the cost was outrageous. Just to sit down with an implementation specialist was a pain and then once we got the cost, our IT department decided they weren't interested due to the high monthly costs.
- We spend a lot of manpower time in HR/payroll fixing ADP's issues with payroll and time and attendance.
- Fidelity 401(k) Feedfile
- MS Active Directory
If you have supervisors on second shift approving time cards
you may run into trouble approving timecards as they do system updates almost
once a month on Fridays at midnight which locks supervisors out from approving
It has recently come to my attention by my Account Manager
that the ADP WFN system cannot truly handle multiple payrolls in one day under
a single master record database, so if you have to process multiple in one day
(example have multiple FEINs that process the same day) there could be
glitches. It doesn't always happen but they cannot ensure they will not happen.
Certain functionalities in the system can become corrupted and they do not have
checks and balances in place to prevent it or for you the user to know audit
for it until after it is too late. For example, we have a ride along with our time
and attendance batch that puts the timestamps on our paystubs and it can
glitch on us because we have several FEINs that process payroll on the same day
under our master record. We were never told about this until after. Be warned.
ADP Workforce Now Feature Ratings
ADP Workforce Now Support
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Support doesn't seem to care
Slow Initial Response
No, I get told illogical things like, "it is
supposed to be that way" or "we can't do anything about that".
We have a punch detail going with
our payroll to go on our time cards. If this file gets corrupted ADP just
doesn't do it and there is no way to audit to ensure the file isn't corrupted
in advance. When we first found out we reported
it and got told it could happen again because we process
multiple payrolls in the same day under our master record database (separate
FEINs) and the solution was to only process one a day and as we have to pay
these weekly that isn't an option.
Using ADP Workforce Now
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Workflow administration, especially when setting up employee self-service, is very complicated.
- The utilities process, especially reporting.