ClickUp is incredibly robust and versatile... as long as you're willing to spend the time setting it up.
July 27, 2022

Overall Satisfaction with ClickUp

ClickUp currently serves as my team's fully featured project/task manager, our knowledge base, as well as our rudimentary CRM. One of the cool things about ClickUp, and what I feel differentiates it from any of the other project management tools in the market, is the fact that it is super customizable. As a mentor of mine previously told me, "Our greatest strengths are also our greatest weaknesses," and this is totally the case with ClickUp. For better or worse, the ways in which ClickUp can be used are numerous and varied, and interestingly, the more people I meet that use the software, the more ways I see in which people configure ClickUp to work for them. This can be both a good and a bad thing depending on how clear of an idea you have of how you want to use the software as well as how comfortable you feel technically configuring everything. Fortunately, ClickUp offers a wide variety of workshops and resources on different ways to use the platform, but ultimately, if you are looking for a project management tool that will work for you right out the box, you may want to keep looking. The tradeoff you make going with this more customizable tool that will likely require some setup to work the way you like it is that A. ClickUp is very affordable compared to other, more "pre-configured" PM tools, and B. once you realize all the different paradigms that are specific to ClickUp, the ways in which you can use the software are pretty infinite. Even using ClickUp for the things we currently do, I know that there is much more it is capable of. For us, the fact that we have been able to build out ClickUp to fit perfectly into our workflows across multiple business areas has made it a great value for the price!
  • Project management.
  • Collaboration
  • Customization
  • I would like a task creation wizard that enables us to create tasks that include the information we require without clicking through all the various options.
  • I'd LOVE ClickUp to add full-featured internal chat/communication functionality that would let us get rid of Slack - currently, ClickUp's "chat" features are very hard to stay on top of.
  • As it stands, even within our relatively small company, it's very hard to stay on top of the many notifications I get from the software - it would be great if the notifications could be rethought and streamlined.
  • The mobile app (at least on iOS) is not on par with the functionality of the web app - it would be great if the mobile app made it easier to add tasks, see what tasks users have coming up, and configure only important notifications to come through.
  • ClickUp has been essential in helping us formalize and standardize our internal processes.
  • ClickUp has made it much easier for our firm to stay organized and standardize our processes, which has allowed us to take on more business with the same headcount.
  • We are happy we were able to integrate our knowledge base into ClickUp rather than paying for yet another software.
Our collaboration has definitely improved thanks to ClickUp, particularly when it comes to different team members handling different parts of the same project. Additionally, one of the things I really like about ClickUp that other tools don't let you do is assign multiple individuals to the same task.
ClickUp is awesome in that it houses a ton of different features and functionality in the same app. As it stands, ClickUp is our project/task management tool, CRM, and knowledge base. The one functionality I'm impatiently waiting for ClickUp to add is a Slack-like alternative.
After reviewing many different project management tools, both specific to accounting firms, such as Karbon, and more general PM tools, such as Asana and Todoist, ClickUp ultimately presented the most functionality for the price. Whereas Todoist, Asana, and Karbon all force you into their specific project management paradigms, ClickUp lets you make it into whatever you want. Specifically compared to Karbon, which may be better for firms that are looking for an accounting-focused tool that is already ready to go, ClickUp is much more affordable.

Do you think ClickUp delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with ClickUp's feature set?

Did ClickUp live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of ClickUp go as expected?

Would you buy ClickUp again?

I think ClickUp is an awesome option for businesses that have someone there who is tech-savvy and/or ready to configure and manage the software. While I've seen first-hand how powerful the tool can be, I also know that unless your company invests the time (and mental energy) into figuring out how they want their processes to look and then set the software up in that way, I think they may be disappointed. That said, if you are willing to do a bit more work on the user side and on the front-end, ClickUp is SUPER customizable and able to fill a lot of needs within a business, including but not limited to project management, user-level task management, CRM, knowledge base, etc. Due to the level of customization related to structuring data, configuring different views, and native, available functionality, your imagination is really the limit. Fortunately, ClickUp has very good support and a lot of resources. The one feature ClickUp doesn't have but that I'd like to see is a Slack-type communication replacement.

ClickUp Feature Ratings