A Similarity to Excel
August 13, 2021
A Similarity to Excel
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with CaptivateIQ
It is used for our commissions for the entire organization. This stretches over the entire world that we cover which is about 13 countries. It saves me personally so much time not using Excel for every single person who qualifies for commissions which is near 150 people. The print to pdf alone for all of those statements took way more time than it should have. This addresses issues for me personally, but also gives the sales team an opportunity to see real time results. They used to only see results quarterly. Now they can see new results every 5 minutes.
- The team we have with CaptivateIQ is extremely responsive and helpful for any question we have.
- If you want a commission software that is similar to having the freedom you have in Excel, this is as close as it gets.
- The ASC 606 function is critical for us. That process used to be quite lengthy for us, and the team at Captivate was able to simplify it. They also provided us with more insight than we previously had.
- The end user profile does not have much functionality unless you are a manager. Can be frustrating for the team.
- The dashboards are not helpful with quick breakdowns with our data.
- There is no ability to proxy as someone. I would prefer this route as an administrator to see what our team is seeing.
- ASC 606
- Salesforce connection for real time results
- Multiple plans for commissions results
- Approval Process
- Single Sign-On
- The accounting team has been freed up with time to get to other things than commissions.
- The sales team now gets the chance to see real time results instead of halting their week every quarter to review a statement.
- Xactly Commission Expense Accounting (CEA)
Xactly was the main competition in a new commission expense software. They had a product that the end user thought looked phenomenal. Xactly seemed to be a little more pushy in the sales side of it than CaptivateIQ. I appreciated the Captivate team showing their product and understanding our needs. Xactly made it seem like they assumed the sale was done when we were still scoping. Captivate in the end came down to being so much easier for our accounting team as a whole. We have so many "one-offs" and exceptions to the rule. Captivate has the ability to make this a task that can be done. The team at Captivate also made it clear that they are here for us with any problem we run into. Captivate is still a young company learning a lot, but they are willing to listen to their customers to improve any problem they have.
Do you think CaptivateIQ delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CaptivateIQ's feature set?
Did CaptivateIQ live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of CaptivateIQ go as expected?
Would you buy CaptivateIQ again?
It is well suited for ASC 606 and for your company's commission plans. The implementation team is ready for any plan that you have. We had one specific plan that I never thought we would be able to automate through a system. The CaptivateIQ team made it happen. They will make sure you are set up to be successful with their tool. They make it known that you are appreciated as a customer of theirs. Less appropriate may be the wrong word, but the reporting functionality is not there for us personally. The monthly accrual for commissions for our accounting team was not as quick as I thought it would. Also, the dashboards on the main page are not what we were looking for yet. Things we aren't using yet, but have the potential to be used once CaptivateIQ improves them. I am confident in CaptivateIQ to do this. They listen to their customer's wants.