ClickUp is easily my favorite PM tool!
January 13, 2023

ClickUp is easily my favorite PM tool!

Overall Satisfaction with ClickUp

It helped with the project management aspect, especially with all updates for every task being found in one space. We also use it to present project timelines as well as create forms and automation that make our entire business process more efficient. We're not only using it for client projects but for internal projects and processes as well. I've tried other PM tools, but ClickUp is easily my favorite.
  • The Gantt charts are easy to create and use, and it's easy to share them with clients as well.
  • It's easy to tag team members for communication and to keep all updates within every task, which also makes it easy to refer back to them at any point in time.
  • The automation is easy to implement and very helpful in making sure deadlines are met.
  • The time tracking tool, which allows for reports, is also very useful.
  • I've experienced some downtimes and issues in the middle of the workday. If that can be minimized, it would be great.
  • There was a bug where the files uploaded via replies to the main comment didn't appear on the list of task attachments, but I believe that was already resolved.
  • When docs are linked to tasks, they get archived when the task gets archived. So if there's a way to make the archiving of the doc and the task separate, that would be awesome.
  • It makes project management definitely more structured and efficient.
  • If the business is slow, though, using ClickUp is like bringing a tank to a swordfight.
  • It takes some learning curve for the team to be diligent in using it, but when everybody does, it just makes everything so streamlined and more accessible.
It's easier to manage tasks and collaborate asynchronously. We don't need to have as many meetings as long as everyone responds to their ClickUp notifications. It can be a bit of a challenge when using contractors outside of the team because when we give them guest access, they're not "programmed" to keep ClickUp updated, but that's totally understandable.
Reminders, updates, links, and files are all on ClickUp. We just need to open a task and/or subtask, and everyone will have visibility on the project status without having to always chat/go to a meeting. Our operations manager has set it up so well that everything flows smoothly. ClickUp is a pretty powerful tool when used right.
ClickUp is easily the most potent PM tool I've used so far. The support is great, and he responds fast. They're actively improving what's already a fantastic platform. It can be intimidating for a beginner, and everyone has different learning curves, but I loved it from the get-go. ClickUp is highly recommended.

Do you think ClickUp delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with ClickUp's feature set?

Did ClickUp live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of ClickUp go as expected?

Would you buy ClickUp again?

ClickUp is best for complex projects and tasks that would go on for months. It also works well for recurring tasks. If I'm not mistaken, this is more expensive than other PM tools. So if your projects are pretty straightforward and tasks get completed right away, investing in simpler PM, tools might be more cost-effective. But personally, I prefer ClickUp, and for simple projects, the free version could suffice.

ClickUp Feature Ratings