Great scheduling tool for social media
Updated April 14, 2020
Great scheduling tool for social media
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Hootsuite
We use Hootsuite Pro to manage numerous social media platforms for several different clients around the world. Hootsuite is used by most people within our firm. It helps address the problems associated with scheduling lots of content for clients. We can pre-schedule content to make it easier to get messages out during the early and late hours. We can also tracks the number of clicks in order to better tailor our content to followers.
- I like that Hootsuite makes it very easy to shorten a URL into an ow.ly link within the dashboard.
- I find it very easy to schedule messages and to see all of the upcoming messages for one client or all clients with just a few simple clicks.
- I like that you can review custom dashboards for each client, such as the Twitter homepage, scheduled Facebook posts, and inbox messages.
- I wish that the reports didn't use a "point" system. We have a Pro account and still do not have enough points to generate some of the great reports that Hootsuite offers.
- Hootsuite should make it easier to schedule messages in different time zones. You can change the time zone of your dashboard but that's too cumbersome when you have employees accessing it from different countries. I want to easily know when to schedule a message so that it will go out at the correct time in another country without calculating the time difference myself.
- Sometimes profiles randomly get disconnected from Hootsuite and you have to reauthenticate the account by logging in via Hootsuite.
- Hootsuite Pro provides a great return on investment. Without it, we wouldn't be able to send out some messages exactly when they need to go out without difficulty. We can also pre-schedule a lot of messages, which saves time overall.
- Because Hootsuite Pro is so easy to use, we can allow experienced account managers to draft the content and then train other workers to simply schedule it for the appropriate time, allowing account managers to focus on other client work.
- Hootsuite offers key analytics through its thorough reports that we can pass on to clients or incorporate into our own campaign reviews.
We liked both Buffer and Hootsuite but we ultimately decided to choose Hootsuite, and have remained using it for nearly 9 years because it has many different features and integrations that make it an invaluable tool for our agency. We have more than 30 social media profiles using our Hootsuite Pro account and will add more as needed.
Their support team is eager to help and gets issues resolved rather quickly. We've never had major issues with the platform in the nearly decade that we've been using it.
Do you think Hootsuite delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Hootsuite's feature set?
Did Hootsuite live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Hootsuite go as expected?
Would you buy Hootsuite again?
This product is well suited for organizations that have to manage the social media profiles of several different clients or even one business that needs to manage its Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn pages all at once. It's great for pre-scheduling messages that need to go out at a specific time, such as during tradeshows or following press announcements, the launch of a new product, etc.
Hootsuite Feature Ratings
8 - The people using Hootsuite Pro are account managers who help with the social media efforts of their clients.
We don't have anyone in true support roles because this product is so easy to use. It's very easy to train employees on how to use it and Hootsuite offers a support team that we can contact if we have issues that need resolving quickly.
- Saves time by allowing us to pre-schedule messages
- Allows us to analyze the results of social media posts for clients
- Saves us money by reducing the amount of time we spend on social media
- We've used Hootsuite Pro to pre-schedule certain posts during a client's tradeshow if we can't be onsite
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Yes, we previously had an issue adding a social network to Hootsuite and their support team is very helpful in getting issues resolved in a timely manner. It's great to have their support team available, as many social platforms, like Facebook and Instagram either don't have support teams available or don't respond quickly enough.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Reviewing social media feeds
- Scheduling posts
- Shortening links
- Adding images and GIFs to posts