ClickFunnels: The Mercedes of Sales Page Builders
Updated December 01, 2020
ClickFunnels: The Mercedes of Sales Page Builders
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ClickFunnels
I use ClickFunnels to create landing pages, sales pages, and bridge pages for both my own online marketing as well as for clients. I have used several software tools to build lead magnets and sales pages, and ClickFunnels is by far the easiest tool to use. ClickFunnels is made for marketers. In the past, the only choice we had was WordPress, and it had to be used in combination with other elite plugins such as WooCommerce and WishlistMember to function as a real funnel building machine. ClickFunnels has simplified the process of creating online marketing and sales funnels.
- Create Landing Pages and Sales Pages Quickly and Easily: They offer a variety of templates for different purposes (i.e., for Lead Magnets, Digital Downloads; Webinars; and Sales Pages). So any member of your team, even if they are not a developer can change the colors, fonts, photos, and text and have the page ready to go in a matter of minutes.
- Mobile Optimization: The software itself has a very easy to use an intuitive option for mobile optimization. A menu pops out from the right-hand side and provides options for easily changing the size of the font, or adding a particular element to only the desktop or only the mobile version. I've never seen an easier way to optimize for mobile.
- Integrations: Connecting to my email marketing software and my course delivery platform couldn't be easier. To implement specific automation, I prefer to use a more sophisticated email marketing option. The ability to make it all appear seamless on the customer journey is what sealed the deal for me.
- Membership Area: ClickFunnels has a built-in membership area, but it does not allow for very much customization. If you need something very simple, it does the job, but when delivering content to a closed audience such as a course, you are better off with a Learning Management System that is created for that purpose. This is a good thing though, in my opinion, software needs to stick to what they do best and be the best at it. There are too many software companies that try to be everything to everyone and have "all in one" solutions. In that situation, they are not good at any resolution. Clickfunnels is perfect for building sales pages, and that is what they do best.
- Affiliate Portal: ClickFunnels has a vast army of affiliates. However, their reporting system is TERRIBLE. You can't even see how many links you have referred to. This is by far the biggest drawback. According to my link tracking software, I've referred over 3,000 clicks between my blog post reviews, YouTube reviews, and members of my audience on social media, yet I have not had one single sign up. I think this is misleading and not transparent. They need to have better affiliate tracking analytics for their affiliates.
- Customer Service: There is nothing I dislike more than a company that farms out all their customer service overseas. There is a significant language barrier in this industry, and most problems can be solved very quickly if you employ people who understand the product and the industry. Unfortunately, I had an experience with a very simple question. Still, the customer service rep did not understand my question, so it took four days to resolve between going back and forth over email because of the time difference. If I were speaking to someone from the USA who understood my issue, it could easily have been resolved within minutes. Eventually, I was the one who discovered that their documentation was incorrect, and that was the reason my issue wasn't able to be resolved easily.
- Shopping Cart: ClickFunnels saves a lot because I don't have to have a separate shopping cart integration. They integrate directly with Stripe so you can sell digital products or services with ease.
- Time Efficient: I can't say enough about how quickly and easily I can create a page or a series of pages, thanks to ClickFunnels. This is an enormous time-saver, and time is money.
- Facebook Group: I do not like their Facebook Group at all. I think it's far too big for their team to manage and a waste of time for business owners. I am a part of various Facebook Business Groups that are supportive and allow for connections and collaborations. Unfortunately, all I have ever seen inside the ClickFunnels Facebook group is nonsense and spam.
Although I believe they serve different purposes since HubSpot has a website builder, I can easily say that ClickFunnels can build pages much better than HubSpot. HubSpot's magic is in their CRM, which is connected to their automated intelligence that reports metrics in an easy to understand way. ClickFunnels, on the other hand, is for easily creating sales pages. Sometimes software tries to do too much, and then they are not good at anything. HubSpot's website builder is not good in comparison to ClickFunnels. With ClickFunnels, you can create very quickly and easily. HubSpot's CMS is more like what WordPress was like in 2005...where only a few theme authors could modify their own code. With ClickFunnels, you don't need to modify the code to create a beautiful design, and that is what puts it above the rest for creating sales pages.
I don't think you should have to wait for more than an hour or two to get in touch with someone when you need support. Because they primarily have overseas help, it's typically at least until the next business day until you get help. Then there is the language barrier to deal with. It's not ideal. I have contacted support a few times and have gotten answers. However, I consider myself much savvier than most in terms of understanding all the behind the scenes issues that go on with building a website and online marketing funnels. So if I were a beginner or not as familiar with how to code and create websites, I would think the support is terrible.
Do you think ClickFunnels delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ClickFunnels's feature set?
Did ClickFunnels live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ClickFunnels go as expected?
Would you buy ClickFunnels again?
ClickFunnels is the Mercedes of landing page software for marketers. I've been creating sales pages since 2006 when the only options were static HTML, WordPress, or Drupal. While WordPress has evolved with thousands of plugins, I can confidently say that I have never used something as easy and intuitive as ClickFunnels. I would recommend it to any small business or solo-entrepreneur who is running an online business or looking to generate leads from digital marketing. The software is straightforward to use for people who do not have experience coding, and if you do have experience with HTML, it makes further customization very easy. Typically for an enterprise-sized business, I would recommend a tool with the capability for automated intelligence and contextual marketing such as HubSpot, which, of course, has its own website builder. However, even when you put ClickFunnels up against HubSpot, the ability to build out your pages is still much easier with ClickFunnels. I would (and I do) use it in conjunction with HubSpot.