Copper

Copper deserves the Gold Medal.

November 09, 2021

• Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (19)
  • Custom fields (19)
  • Customer data management / contact management (19)
    5.8
  • Task management (19)
    4.7

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Copper, and make your voice heard!

Basic

Professional

Business

per month per user

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.copper.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $25 per month per user

Integrations with 3rd-party Software

2.0

Platform

What is Copper?

Copper is a CRM for businesses that need to manage more leads & grow customer relationships — but don't have time for data entry, repetitive admin tasks, or complicated tools.

Copper integrates with Google Workspace, so it logs emails and other interactions to the right contact automatically. Users can also see sales and relationship essentials from email threads to past interactions, files, and tasks. Copper also reminds the user to reach out to contacts and follow up on deals.

Join 30,000+ businesses in over 110 countries (speaking 7 languages!) in building more valuable, longer-lasting relationships with this Google-recommended CRM.

Highlights:

Google integration: Copper works with Gmail, Calendar and Drive so users don't have to switch tabs to add leads, track emails conversations, add files and manage tasks.

Copper Chrome extension: Simplifies contact management by adding new contacts directly from Gmail and Google Calendar.

File retrieval: Files and Google docs sync to Copper contact records automatically to help quickly surface customer files across company and deal records, and attach suggested files in Gmail.

Copper Features

Sales Force Automation Features

• Supported: Customer data management / contact management
  • Supported: Workflow management
  • Supported: Opportunity management
  • Supported: Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
  • Supported: Interaction tracking

• Supported: Marketing automation

Platform Features

• Supported: Mobile access

Copper Video

You live in Google Workspace. So should your CRM.

Copper Integrations

Copper Competitors

Copper Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

Copper is a customer relationship management (CRM) built as an integration into Google Apps.

Copper starts at $25.

HubSpot CRM and Pipedrive are common alternatives for Copper.

Reviewers rate Single sign-on capability highest, with a score of 8.9.

The most common users of Copper are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

We use Copper to do several things. For one, organizing our thousands of contacts at hundreds of schools throughout our territory, with them being able to be linked to each other (and to the salesperson) through organizations is extremely helpful. Secondly, we can manage our entire workflow from the opportunity to project, easily link our files related to the project through Google Drive, and everyone stays up to date with any changes or updates at all times. Thirdly, it provides an easy way to export business data, opportunities won/lost, and good metrics for the sales team.
  • Allows for contacts to be synced and organized directly from Gmail.
  • Gives a flexible style and customizable settings to match our company's specific needs.
  • Does a great job of helping us keep track of projects. We easily created a customized "Status" field with several status options that help us update the many phases of our project.
  • I would always love to see added customizability to the different features of the site.
  • The ability to rearrange the main components of a feature.
  • The ability to combine duplicate contacts.
Copper has helped me extensively keep track of not only my own but my company's workflow. With so many projects and quotes to track, it has become essential to keep me on task and not miss any of our goals. It has been a perfect fit with our specific workflow, but I don't think it has the customizability just yet to be a perfect fit for every company out there.
They were quick to answer any of my questions with chat and phone support and I have never had an issue getting help.
I selected Copper based on its integration with other sales automation tools like Reply.io. Seemed like a great fit based on the native Google integration. A good product, but turned out was not a fit for what we were looking for. I canceled the service back on 11/19/21 - and I was charged again in December. I have emailed customer service 4 times asking why the additional charge and asking for a refund. I did get an email that it would be escalated but nothing after that. There are other reviews with similar experiences. Too bad as it is a nice CRM - but if this is the way they treat customers who try to leave, it's pretty slimy....... Since they won't respond to my 4 emails, I have to do chargeback in order to get my money back
  • Google Integration
  • Clean interface - easy to use
  • Native Marketing Tools - very helpful
  • Horrible Customer Service
  • Cancelation is deceptive -cant just cancel -they dont let you go
Good starter / mid-sized CRM. I moved to this from Zoho. - the Gmail integration is a nice touch, but most CRMs have that today
Horrible - see my comments on no replies. Just poor business to ignore people
I used Copper mainly to organize my inbound leads (that were generated from my website). More like a sales tool than a marketing tool.
  • Sync with Gmail.
  • Integrations.
  • Automations.
  • Email Marketing.
  • Reading Confirmation.
  • Support.
Inexisting Support (that answers partially to all our email), extremely poor integrations (budget at least $200 zapier sync every month), limited features (have to buy at least 3 other tools to make it work properly). RUUUN !!!
Inexisting .... 2 minutes to partially answer an email, impossible to have a demo .... Too bad because a good Saas is all about support
We use Copper across multiple departments within my company. The Business Development team uses it for prospecting, the Sales team uses the Opportunities Pipelines to track our sales process with prospects, The individuals responsible for hiring new employees use the Opportunity Pipeline to track the interview and onboarding process, and the Executive team uses an export of some Copper data to track performance metrics within the company. Copper's integration with the Google G-suite is one of the main reasons we chose this CRM over others and we utilize those integrations daily. Our Marketing team even uses Copper to feed contact information to Mailchimp via Zapier. It's proving to be an extremely versatile tool for all of our business processes.
  • I think the Opportunities Pipeline is probably the best feature of the CRM. The versatility of it allows for pipelines to be made for not only sales but myriad of other ways.
  • Copper's commitment to customer satisfaction is pretty spectacular. Many CRMs aren't as dedicated to this and provide their customers with simple how to articles that fall short of being an actual help.
  • Copper's ability to sync with Google is an undersold perk. If a company relies on the Google workspace, Copper is an amazing tool to work alongside with Google.
  • Copper's ability of customization has some drawbacks...While you are able to customize some things, usually those customizations don't play well with some of the other functions (Reports, Automation). In the past it was definitely more restrictive but it seems that these instances are occurring less and less (Copper is improving the platform to accommodate the addition of customizations)
  • The implementation of the Copper Community is great in concept but in execution it probably isn't the best. Many people are most likely entering the community with a specific issue that they believe to be unique to them and do not bother scouring through posts from other users. This leads to duplicate posts that don't get aggregated together, so if the Copper team is looking to work on posts with the most upvotes, there will be an artificial deflation of posts that should actually be areas of focus.
  • The Copper gmail add-on and the mass import feature can lead to the entry of mostly blank profiles within Copper. While these features are seen to be time savers on the surface, they wind up resulting in a gigantic problem for keeping a clean and effective database of people/companies.
  • Due to Copper constantly being improved, this leads to articles and features being outdated/defunct.
Honestly, I think Copper is a great CRM for any startup. They're small enough to where they are very accommodating to their clients but large enough to have a ton of integrations with other business tools that a company may use. The toughest thing with Copper is when your business model may not revolve around a set Value derived from each customer. If your company doesn't view a sale/client as set dollar amount, a lot of the features, KPIs, etc. become essentially useless.
Copper's use of articles, Live support, and office hours is fantastic. The only downsides to some of these features is that on occasion, the articles are a bit outdated and the individuals holding office hours don't have the best bedside manner.
We use Copper to track sales opportunities, as well as our clients' and prospects' information. Then we use that to follow up and drive business. All documentation related to quotes, waste profiles, manifests, and invoices are also saved within each of our clients' accounts. This tool has not only helped keep us organized, but it has also contributed to the efficient growth of our business for the past two years.
  • Client business name, contact information, and sales opportunities
  • Reminders to contact the client for service or sales follow up.
  • Tracks all business growth.
  • Saves files and documents that are important to future services.
  • I wish it were easier to create a dashboard to view sales and growth.
  • There are some features I would like to change but can't seem to figure out, so I just deal with not being able to, nothing major though.
  • I would like to see it offer more free links to other services such as Quick Books.
It is very easy to use to enter client information and opportunities, as well as follow-up tasks. I use the program every day to set myself up with a client follow-up list on a specific day each week when I either call a client, follow up on an opportunity, or simply schedule a service for them.
There have been a few times when I contacted the "help desk" or "support team" and they just told me to watch a video or join a seminar to learn what I am looking to do. I would have expected someone to take a few minutes and literally walk me through the steps one by one until either I figured it out or accomplished the goal of my request.
September 10, 2021

Copper is user friendly

I am a small company and the only person using Copper. I use it to maintain my client's information and to keep my calendar for calls and emails. Copper helps my company with making sure I do not miss any important calls, emails, or meetings. When I increase the size of my company, everyone will use Copper.
  • Reminds me of anything on the calendar
  • Easy to upload company information
  • Notifies me of other contacts for a company that I currently do not have
  • Currently, Copper has everything that I need. I only needed a few aspects with my CRM. Copper has all of them.
Copper is well suited for companies that really need to keep an up to date calendar, keep all of their clients and contacts in one space, and to make sure you do not miss any important calls, meetings, or any type of client interaction. So far, I do not have a scenario where Copper hasn't worked for me.
I haven't used their support so I cannot answer this question.
September 10, 2021

StandardC and Copper

Robert Mann | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the CRM tool for all lead management for new customers' sales, investment, and process flow.
  • Complete data on personnel
  • Integrate with G Suite
  • Allow significant workflow and automation without using consulting
  • Reporting flexibility
  • Data on time in stages in not available
  • Pricing for early stage startups
Sales management
Customer lifecycle management
Contact managment
Integrations with other systems
We have tried getting in touch with our sales rep, but she has not reached back.
Ben J. Varghese | TrustRadius Reviewer
Copper [(formerly ProsperWorks)] is being used by the sales team as well as the marketing team primarily to build pipelines, track prospects, and forecast opportunities. Inside sales involves a lot of high-touch transactions over phone and email. Copper not only helps capture and qualify those actions on leads quickly but also automates repetitive tasks and logs activity so that the team can effortlessly manage a high volume of leads. With email-open tracking and deal alerts, we are able to prioritize the hottest leads and generate pipeline faster.
  • G Suite Integration
  • Sales automation
  • Pipeline management
  • Mobile CRM
  • Lack of Features
  • Lack of Flexibility Outside G Suite
  • Customer Support needs to be quicker
Positives for [Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)]:
-G Suite Compatibility: An industry problem Copper CRM is focused on solving is the lack of integration with current software systems like G Suite. Copper CRM is fully compatible with G Suite, and it is the only sales automation solution endorsed by Google.
-Copper CRM is focused on the time-to-value ratio. It aims to provide the maximum value possible while limiting the time it takes for its users to input data manually. Some of its features include workflow and task automation for users who sign up for the two higher tiers.
-Simplicity: Copper CRM is designed to be simple. The software has a handy sidebar where users can search for tasks, tracked emails, opportunities, and companies. A link to contact the Support team is also included. If users have issues, they can simply reach out to this team.
-Quick Onboarding: Setting up or switching to Copper is a quick and painless experience. Copper focuses on getting new users set up within days, not weeks or months like some of its competitors.

Negatives:
-Lack of Features: The biggest drawback of Copper CRM is the lack of features it provides its users. It is designed for simplicity. Therefore, it is missing many of the advanced features offered by its competitors. For example, it doesn’t offer users a dedicated account manager, and click-to-call requires third-party software.
-Lack of Flexibility Outside G Suite
It has been so far so good, they have been quick to respond to queries, and do follow up as well. But then again this is a work in progress and I guess they would not have a solution to every problem every posed to them right away. Hence I will refrain from making any judgments.
Nathan Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
Copper was selected as a replacement for Hubspot as our business grew. It seemed like it offered many of the features that Hubspot's paid tiers do at a fraction of the cost. The integration with G-Suite was the cherry on top. We integrated it across all customer-facing roles and were happy until it came time for us to cancel after a change in business ownership.
  • Seamlessly integrates with G-Suite
  • Good UI & strong feature set
  • Relatively flexible database
  • ABYSMAL customer service. Slow, rude, and not solutions oriented.
  • DECEPTIVE cancellation policy. Will charge you for 2 months after you cancel. IF you can navigate their intentionally difficult cancelation process.
  • BIZARRE user management backend that can make it impossible to recover accounts if you switch from G-Suite.
Copper was honestly a good CRM solution that provided a relatively advanced feature set packaged in an easy to use UI. I honestly would have recommended it to many people had I not had such a terrible experience when canceling and considered using it again in the future. But their TERRIBLE customer service and DECEPTIVE cancellation policy make me unable to recommend working with this company at any time for any reason. Consider Hubspot, Pipedrive, or Insightly instead.
If I could rate it a zero I would. Rude, slow to respond, and unhelpful. They are more focused on trying to figure out what you did wrong than they are on trying to find a solution for you. Extraordinarily antagonistic. Worst customer service I've experienced with a software provider and I've used dozens in my day.
Jay Werth | TrustRadius Reviewer
The first year I used Copper was self-directed. This year I am beta-testing Copper for use by individuals who manage fundraising campaigns for our client. There are many steps to convert a donor prospect to a donor and I'm able to catalog the steps in Copper as a CRM and project manager tool.
  • Task notifications.
  • Ability to have custom fields for information and process.
  • "Pipeline" of one's donor or sales prospects to catalog and track activities step by step with a prospect.
  • Easy upload of new contacts.
  • Good response time from support agents.
  • Synchronizing with other apps is tedious and puzzling. Syncing one's phone and computer is error free and easy to set up.
  • I'd like more opportunities to attach files while working in a contact.
Copper is well suited for sales or donor prospect information and activity. I'm not sure how well it works with multiple users in the same company with the ability of supervisors to monitor activity by individual users. If one is merely looking for contacts storage this product would be overkill. I find Copper adequate for my project management purposes. My guess is that there are other programs dedicated solely to project management that might provide better workflow, etc.
Kelly Wasden | TrustRadius Reviewer
What started as just the Sales team, quickly grew to customer support across the org. After researching a literal PANDORA's BOX of CRM solutions out there, my company, as well as a company I consult with, went with Copper. Sales use it to quickly create and update leads and opportunities through our multiple channels of Marketing and Customer Support use it for agreement research, help questions and logging of additional information and to identify potential upsell opportunities.
  • Direct integration with Gmail: Simple and seamless integration is the KEY to a productive sales org.
  • Ease of use: If it isn't easy to use, no one will touch it no matter how pretty it is.
  • Pricing: Cost effective with added bells and whistles.
  • Would love a stronger VoIP solution built directly into Copper.
  • You can finally rename records in Copper. This was way overdue vs. what other CRMs already allow natively.
  • Additional integration support: I think the feedback at times falls on deaf ears for things people need.
Copper is INCREDIBLE for small organizations that I have found. I can't speak for the enterprise, unfortunately. Companies that are pulling their hair out trying to get sales reps to FILL in information is a key selling point here, at least for us. Using Google's Suite e.g. Gmail made switching to Copper really a no-brainer for us. Crazy as it sounds, using Copper is really fun and easy as a sales rep because it is already there inside of Gmail, making adding leads, creating opportunities just a breeze and really updating any number of accounts that you need to. It is a challenge when working with 3rd party apps like Outreach that have a slide-out bar on the right or wanting to use tasks and the side features in Gmail.
Chris Kirksey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Copper daily. Our whole organization uses it as a detailed client contact book, as well as to keep track of new prospects (the last time we called or emailed them). It's awesome because it really helps us know when to get in contact with someone via automated reminders that were set up in Copper.
  • Strength 1: Integration with Gmail.
  • Strength 2: Customer Support.
  • Strength 3: Great UI.
  • It would be awesome if Copper could integrate into Apple Mail like it does Gmail.
  • Integration possibly with Slack.
A specific scenario where Copper is well suited is when I receive emails from people in Gmail. Copper makes it extremely simple to add them as a new contact to my address book, and then also sync that new contact with my Google address book. I haven't run into a scenario where it's less appropriate to use Copper.
Sam Lepak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Copper is our CRM and is only used for our sales team. Our products are a mobile app and website that generate leads that go into Copper in which our sales team is able to qualify and view all communication with prospects and move them along the appropriate pipeline.

One of the main problems that Copper solves for us is integrating with Slack and their mobile app to update us real-time of new leads. Also, a nice feature of Copper is their integration with G Suite (since Copper is a Google Product), that keeps track of all communication with each prospect.

From a more technical perspective, Copper has a quite robust API that allows us to connect our mobile app attribution platform, Slack, PostgresSQL, and chatbot Intercom.
  • One of the main benefits of Copper is real-time reports. We are able to breakdown won and lost revenue amongst our sales team and also account for projected sales revenue based on the opportunities in the pipeline and the expected close rate of those opportunities.
  • Copper has automated actions that allow us to move prospects through pipelines effectively. We set automated reminders and tasks for opportunities based on their pipeline and stage within the pipeline. These reminders and tasks are also emailed and sent as a push notification to each respective lead owner.
  • We are a big fan of the Copper newsletters. They provide a clear roadmap of what to expect from them from a product development standpoint and what to expect next. Their emails are easy to digest, and optimized for mobile. Also, they ask for user input that has been integrated into their roadmap.
  • While Copper has a quite robust API, they do not have any webhook receiver URLs. In order to effectively communicate data between Copper and another platform is through a paid Zapier account or Tray.io.
  • Automated actions are nice, but the work flow automations are extremely limited. We are not able to send users automated emails, push notifications when they enter a new stage of a pipeline.
  • More direct integrations with messaging services - transactional + marketing email services, push notification platforms, chat services.
Copper is well suited for keeping track of sales reporting, being able to track by pipelines, sales member, and weighted probability reports. At a high level, Copper has a solid UI/UX and is a simple CRM solution.

If you are looking for a more robust CRM system to automate opportunities and automatically move opportunities through your pipeline, then Copper is not the solution for you. Their automated work flows is quited limited.
We’re using Copper as a basic CRM to track our leads for ticket sales and sponsorships for events. The main individuals who are in contact with a majority of the leads are those who use Copper the most. It helps us to keep track of our daily communications with a large number of individuals and serves as a good tool to remember to follow up, as any good CRM would.
  • Easy to enter information and customized fields for the information you want to track.
  • Good at keeping track of leads in the pipeline and also customizable.
  • Easy to track emails from within the software.
  • Their Chrome plugin has somehow gotten worse and is extremely limited, making it difficult to work directly out of your inbox.
  • Very very hard to import information. It’s a slow step by step process where you have to upload multiple different spreadsheets with the same information.
  • General usability isn’t always easy. Sometimes searching won’t pull up the right information, middle initials will be stored twice, it won’t pull titles from emails, etc.
Copper is great if you need a very basic CRM and don’t plan to do anything too complex. Saving people’s information and follow up reminders/tasks are really what it’s good for. If you want an actual helpful CRM that’s super user-friendly, this isn’t it.
Their support team isn’t super fast to respond but they usually solve my problem—after a little back and forth—within 48 hours or so.
Erik Viager | TrustRadius Reviewer
Copper, formerly ProsperWorks, is used by the Business Development and Sales team at the agency I represent. We are a team of 7 and were looking for a new CRM solution after moving away from Saleforce. We had done extensive research and found that Copper was the best fit for what we are trying accomplish with our CRM. Copper is a simple to use, user-friendly CRM that integrates perfectly with G-Suite. The integration with G-Suite products is what really caught our eye. Copper is the #1 CRM for organizations who use G-Suite products (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.). We use Copper for day-to-day lead generation and management, activity and opportunity tracking, and pipeline reporting.
  • The Google integration and Chrome extension automatically tracks and updates prospect and lead activity in the CRM. Data entry is simplified.
  • Copper is a very user-friendly CRM with the ability to create custom fields, multiple pipelines, sales stages, etc. It is truly customizable and far less complex than other CRMs I have used in the past.
  • Copper makes it simple to add leads manually, through Gmail or using a template and uploading a large list.
  • Great support. We are very happy with our account management team and they strive to make sure we are getting the most out of the platform.
  • Pricing is very competitive.
  • Copper automatically pulls leads' social information and picture. Sometimes this information is not accurate.
  • We did not have a successful integration with RingCentral (web phone and meeting app) but this isn't a huge drawback.
  • I am pleased using Copper and can't think of any other cons since implementation.
Copper is the perfect CRM for businesses and organizations that use G-Suite. It integrates seamlessly with Google products and makes data entry a thing of the past. With a simple click, you can import leads from your Gmail conversations or import a prebuilt list in a matter of minutes. Copper is truly customizable and is very easy to make the CRM work for you. It is very easy to create custom fields, manage leads, people and opportunities, and run reports on user activity, pipelines, and more. I think Copper is less appropriate for organizations that may need very complex CRM environments and do not leverage Gmail or G-suite products. Copper is the CRM for Google users.
Scott Entwistle | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses ProsperWorks as the sales and customer CRM. We track all our open deals, take notes on our interactions with customers, and essentially make it our book of truth. It addresses a ton of problems because without a CRM the left hand wouldn't know what the right hand is doing! We have a lot of different accounts, and some people could be calling on the same ones, so this helps us pick up where we left off and track the progress.
  • ProsperWorks UI and integration with Gmail is just unmatched. It's beautiful, easy, straight forward, and a delight to use.
  • Their kanban flow for deals is awesome, and the ability to link any deal/company/person/document/calendar event with just about any other one makes drawing connections between things really simple.
  • Their reporting for activity is awesome. I used this for a period of 7 months to manage a collections team and it was invaluable to watch daily call volumes, and pull live reports to show the team at the end of the day.
  • I wish they allowed you to email from within the CRM and create calendar invites from within the app instead of just kicking you out to a Gmail window.
  • I wish they included more custom fields and email tracking in their basic plan.
Prosperworks is 100% best used if you are a G Suite customer. In my opinion, if you use G Suite as a company then you should use Prosperworks as your CRM. The only exception to that is if you have other programs that heavily tie into reporting features of SFDC. However if you're just looking for a solid CRM to track all your notes, activity, collaborate with your team, and run activity reports - ProsperWorks is a pleasure to use and will not disappoint.
ProsperWorks CRM is being used across the whole organization to track our sales and manage our pipeline. It gives us visibility into the open opportunities so we don't drop the ball, make predictions about our future sales, and have visibility into our analytics. We also use ProsperWorks CRM to track our outstanding invoices.
  • It's really intuitive and easy to use. Not much training is needed to figure out the CRM compared to other products I've used before. This is great as it cuts down on training time for the team.
  • They are relatively responsive and easy to get hold of if there are any issues.
  • It's much cheaper than other comparable CRMs.
  • I have zero visibility into any of my feature requests. I submit them frequently to my customer success person and I don't know whether they are being worked on or will ever be worked on. I'd like to see some kind of roadmap.
  • The Google Sheets add on is a nice tool but it's frustrating having to continually refresh it, I wish it would just refresh daily by itself.
  • The analytics and forecasting is not very robust, it needs a lot of number fudging on the Google Sheets add-on to give you actionable results.
ProsperWorks CRM is good if you want a lightweight solution to give you insight into your current sales that integrates completely with Google Apps and Gmail. You'll need to invest in something more robust like a Salesforce if you want lots of integrations, better analytics/reporting and more complicated work/user flows in your CRM.
Overall the support for ProsperWorks CRM is OK. When I get hold of my reps they are pretty knowledgeable and usually solve my problems. When I first started using the software they were a lot harder to get hold of so this has improved. My biggest complaint though is that my feature requests seem to go into a black hole, I never hear the status of them and I have no idea if they have even been passed on.
Daniel Coburn | TrustRadius Reviewer
All businesses should have a CRM, what makes the decision is cost, flexibility, and integrations. This is now a Google product and since we use Google Apps it was a no brainer. We have all of our client success and sales on ProsperWorks and are happy we have it. We have added substantial customized workflows and fields to the system and are continuing to tweak it. Before you start a sales process, start with your CRM! It will take time to set it up, but it will take longer to backfill massive amounts of data.
  • Track sales process
  • Track customer interactions
  • Integrate with tools
  • Communicate across the organization where things are at
  • Sales Report and performance
  • Sometimes its reporting gets confusing as how to pull certain things.
  • While its point of entry price is great, when you get more powerful its cost gets aligned with higher priced tools.
It is great for small businesses that use Google Apps. If you are using Google Apps you should give ProsperWorks CRM a look. It is very powerful and with its ability to track emails and conversation it will help with client retention, especially if you have a sales or support individual leave the company.
Jim Golden | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it as the basis for our daily planning, contact management and follow up. It allows us to keep all our clients in one place, develop our own terms on which to follow up with them and log all our contacts with them. Additionally it allows us set up action plans for current sales and prospected customers.
  • Allows leads to be separated from prospects and not cloud up your system
  • Allows me to track where each lead is and who is following up and who isn't
  • The notes section reminds me about our last communication
  • The task lists keeps me on the ball
  • Integrates seamlessly with gmail
  • My biggest moan comes from when I wanted to work down a list of leads alphabetically and unless you open the contact in a separate window, you lose your place when you return to the contact list (ie starts back at "a").
I can't speak to less suited for, but we ventured into using it as a real estate office slightly blind. It took as a while to set it up the way we wanted it. It offers more flexibility than a RE specific program ie. top producer, wiseagent and it works directly with google and gmail
We tested ProsperWorks for a few months and ultimately decided it wasn't best for us. It was tested by a small department, in prep for rollout across the org. The tool we were going to replace has been around for years and ultimately, we felt that Prosperworks wasn't as far as other CRMs in terms of feature development and integrations.
  • Email integration with Gmail/Google Apps: Feels very familiar if you're used to using Gmail and the other Google Apps, such as Google Calendar and Google Drive.
  • Pipeline management tool is flexible and easy to use.
  • API is easily extendable via a robust Zapier integration.
  • Calendaring integration was an issue we encountered as it did not create a task.
  • Strong de-dupping, click to dial, QuickBooks are integrations/features that need to be developed or improved.
  • Canceling requires emailing them and waiting to hear back.
  • Support: not as responsive as other support teams, maybe their model is to let the community answer questions and solve issues.
It's great for really small teams that don't have a legacy process to follow, especially if you are using Google Apps. For that type of company, there will not be much of a learning curve and the product will have the key features your small team needs. While it's quite pricey for what you currently get, I hear there's a lot of development going into the product.