Overall Satisfaction with Branch
We utilize Branch.io for all our cross-platform universal deep linking, getting users from web to app (web-to-app feature), showing relevant content for shared links (deepview app previews), journey banners, email provider (SendGrid), data exports via webhook to CRM, and attribution for all paid media links. Branch.io is used across our entire organization. Our sales team sends referral links to influencers and customers. Our product development team uses Branch links for deep linking to content inside the app, and our marketing team uses the links on all marketing channels from paid media to push, email, and organic media. At the core Branch.io addresses universal linking problems and mobile app attribution problems - being able to tell which actions were taken from each links, no matter the device the user uses.
- Branch.io's technical support is second to none. I've been amazed at the timeliness of their responses, along with the technical ability of their support, and easily breaking down their answers into layman's terms for my somewhat technical self. They reply within 24 hours and have always been able to help me solve my problem within one reply.
- Their attribution analytics are better than Appsflyer. Having been a previous Appsflyer user, we had found multiple data errors in fraud detection and improver attribution. This has not been the case with Branch, they have been accurately reporting all our channels and links, even with our users that use both web and app.
- Extremely affordable/flexible pricing, we don't have a ton of MAU, but our clients are HNWI, that make a higher dollar amount purchases. To-date we haven't paid any money for Branch's services, but as we gain more users it'll be a no-brainer to pay for the low cost it will be to us.
- To my understanding Branch uses a last touch attribution method. Being able to change this setting or view the data between different attribution models would be extremely useful (first click, linear, time decay, etc).
- Not like it's a con, but it would be great for Branch to keep running totals on attrition rate and daily active users. Also maybe look into more integrations with data export partners - Appsee, Smartlook, etc.
- To-date Branch has been free for us because we don't have a high number of MAU, but our users make large $5k+ purchases during checkout. Branch has been able to save a lot of developer resources and headaches with their product and support.
- We have been able to bridge the gap and determine major KPIs for our business with Branch analytics (CPL, CPI, etc) and been able to determine ROI by linking Branch to our CRM, Copper via webhook.
- Branch also helps us determine the value of referrals, influencers, and partnerships with their referral links - being able to tell which links brought us revenue.
- AppsFlyer and Firebase
We used to use AppsFlyer but unfortunately, we found errors in their mobile app attribution reporting. Firebase on the other hand, is a basic tool that has a lot of features, but the features are not extremely robust - especially the attribution or funnel reporting. As a result we decided to give Branch and have been extremely pleased since.
Branch well suited: Branch links are perfecting for embedding into our email service provider (SendGrid), paid media channels (Facebook, Google, ASA), organic media (Instagram, Facebook, content marketing, referral) and push notification platform (OneSignal) to be able to evaluate actions taken from users that clicked on those branch links. No matter the data from these links, they are accurate and are easily exported to our database and CRM to determine ROI, and find weak points in our major funnels.