Overall Satisfaction with Bomgar
- Broad platform support – IT support staff can use a variety of devices to securely connect to remote computers and devices. This also enables IT to consolidate multiple remote support tools into one (Bomgar), reducing complexity and saving on licensing costs.
- Extensive API support that allows us to integrate our home-grown service desk ticketing system with Bomgar, tying recorded sessions with service tickets for future reference and training.
- Powerful features like collaborative support, access sponsor, transfer and escalation, enabling higher tier support personnel to hop in when necessary to resolve issues or to provision service in first contact with user.
- A variety of Jump capabilities – attended and unattended with support for dynamic session policies.
- Bomgar is a rather mature remote support platform with little room for me to complain about. As a wish list item, I would like to see better remote support for iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad.
- Keeps customer satisfaction rates high
- Increases IT support staff capabilities; enables IT support staff to do more without increasing headcount
- Lowers overall user support costs
- Increases employee (staff/faculty) efficiency as they become productive sooner with shorter incident handling time
- NetSupport Manager,LogMeIn,TeamViewer,Apple Remote Desktop
- Ad hoc software/device driver installations/updates
- New application/resource demos
- How-to support sessions
- Record how-to sessions for on-demand viewing
- Integrated our home-grown service desk ticketing system with Bomgar, tying recorded sessions with service tickets for future reference and training
Evaluating Bomgar and Competitors
Intelligence collaborative support with access sponsor streamlines our
support processes which involve multiple tiers of support personnel. Bomgar’s
dynamic session policies enable us to effectively, securely support both
unattended and attended computing devices.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
Phase 1: Implement the system with AD integration for identity management.
Phase 2: Configure session policies to support attended machines.
Phase 3; Configure session policies to support unattended machines
Phase 4: Leverage Bomgar API to integrate with our home-grown service desk ticketing system.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Collaborative support enables higher tier support personnel to hop in when needed to resolve issues or to provision service in first contact with user.
- Access sponsor to elevate session permission on-demand when needed
- Transfer and escalation to another support personnel when needed