WebinarJam Reviews

December 14, 2020
Brian Burge | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using WebinarJam since 2015. We are a training company and decided to start offering free monthly webinars as a way to grow our list and teach people. There are other webinar apps out there but WebinarJam covers everything we need and integrates with our CRM platform which was a must. We also have thousands of registrations and WebinarJam can handle a large number of registrations. Finding an affordable platform that could handle a large number of registrations was difficult until we found WebinarJam. WebinarJam has helped us grow our business tremendously.
  • Integrates with Infusionsoft. This is great as we can have pre and post emails and campaigns triggered based on people's interactions with the webinar. It also helps us track attendance and things like that.
  • Holds a large number of attendees. This was a must for us. We have on average, 1,500 people on our live webinars. Other platforms couldn't handle that amount or they charged way to much for that amount of people.
  • We love their Everwebinar extension/option. This allows us to continuously use past webinars to get new registrations and allows our audience to attend the recorded webinars anytime.
  • The amount of option within the webinar is great. One that really stands out is the ability to post offers directly inside the webinar. When we use it, we have really great results.
  • Overall the customization options are nice but I would like to be able to edit some areas they don't allow us to edit so that everything matches.
  • We set most of our webinars up the same so it would be nice to be able to save our settings so that we don't have to reenter everything everytime we setup a webinar. Like presenters, email copy, colors, etc.
  • I used to have a lot of things I wanted them to add and update but they have done a pretty good job of adding new features and things so my list has gone down.
We have used WebinarJam for many reasons. Our main reason is to host large free webinars but we have also used it for smaller live training courses that people paid for, we have held private training classes for companies, and so on. I guess you could get creative and use it for a conference-style virtual event but wouldn't really recommend it for that. You could use it for internal training within an organization and things but I still feel it best suited for webinars and marketing purposes.
The support overall is good. In the early days, it wasn't the best but they have definitely stepped it up lately. If you have questions about the platform, issues, setup, etc, and don't mind waiting 24 hours to get a response then it's good. They may have faster response times now but when they updated to 4.0 it took a while as they were getting hammered with emails cause there were issues. It seems like they have worked out some of the kinks so I imagine their support can respond much faster now. There is no phone number to call so there is no way to get immediate help or answers which can be frustrating when you have issues right before or during your webinar.
Read Brian Burge's full review
October 27, 2020
It's currently being used by our marketing team as part of our audiovisual efforts to attract new clients through demo webinars or partner events with other companies in the ecommerce space. It helps us create a simple platform in which users can sign up to watch different referral marketing-related sessions in a way that we can also see how engaged they are with our content and even get in touch with them once the session is done.
  • Cloud based
  • Fast and simple to setup and run
  • Panic button, super useful
  • Templates don't offer many options for customization without having to build your own
  • Templates are often too "standard" and simple
When I first got started with WebinarJam, back in 2017, I'm pretty sure it was the first cloud-based webinar platform available at the moment. All the other options I was reviewing back you had to actually download and install a program on your computer (like Go-To-Webinar). It's also super affordable, we were paying up to 4 times more for our previous software.
It's email-only support. No email, no chat, etc. I only had to get in touch with them a couple of times and they were actually quite fast. But I think they could do better in terms of creating ways for people to solve their questions.
October 07, 2020
There are only two people who would have reason to use WebinarJam in our organization. The main business problem we would use it for would be to create a formal online event which we want to schedule and have reminders sent regularly to potential attendees, with good looking landing pages and sign up forms.
  • WebinarJam is really good at helping to create professional-level webinars.
  • WebinarJam takes care of a lot of issues for marketing your online events, with notification and tracking.
  • WebinarJam makes it very easy to personalize your webinars with your own branding and gives you a lot of control over the design of everything, from landing pages to email notifications.
  • One of the biggest problems we have is that WebinarJam was sold to us as a lifetime license, and it was supposed to include broadcasting on Facebook. For reasons that were never clear, they stopped providing that functionality, which greatly reduced our use for the product.
  • WebinarJam started out life as an innovative product, full of promise. Things changed within the organization, key staff and players changed, and it seems that key players just moved on to other projects. Users were required to pay for upgrades in order to get the best use out of the product.
  • A big problem that was never really solved was the Lag/Delay between realtime and what the users were seeing and hearing.
  • We really wanted to be able to administer Surveys to people during webinars and be able to store their responses and export them to a database. We were told there was no way to do that.
I'd recommend WebinarJam for anybody wanting lots of marketing bells and whistles to help them promote an online event, especially if they want to record it... and broadcast it later. It is not as appropriate for quick team meetings and where you need more than three presenters on-screen simultaneously who can switch control back and forth.
In the beginning, there were weekly seminars devoted to Question and Answer sessions with key staff members whose goals seemed to be to help users get maximum utility out of the product, and they were willing to help you with marketing advice in general. That level of support was greatly reduced, but they still do have people who respond to email questions fairly quickly.
September 10, 2019
James Arnold | TrustRadius Reviewer
WebinarJam is the selection I made to deploy a series of live webcasts to fellow digital marketers in agriculture and food. The options are many but the cost structures didn't make sense since we are a start-up and aren't certain this series would amount to anything. WebinarJam was priced well and the functionality gave me everything I wanted.
  • Customization - All aspects of the look and feel are available and you don't have to code anything (even if you want to).
  • Integration - It was easy to integrate the tool with our ESP.
  • Event options - The sound, connectivity, and delivery of the event were solid.
  • UX - The UX isn't perfect for those setting up and delivering the webcasts.
  • Limitations - My version can only have two other speakers. I wish it was more.
  • Technology - It's tough to know if some sound issues were user problems or tool problems.
WebinarJam is well-suited for anyone who wants a live-feel webcast. This isn't a tool that will be good for recording and manipulating the experience first. This is the live platform. It can handle paid webcasts and it is good with quizzes and interactions. Also, it records the live feed for later viewing, but it isn't the best feature.
Read James Arnold's full review
May 01, 2019
Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use WebinarJam to broadcast webinars and trainings to my audience and my clients' audiences. It's a great tool to build and host webinars, especially since they upgraded the Jam Room. When WebinarJam was hosted on Youtube it was very difficult to use and never seemed to work when you needed it to. You can connect dynamically with your audience using this tool, and it's simple to set up.
  • Easy to set up since they upgraded to the Jam Room
  • Video injections
  • Offers with links can pop up when you want them to
  • Live chat makes it easy to connect with the attendees
  • Easy to launch
  • Integrates with the other tools I use
  • It takes a while to set up a webinar correctly.
  • The templates for opt-in pages, thank you pages, and waiting rooms are pretty weak
  • Sometimes doesn't work great on mobile for some people.
  • Takes a lot of bandwidth but that's true of all webinar services.
WebinarJam is great if you want to create sales presentations and share them with your audience virtually. It's also wonderful for internal training because the videos get automatically saved and recorded and are easy to find and download. It's also valuable to put together webinars to test offers for lead and sales generation on the front-end of your business.
Read Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert's full review
May 31, 2019
Our marketing/sales department use WebinarJam and EverWebinar for different purposes. First, we have different demo webinars scheduled to go live every day for people who are looking to learn more about our software. One of the great advantages of these sessions is that we can collect contact information from people who are already interested in our product, so we can always get in touch. And second, we also use WebinarJam to run webinars with other partner companies -- it makes it extremely easy to organize and design all marketing collateral needed (landing pages, emails, etc).
  • Extremely easy and fast to set up.
  • Web-based! You don't need to download or install any software.
  • Very competitive price compared to other alternatives.
  • You can host your own landing pages with your own design, which is great. But if you're not a designer and you just want to use one of their templates... they're not great. They're not bad either, but they haven't been updated in a while so they could use some fresh design.
  • Webinar video files are hosted on youtube instead of WebinarJam itself. Sometimes you can see the youtube logo while watching a replay, which is not great.
  • Just general improvements/redesigns. I don't think they've updated their dashboard since I started using it. Again, it works just fine, but I'd appreciate some upgrades from time to time.
Honestly, I haven't encountered a scenario in which WebinarJam hasn't worked exactly how I wanted it to. We've been using it for our on-demand webinar as well as our live sessions, and it has been working perfectly on both of them. I'd say it's particularly good for live sessions with more than one person, since it's web-based, so none of your co-hosts/guests have to download any software to join the live room.
February 10, 2019
Andrea Samadi | TrustRadius Reviewer
At Achieveit360 we use WebinarJam for informational webinars. When we are looking to promote a new program or service, we can quickly set up a webinar, with an easy to use dashboard, to promote our programs. We have used more expensive webinar platforms in the past, but as a small business, there is no need to pay high monthly fees for a webinar service. We are happy with the years of service with WebinarJam, will continue to use it, and notice that many others still use it also.
  • ADMIN/USER STRENGTHS: Easy to use the dashboard to start a webinar on demand, or schedule one in the future. Each step has a video tutorial made to set you up for success, understanding each set-up step along the way. If I want to practice a session live, I can set up a webinar instantly (called Right Now-takes 6 clicks and 30 seconds to set this up), and stream it through my YouTube Channel, or schedule a full campaign for a later date (takes about 10 minutes) and drive people to attend. I can set up one date, or multiple dates. It's very easy to follow the nine initial steps to (configuration, schedule, registration, notifications, integration, thank you, live, replay and finish) setting up your webinar. Once you have created a campaign, you can always clone them for future use.
  • ADMIN/USER STRENGTH: You can inject a pre-recorded video seamlessly. Let's say you did an incredible sales pitch on one of your webinars, you can inject this into future webinars to ensure a perfect presentation.
  • ADMIN/USER STRENGTH: Poll your customers BEFORE the webinar, on the registration page to find out what they are looking for, why they have signed up, to be sure the presenter covers each participant's needs.
  • ADMIN/USER STRENGTH: Autoresponder reminders can come from Webinar Jam (this is what I have always done to keep it simple) or integrate it with the top systems (AWeber, Active Campaign, Infusionsoft, IContact, MailChimp, ConvertKit, Drip, Kartra, Zapier).
  • ADMIN/USER STRENGTH: I can set up a replay for those who missed the event, or even a replica replay where I can go into the video, fix up my sales presentation, and add a new video for people to see. I can also see who watches the replay.
  • ADMIN/USER STRENGTH: In the analytics page I can see the numbers of people who visited the webinar registration page (to get an idea of how popular my topic was/change headings or topics if it's low, keep presenting if there's a high number), registrants, people in the room when I go live, and numbers for those who watched the replays. I can connect my autoresponder to communicate with people who missed the webinar/replay vs those who attended and even can see when people dropped off so I know if they were engaged for the entire webinar.
  • SUPPORT: It's there if you need it, but you do need to be proactive. Sometimes you need help immediately and that's just not going to work with WebinarJam. You must learn to practice, test and be prepared for a webinar (a few days before you plan to go live to iron out any technical issues) without relying on their support team 2 minutes before your webinar. Join their FB page, read common questions that come up, get involved helping others, and you will be successful. If you are not the pro-active type, I would recommend a different software.
  • CHANGES: There are times software changes, and the team communicates the changes, and what you must do, but again, like the other point, you must learn to be proactive to learn and understand them. Example: the transition from Google Hangouts to Youtube a few years ago (had to learn how to do this) and now we must keep up to date on how WebinarJam works or does not work (it says it is not currently integrating with FB Live). Logging into the system and reading the messages is all you need to do, but if you are not proactive at doing this, it's not the software for you.
  • MORE ONGOING COMMUNICATION AND SUPPORT TO USERS: This could be improved with more training videos and communication to users. That said, there is training there, it just depends on how much you need.
WebinarJam is a great tool if you are a small to mid-sized company and want to set up/schedule webinars and let the software do its job (capture your presentation and analytics). It looks professional, is used by many professionals/leaders, and is a fraction of the cost of other well-known brands. If cost doesn't matter to you, then you might as well go with a higher paying product. Also, WebinarJam audio is only accessed via the internet, there is not a conference call phone line system.
Read Andrea Samadi's full review
November 26, 2018
Maja Jaredic | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WebinarJam to create, organize and manage webinars for our company. The tool is usually used by the marketing department, as they're the ones in charge of the lead generation. It's a tool that makes it easy to set-up, edit, and manage your webinar, related notifications and webinar recordings. Overall, it's a great lead generation tool.
  • It's easy to set up. Even if you don't have too much skill when it comes to technical set-up, the tool has a very user-friendly interface that allows you to create and set up your webinar in just a few minutes.
  • Easy and reliable integrations. The tool integrates easily with multiple tools, and it's also on Zapier in case you need some additional functionalities.
  • Testing links. This one is my favorite! The tool generates test links for you to practice delivering your best presentation, without harming your initial webinar setup.
  • Landing pages. The designs are pretty limited and repetitive, our company is always using our own designs.
  • Text limitations. You don't have a lot of room when it comes to text and webinar descriptions during the setup. If you stay away from long titles you should be good.
  • Pricing. The tool is definitely not cheap. If you're not planning to have regular webinars on it, you should look into something smaller and more budget-friendly.
It's an excellent tool for agencies and companies that regularly host webinars and use it as a lead generation tool. It integrates well with other tools and has a great and reliable notification system. You can always edit their existing email notifications, but even general ones work well. If you're looking to only host a few webinars per year, you might be better off with a smaller, cheaper tool!
Read Maja Jaredic's full review
August 16, 2018
We used WebinarJam at my software startup to conduct webinars of our product, where we educated our prospective customers on the benefits of our product through an interactive presentation. We were able to achieve this through WebinarJam as it allows for interactive polling with the audience. It helped us get our message across when we hosted 50 - 100 people on each webinar. In addition, we used it to provide ha ands-on demo of our product which was well received. We used WebinarJam to get quick feedback on our product as well. We only used WebinarJam for sales and lead generation purposes and utilized it to get our product more exposure for little setup.
  • Interactive polling. Really easy to get a poll started and get quick answers.
  • Quick feedback. You can set it up to get quick feedback on your presentation/webinar.
  • Easy setup. WebinarJam is really easy to setup and share with your audience.
  • Pricing. Pricing can get expensive as your business expands.
Great for giving online webinars to large audiences as there are a lot of interaction-specific features you can use to engage your audience.

WebinarJam is not so great if you are only trying to engage with a small audience, I would say less than 50 people. GoToMeeting or Skype would probably be a better, cheaper option.

Dashboards (9)
Data exportability (9)
High quality audio (9)
Mobile support (8)
Calendar integration (6)
9.4
Record meetings / events (9)
9.2
Slideshows (9)
9.2
Event registration (9)
Audience polling (9)
Q&A (9)
Participant roles & permissions (9)
9.7
Confidential attendee list (8)
Branding options (9)
Integration to Marketing Automation (9)
9.5

What is WebinarJam?

Genesis Digital in La Jolla offers WebinarJam, a webinar platform that supports live casting, event streaming, and webinar broadcasting with up to 6 co-presenters.