HootSuite Enterprise provides a centralized platform for managing streams from different social media channels and posting/ engaging across channels simultaneously. It also has strong team / workflow features and good mobile apps.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/vG/FW/82VTWIZC8WTT.JPEGAwesomely Accessible Platform for NewbiesHootsuite is a wonderful product for Social Media scheduling, monitoring activity and engagement, and competitor research. The community with Hootsuite is quite large and useful for determining how others are using the tool. I find it to have a very user-friendly interface, therefore, it is simple to get a new user on the system and immediately executing use within minutes. For managers or editors, it is easy to pop in and see only what you want to see without wasting a lot of time.,Scheduling Social Media posts - for my clients, typically they schedule the majority of their activity on a Monday and for the week. Ease of use - you can be on and publishing immediately without a learning curve. Value for the money - it's very accessible for small budgets. Customer support - their customer service is exceptional.,It is very Twitter-oriented and does not offer as much robustness for other platforms such as LinkedIn. I wish it could detect whether social interaction is a bot versus a real person. Like them all, if you wish to schedule a post with multiple images, you have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for Twitter. That creates additional redundancies - unfortunately, I don't believe there is anything Hootsuite can do about that, as this is an issue with other competitor platforms. I would love to see more robust reporting features - I often have to take the time to extract the data I am looking for to create the reports I want, which is inefficient.,8,1,Hootsuite removes the somewhat nebulous idea that Social Media is superfluous, which can be difficult for older organizations to grasp. I like to think of, and coach clients to think of, Social Media as a Return on Brand Investment (ROBI). It's a customer success tool and a brand magnifier. I have had great success with clients who have expenditures on Social advertising. ROI is not free when it comes to engagement anymore.,Moz, Zoho Social and Buffer,Moz, Zoom, Slack,Yes, but I don't use it,10Hootsuite Pro: Affordable, but lacking in features.We use Hootsuite Pro to help monitor and manage multiple social media streams for our clients (as well as some of our own blogs). It's used primarily by our marketing department to help limit time spent logging in/out and scheduling posts across the multitude of social media platforms. In that respect, it's a big time saver.,It provides easy management of multiple social media accounts Monitors multiple streams across social media platforms It allows team member management and task delegation,The interface can be somewhat cumbersome at times Some settings & configurations are hard to get to Some advanced reports may cost extra/aren't included with the Pro plan,7,5,Hootsuite Pro greatly reduces the time spent trying to log in/out of social media accounts (along with the time looking up or resetting passwords). Since we've starting using it, we've encountered a lot of limitations. At this point, we're considering alternatives that will alleviate some of the common headaches and nuisances associated with Hootsuite Pro. We're able to execute a more coordinated social media marketing effort at a reduced cost to our clients (when compared to when we weren't using any social media management platforms).,Buffer and TweetDeck,Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook for Business, Umbraco CMS, WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, RavenTools, Mouseflow, Moz, SEMRush,No,Price Product Reputation,We were initially driven to choose Hootsuite Pro by an approaching client deadline. That's why the accessibility and time to market was important to our decision making process. In hindsight, it would have been beneficial for us to spend more time exploring the products in the space more thoroughly prior to making a decision.,Easy to add new social media accounts Easy to schedule social media posts across channels Easy to add new team members,Tracking more than 5 streams is very cumbersome Some settings or configurations aren't easily accessible The interface has improved a little over time, but it's still not obvious to use out of the box. Spend some time becoming familiar with it.,Yes, but I don't use it,6Hootsuite: It will change your lifeWe have implemented Hootsuite Enterprise in four departments at Radford University: the Office of Web Strategy and Interactive Media, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Career Center and the Office of Alumni Relations. Hootsuite Enterprise has revolutionized how we manage social media. We are able to see at a glance all of our key social media accounts, post easily across them, view the content calendar across all the areas within Hootsuite, assign inquires to the appropriate users, and get robust and useful reports that aid us in analyzing our strategies and tweak them as needed.,The ability to create customized dashboards allows us to get a high-level view of how everything is going -- all in one place. The reporting capabilities allow us to see what is working and what is not so we can tweak our strategy. The ability to manage permissions across a broad team is awesome!,Currently, university LinkedIn accounts cannot be linked through Hootsuite, so we still have to log in separately to manage that account. I wish we could customize the look and feel of the dashboard a bit.,10,10,Increased employee efficiency Better customer service Improved strategy,Sprout Social,Vocus PR Suite,10,1,Better customer service Improved engagement Better organization,Vendor implemented,No,Change management was minimal,The first part of the implementation was essentially a product demo. Since we had demoed the product several times, it was redundant.,9,Setting up dashboards Posting to social channels Creating reports,Creating really complex reports is a bit tricky.,Yes,9Hootsuite Review for those who do not 'do' social media for a livingWe are a small consulting business. I am the sole user and I use it to co-ordinate my outgoing communications across LinkedIn's various groups, Facebook & Twitter,Easy to send and schedule - once you figure out where you do it from. The instructions for scheduling are straightforward The Hootlet on my Chrome toolbar has increased efficiency with communicating interesting web links being easy to spread It is easy to add LinkedIn groups to a communication message, again, once you have done it once or twice (first time was a bit tricky) The link shrinking is a good feature - saves having to go to ow.ly,I find it is not as intuitive as I thought it should be, although easy once you know how (& remember how!). I found myself guessing where stuff might be and some things still baffle me! As it is not my 'day job', I can only spend so much time trying to uncover the benefits. The vertical slider is very narrow. A small issue but an irritating one! I notice this is a trend on software but I don't like it. My Windows vertical slider on my screen now at 3 to 4 mm (1/8th of an inch) is a lot easier to control. I find the whole 'streams' concept a bit confusing and don't know what to do with it other than look at it. I might be a bit of a social media laggard but I find myself in the 'one way' (outgoing) communication stream - and don't know how to readily respond to others. Adding new LinkedIn groups is a bit of a hit and miss challenge. I have to remember which screen to go to (which reminds me, I will have to do this again soon). It would be good for Hootsuite to reach out to LinkedIn and offer me to sign up those groups which I am not using through Hootsuite rather than wait for me to go through another screen (when I find it!) and to this. I would like to have the option of grouping LinkedIn groups so that I could short cut selecting groups for particular messages. For example, I am a member of a number of Australian based groups, as well as HR groups, Insolvency groups, Restructuring groups, Business Owner groups. It would be good to have the ability to 'group' the groups to save time posting. The posting process is not a check box but you click on the link and it disappears and reappears in the links to be posted to. Again, a bit of a challenge the first time to intuitively know how this works.,7,1,I use it to reduce my stress of feeling that I should be communicating. It has achieved that to a large extent as I have increased my knowledge of how it works. I can't say I have obtained any direct leads from it but I notice that my postings are getting some traction which is good It is the usual '100 hours' to learn the software. I find most software - even relatively simple to use software like Hootsuite, still requires a level of trial and error and study - oh and mistakes!,,9,8,5,6Enterprising!It's being used by the corporate social media team along with the social media admins from our regional hospitals and service lines.,Publishing to multiple channels Scheduling in advance Content library,It would be nice to be able to add more streams to a page for monitoring. Sometimes have difficulty with geo targeting of search results,9,25,Employee efficiency Social care/customer service Better engagement,Sprout Social,9,2,Publishing Engagement Social Care,Love the content library for creating standard messaging that creates consistency across the organization when it comes to social care. The integration of Nexgate Social Patrol for security to monitor for potential HIPAA or PHI violations Reports on team performance,Further development of the content library for use developing drafts for campaigns that can then be approved before publishing The ability to publish photo galleries Native integration of Instagram and the ability to geotarget Instgram search The ability to monitor competitor and/or industry social channels,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation,I don't think we'd change anything. The reality is that there are many platforms and tools that are available for social media monitoring and engagement. It seems like there is a new one every day. Some of them have good features that are similar to Hootsuite. The difference in my mind is Hootsuite's experience and reputation. They are clearly an established leader that continues to innovate.,No,9,Yes,Standard reports Adding social channels Making assignments to team members Scheduling posts,Integration with LinkedIn is not the best. Not sure where the issue lies, but I can't use the Hootlet tool to schedule a post because it doesn't properly import the picture for the post.,Yes,9,10,8,10,10,Hootsuite took the time to learn about our specific needs related to the channels we utilize and the industry in which we work. They provided several potential solutions and variations from which we could choose. We were able to then provide feedback on what we needed and didn't need when it came to the various features like training, crisis management simulations, scanning for any channels related to our company and price.,Don't be afraid to negotiate. Hootsuite is very willing to work with you to create a custom solution that will meet your specific needs. And, the solution can scale as you grow or your needs change or expand. For instance, you don't have to start with a custom training or education solution. The Hootsuite Enterprise comes with access to Hootsuite Universities extensive library of video training. But, if at a later time you want to implement any of their additional custom training, you can do that. And, it's easy to add seats to the platform as your team grows, or as you expand use throughout your organization.HootSuite Enterprise: Great functionality but at too great a price?We are a small advertising/marketing/PR agency and we have a social media team that uses HootSuite Enterprise to manage client social media accounts, as well as our agency's own accounts. HootSuite Enterprise lets us monitor conversations, schedule messages and run analytics for multiple clients, each with multiple social media accounts, from one shared dashboard without each person having to know passwords or sign in to multiple accounts. Most (but not all) clients also have one or two of their staff members who can share the same dashboard with our staff to form a joint team. After we do initial orientation for our staff or client team members, we can enable them to enroll in "HootSuite University" to continue their education independently. We can quickly build client-specific Twitter lists and integrate a client's existing apps (e.g., Salesforce or Mail Chimp, or Constant Contact) to efficiently implement an advanced social media strategy for our nonprofit, public sector, and small business clients.,Works well with a broad range of social media networks (Google+ pages, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn corporate/groups/individuals, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, FourSquare, Instagram, Storify, ScoopIt, SurveyMonkey, etc.) so everything can be managed (and analyzed) in one place securely. Customized analytic reports can be built for each client and scheduled for automatic distribution on a set schedule. HootSuite University enables self-paced independent learning for new staff and clients. "Template" posts/messages can be developed and saved for each social media team, which ensures quality for routine hiring/recruitment and customer service messages. When monitoring/listening for certain topics, you can easily email or assign specific posts and comments directly to the responsible or interested party.,Although at the Enterprise level there is an expedited support function, we have found the speed and quality of the responses to be spotty. The Enterprise level is extremely pricey and clients routinely downgrade to the Pro version to save money. Only ow.ly links are tracked, so if clients or staff forget or use another app or web version of a social network, no analytics are available. (There is a custom url shortning function, but it is outrageously expensive.) We find that the integrated HootSuite Syndicator and the RSS Reader app are extremely slow and bog down everything, so we continue to subscribe to Feedly to monitor RSS feeds for individual client industries. While pricing at the Pro level is published, the Enterprise pricing is not -- which continually makes us (and our clients) worry that as small firms we are overpaying relative to the Fortune 1000 and other 'big guys.',7,5,Reduced staff time needed for training new clients on HootSuite and social media in general from using HootSuite University. Negative ROI because after training and set up, clients migrate to Pro version to save money. (We are not resellers and do not mark up HootSuite charges, but smaller clients can save significantly by switching from paying their pro rata share of our Enterprise version to a Pro version.) Increased employee efficiency from logging in and scanning/monitoring multiple client accounts from one dashboard.,,6,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was minimal,If a client or staff member has an existing free HootSuite account, the transfer of ownership and set up in HootSuite Enterprise caused confusion. A client administrator inadvertently deleted Twitter lists and account reports that took quite a bit of time to recreate.,8,Building a custom dashboard with streams for each social media network, list or group is a breeze. Building and scheduling custom reports is easy. Integrating apps such as Salesforce or Constant Contact is easy.,Adding a new staff team member or client team member to a fully set up existing client team. People get confused and we'd like to be able to simply 'copy' an existing set up for them Enrollment in HootSuite University is all or nothing. For clients, we'd prefer to be able to select specific modules for them and block modules more appropriate for the agency. The work around for adding more than 10 streams to a tab, or more than 20 (?) tabs to a dashboard is annoying. Just let me add more, rather than make me "add an app" and then convert it to something else.,Yes,9,8Hootsuite? Big fan.Hootsuite is used at my organization in the marketing and communications department. It helps us to efficiently monitor our social media communications and allows for a team that is physically in different locations to all work on the same accounts collaboratively. I love that I have Hootsuite on my phone and can be responsive no matter where I am. It is also very helpful in scheduling communications to go out at predetermined times. On the weekends, for example, it is nice to know that Hootsuite is set up to send out material. It makes my work load more manageable.,Makes communications more efficient by allowing a team to collaboratively monitor communications. Allows users to schedule communications, decreasing the workload. The Hootsuite phone app is a lifesaver, allowing my to monitor my company's communications on the go!,There is room for improvement on the navigation bar on the left hand side of the screen. Analytics could be improved and brought more to the forefront, with support on how to use the analytics reports in presentations. The $9.99 a month seems a little pricey!,10,1,Hootsuite helped us to break down communications silos and communicate efficiently across departments. Hootsuite gives us that extra "manpower" to schedule communications strategically. We know the message will be sent out when it needs to be. Hootsuite has helped increase follower engagement because of the ease of monitoring our accounts with Hootsuite.,,10,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a minor issue with the implementation,Multi-generational training can be challenging.,10,Sending communications. Scheduling tweets. Reviewing mention, retweets and sent tweets.,Analytics could be improved. Adding or removing social media accounts is not entirely obvious. I had to spend some time to do that.,Yes,10You get what you pay forWe use HootSuite Free to initially examine the cross-social media postings and activities of a client. It is too bad of a UI to use as an enterprise edition and too limited in analytics to use as a true client solution but you get what you pay for and it's a very low cost ($0, no setup fee) way to start getting a grip on a client's state of affairs in social media. Its popularity makes it a good initial sell for research purposes before we move to a solution which both has a better UI and has a more client-specific features (namely in reporting and analytics where HootSuite suffers in, perhaps as it's meant for management). HootSuite Free is also useful for increasing activity on clients' social channels at the lowest price just to get the client to feel confident about their social media activity rate before moving onto a more fully featured service. Pro ($14.99/mo) is required for any useful feature so Free is obviously only intended to get users to pay. We use it only on new clients who have naive or no social media experience. We ultimately usher them to mostly SproutSocial (most clients, small to mid) or Percolate (big, corporate clients).,Web-brower based (no more Adobe Air, thankfully) Very fast setup Free means no payment or client billing needed Widely known so easy to sell clients on it The original in social media management remains useable, relevant,Reports are overviews only thus user needs to pay for anything more thus condemning HootSuite Free to management only Publisher, Conversations & Analytics in Free do nothing without Pro payment, so remove it Far slower stream updates than native platforms Questionable security (2FA not defaulted = problem) given sensitive nature of its associated credentials Apps are many & seem useful but no ratings for the developers disallows vetting trust,5,3,Cheap (free) to start monitoring a client's streams & thus how they can make quick changes to posts/content Reasonable functionality given the sheer array of social platforms Increases client confidence as they & we can view the whole social media stream at once for free,,,Initial client social media use monitoring Most basic levels of posting Initial push to increase social media management for early-stage clients Basic UI which anyone can fearlessly use,5,No,Price Prior Experience with the Product Existing Relationship with the Vendor,We can't sell clients immediately into a high cost thus fully featured solution so our social media entry points must start at these lower price points then move up as client confidence grows. Our business requires this gradual development.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,5,No,3,No,None, HootSuite Free has no support possible, only Help Desk read-only articles, no contacting possible without Pro ($14.99/mo).,Web-based Reasonable self-explanatory UI Free cost still includes basic management,No reports beyond overview No Analytics No Conversations No ROI/Metrics No confidence in platform-specific features being supported,5HootSuite Made My Job and Life EasierI used HootSuite Pro in two different capacities. First as a very passive user when an agency we worked with brought it to us. After not finding much use other than scheduling a few Twitter updates, I was ready to end our contract. I reached out to HootSuite directly and quickly changed my tune. Once the agency was cut out of the equation I found the tools available were great. I could publish content to various social channels, review analytics and a monthly call with my very helpful account rep kept me up-to-date on the latest additions. I quickly found myself doing all my engagement via HootSuite. It was a one-stop shopping experience that allowed me to post, respond, and review social activity. Keyword and hashtag searches were easy to set up for both Twitter and Instagram and if I ever had a concern my rep was addressing it ASAP. Now that I don't use it at my new role I realize how helpful their tools were. While it is not the prettiest layout on the market it is effective. The mobile app also came in handy when out in the real world and not near a computer.,Publishing and scheduling social posts. Continuing to build and add new apps that make life easier. Unlimited analytics made for a numbers man dream. Creating and exporting reports was easy. Great account rep, always attentive to my needs.,My only real concern is that some apps they provide require signing up and pay for the services. I felt that if it was being made available to me via Hootsuite which is already paid for then there should not be additional costs. I realize that this probably would drive the price up dramatically but still a bit disappointing seeing a new toy but not being able to touch it. It's not much to look at, drab grey and black. Could be a bit more aesthetically pleasing.,9,Increased employee efficiency Better and more timely customer service Ability to create and share reports with senior management in a nice package,Salesforce.com,9,Social Posting Adding new streams for monitoring Analytics reports,None, I found it really easy to use.,Yes,9HootSuite as one of the leading Social Media management platformsEffective overview of Social Media environment thanks to the well-developed dashboard and customization options. Good tracking & monitoring capabilities thanks to the simplicity of adding required data (tweet) streams. Easy-to-use communication capabilties. The highly intuitive HootSuite dashboard makes it very easy for users to publish new content, and reply to other users, on various different platforms, e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. Integrated link shortener. Effective & customized KPI reports that offer good first overview of business performance with an additional option to integrate your Google Analytics account.,Competitor analysis could be improved in the future. At the moment, HootSuite is lacking superior capabilities around tracking competitor performance. Access to historical data is rather limited, but this is a common issue for most of the tools in this category.,Increased social media community that generates more leads can be partially attributed to the integration of HootSuite into our business activities.,9,,9,2,Social Media management Communication "Buzz" monitoring,9,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training Self-taught,8,From my personal experience and the experience collected from other clients, including complete newcomers, there are no big issues encountered in learning this tool. In case some tips & tricks are necessary, most of answers can be found on the web.,No,8,8,10,9,Integration with Google Analytics may be done in the future, and this is already supported by HootSuite.,Clients considering Pro and Enterprise plans can negotiate on different topics, including how many users are going to work with the tools; what kind of support is necessary; and the amount of credits required to track the data via analytics reports. For this reason, it is advisable to decide exactly how the tool will be used before engaging into a firm business relationship. Bear in mind that you have an option to try things out with a trial account, so use this trial wisely!.HootSuite's EffectivenessIt schedules tweets very well and provides very thorough analytics data. However, they need to improve their abilities to schedule posts to other networking sites.,It doesn't do a great job of scheduling posts for sites other than Twitter. Other than Twitter, posts tend to have less impact and aren't created the way you imagine.,8,2,I'm able to really get an understanding on what tweets are having an impact with my brand's customers.,2,This product allows my brand to schedule tweets for Twitter and analyze their performance.,8,,Implemented in-house,10,Self-taught,Yes, everything with this site is very self explanatory.,5,10,10,8,I would like to integrate Pinterest with it, but so far they haven't offered such integration.,Hootsuite doesn't offer much room for negotiating, but their terms are pretty acceptable. I suggest going with the pro plan if you intend to analyze your campaign's performance.Great Tool - Publishing & SearchPublishes content at scheduled times. Allows me to monitor search results, multiple at a time. Gives me the ease of switching platforms across various brands without logging in and out of channels.,Freezes occasionally.,10,4,Time savings Freedom of publishing content Monitoring of brand mention/context on Twitter (SCRM),2,10,,Implemented in-house,9,Self-taught,It was easy for me to learn. They have online tutorials for anyone seeking training.,No,10,9,8,9,VinTank.,Did not negotiate terms but I did sign up early so my pricing is very cheap.Hootsuite Enterprise for Social Media AgencyAutomating the posting of content across various social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.). It would take a very long time to do this manually. We would have to write our own software and figure out the APIs to do this any other way.,The reporting didn't work particularly well for our clients' needs. Most of our clients were paying too little to warrant in-depth reporting, so it wasn't really a big issue. There are a lot of great reporting modules that our clients just couldn't take advantage of due to their small size. There is a limit (200) on how "tabs" one user can create. This hasn't yet been an issue but it may end up being one. Not much else. It's solid.,Automation of monitoring and posting results in a lot of time and labor savings. We're able to leverage employees at a lower base via the team infrastructure and security levels.,9,10,10,2,Automation of social media account monitoring and content posting for 200+ small business clients.,,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training Self-taught,10,It's pretty intuitive. Getting setup is the toughest part, but it's not terribly difficult.,Yes,10,9,10,9,Google Docs would be great since we build our content calendars using a Google Docs template provided by Hootsuite. It would save us a lot of time exporting and importing batches of content for each client. Pinterest,,We had an initial trial of a couple of months to be sure we could work with the software before committing to a full year. That was great!HootSuite Pro ReviewHandles multiple accounts and platforms with ease. Reduces my time logging in and out of several accounts and improves my productivity.,Sometimes the Twitter API stalls or slows the updating of data.,10,1,There is no such thing as a quantifiable ROI with social media.,1,Social Media productivity. Ease of listening, responding, engaging.,10,,Implemented in-house,10,Online training Self-taught,10,Yes, I taught myself most of the process.,No,10,10,10,9,No.,All spelled out online. No sales hype, no salesperson. Simple.HootSuite ReviewFeatures that seem to work well: Monitoring conversations in real time. Scheduling automatic post. Team management.,When posting across several platforms their can be considerable delays. At times there are system outages.,Direct contact with targeted audience. Staff knowledge of advantages of the system has increased which has led to measurable productivity. Brand awareness.,9,9,12,8,Under the recruiting umbrella it allowed for us to compose the "Iron Triangle" which is the alignment of three different departments. Also, to monitor and engage our audience in an effective manner. Lastly, the collaborative tool that allows for the assignment of task.,,Implemented in-house,9,Self-taught,Training is a MUST and a lot of things will be missed if training is not conducted. Training builds confidence and efficiency with the product!,No,9,8,9,9,Not at this time.,,Internal approval for two years. Signed a one year contract with GSA pricing.Team functionality and clean UI are great.We have tried many different tools and HootSuite is definitely one of the best: We have a huge social media team and one of the best features is the Teams functionality that enables us to configure the product to reflect the way we are structured We can build separate organizations with different team Each team member is in turn mapped to a social media profile, or account (several people can then contribute to a single profile discussion). This functionality enables us to build a highly collaborative platform where we can have multi-threaded conversations with This allows for much deeper conversations that are possible in the single response model of other tools. In addition, product support is highly responsive and We always get our questions answered / issues resolved They are also really good at building in new functionality based on client suggestions. The UI is extremely clean and Great user experience. We do use Radian 6 for analytics – much deeper than HS…search across blogs and forms…don’t use as response tool We use HootSuite for FB and Twitter only,The product does not have any obvious weaknesses, however it cannot do everything we need: HS does not offer sentiment We use Radian6 for this. We also use Radian6 for analytics as the analytics functionality in Radian6 is much deeper and it can search across a wider range of channels, including blogs and In addition, we also use another product called Simply Measured to perform an even deeper level of social Simply Measured has a powerful reporting engine that allows us to build custom reports to drill into any metric we The reporting capabilities in HootSuite are much more pre-packaged,Team functionality is a highly efficient way for groups to manage many different social teams The product is configured to match our organization. Scheduling of tweets and FB posts in advance is also a great time saver.,10,9,97,1,Social listening Publishing / Engagement Team management / workflow Customer support Marketing campaigns Main task is to respond to comments made over social channels to our various game communities Each game has its own Twitter and FB Gamers leave comments / ask questions / makes suggestions (often negative, sometimes / request status updates on unreleased games / ask for others to participate in MMOs (massively multi-player online games). Originally they were surprised to get a rapid response, but know they have come to expect Secondary task is scheduling FB posts / Tweets to multiple accounts and centrally managing multiple accounts,,Implemented in-house,9,Self-taught,My boss trained me, and I did not get any formal training. Occasionally I look at HS University to figure something out.,No,9,9,9,No,,We were on older pricing scale. That account had 30 seats. Recently we added additional seats and in order to do that, we migrated to new pricing scheme. This is more expensive, but HootSuite justifies the higher price by including unfettered access to analytics for all users at no extra cost. However, as we use Radian 6 for analytics, this doesn’t really affect us. Under the new pricing model we can add additional seats for an additional price.Scheduling and analytics both very strong.Scheduling capability is excellent Analytics package is also very strong. Allows us to share detailed campaign performance metrics with our clients. Channel reach is also a key feature. We can post once to five or six channels at the same time which is a huge time saver.,Biggest issue for us right now is the Excel bulk up-loader. Our client firms typically build out content for the month. They share the content with us and we modify and improve it and then schedule out discrete posts on different channels for the month. The easiest way to get client data for the month is to use the bulk up-loader which brings in all of their content in an Excel file. Unfortunately, there are some limitations with the up-loader. Biggest issue is that pictures cannot be uploaded, and we cannot add pictures to content that has been uploaded in this way. This means that we have to schedule posts one at a time which is a big time suck. There have also been some other minor hiccups where items don’t post correctly when using the up-loader.,The biggest operation advantage is automated scheduling which frees up everyone’s time to work on other higher value projects.,10,8,8,2,Initially, our biggest problem was the ability to schedule posts to multiple social channels simultaneously FB, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Google+) on behalf of our clients. The ability to schedule posts to Google+ was actually the reason for upgrading to HootSuite Enterprise. It’s also important for us to monitor and respond to tweets in the same tool For example we have been running hiring campaigns over Twitter and Facebook for some of our clients, and we need a platform that allows us to react quickly. However, we quickly realized that although scheduling is important, the analytics capability is just as important, if not more so. The detailed analytics package not only lets us see how we our campaigns are performing, but it also allows us to share detailed metrics with our clients to justify the fees we charge them. This is now very important. We can export key metrics to CSV or PDF and share with clients.,Yes,Vendor implemented Implemented in-house,10,Online training,10,No,9,10,10,10,We are not integrated to any other systems, but we are connected to multiple social media products: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Google+ etc. Apart from that, we have considered integrating to our built email tool MailChimp (which is possible) but we have not felt the need to do so yet.,Team workflow is crucial for our global team.Supports all the following processes very well: Property (social media channel) Management, Publishing, Scheduling, Team Workflow, Listening/Engagement, Mobile Offering (iPhone / iPad apps are very nicely setup and are crucial for us),Some integrations to social media channels to be improved. For example, publishing photos to Facebook or G+ is problematic. This is important because posting pictures to Facebook has been shown to be the highest performing engagement metric. The issue is that pictures are posted to a single generic photo album and cannot be posted to photo albums specific to our game titles. Photos are posted in a single place and the timeline suffers as a result. In Google + pictures cannot be posted at all through HootSuite. It just creates a link No sharing of posts on FB & G+. Posts to FB from HootSuite cannot be shared. Some analytics modules need improvement, such as those for Twitter and G+ Follower counts, and Click Summaries. These are issues HS are currently working on.,This allows us to maintain our properties globally, even in resource strapped regions or where agencies are being used. Managing a team of this size would be inefficient and/or difficult without a system like this in place.,10,9,20,Publishing data to multiple social channels and having a centralized place to manage them with team functionality are the primary functions we care about, but we also use HootSuite for listening, customer support and marketing campaigns too. Team functionality is particularly important: We really needed a publishing platform for a global team. It's not feasible to share logins to individual properties. Workflow and scheduling are next in order of importance.,Implemented in-house,10,Online training,No,10,10,9,Nothing outside of the provided apps. The social channels we monitor are: o Twitter, Facebook, G+, Instagram and YouTube. These allow us to publish updates to our properties, engage our audience and do some social listening/intelligence. We are not using some 3rd Party Services available in the App Directory (like Constant Contact, Orkut & Get Satisfaction plug-ins). These do not align with our current implementations. However, the App Directory features many integrations (ZenDesk, Evernote, Storify, GoPollGo, etc. and this is a great resource.,• Service, support and training program (Hootsuite University) are all included. You will receive a discount if you pay annually rather than monthly.Reliable, easy-to-use; analytics could be better.Reliable. HootSuite is a very reliable and easy-to-use tool. Good analytics. Scheduling capabilities are really great. We use many student volunteers and this capability makes it possible to manage the entire program with one full-time person managing it. We can maintain an active presence over several channels without having to be post live.,The only drawback is the delay between what is being posted and what I’m seeing on the interface. Use it for weekly reports. Don’t see the most recent posts. For management, I just go to FB. Analytics. Hard to measure. Would love an easier way to track metrics. The reports in HS are helpful but they do not show everything I need to share with management.,10,20,The main ROI is around the efficencies we get from the scheduling functionality.,10,1,The use case is primarily scheduling. Also listening for Twitter mentions. and engagement with propsective students (questions, etc). This is our primary tool for engagement across the board. We use social media to present a positive image of the school. A huge number of high school students use social media to decide where to go to school. Facebook is a great recruitment channel. We use the tool primarily for relationship building and retention. We primarily use the Facebook and Twitter channels to build relationships with current and prospective students and other stakeholders. Centralized management of social media accounts is also very important. We manage multiple accounts and HootSuite is the best way to keep track of them all: Use team functionality. We have eight FB pages, eight Twitter accounts. We also have Google + and Instagram channels but our use of these is much more limited. The primary functions we use the tool for are social listening, publishing and engagement, and centralized team management and workflow.,,Don't know,Self-taught,We have access to HootSuite University, but I have never used it. My former boss trained me on the product, and anything else I need to know I was able to figure out on my own.,No,10,8,10,8,We negotiated an annual contract which included unlimited access to analytics.Enterprise version very intuitive. Analytics weak.HootSuite is an intuitive tool. It really doesn’t need much training The UI is quite similar to Twitter or FB. It’s quite easy to ramp up – especially with access to HootSuite University and the broad range of online training tools. By contrast, Radian6 is not intuitive at all. HootSuite is good at releasing new functionality – there are frequent new releases. For example, they have just released a Chatter like feature. Even though our company has not figured out how to use Chatter effectively and think that it’s probably not for our organization, it does show innovation and a desire to want to keep up with new developments. This is clearly a response to Marketing Cloud. Our Professional Services rep is fantastic. The support team is also very responsive and effective. They always resolve issues immediately. This is particularly impressive considering how much we pay. We use some far more expensive applications that do not have anything close to the same customer service—both from the Support team (bugs) and the Client Success Manager. Thought leadership and category leadership. Hootsuite Enterprise has been adopted by top brands. Perhaps 20% of top brands are using the HootSuite product. This makes it a very easy internal sell.,The number of bugs is surprising. This is not a critical issue– just annoying. They do resolve them quickly, but still a surprise. The Enterprise version has additional analytics. I wish there was a little more sophistication here. Although they are not bad, they are not at the level of Radian6 which has very strong analytics. For example, you can export data as a PDF or export data to Excel for further manipulation. Radian6 also allows for Boolean logic while HootSuite does not. In HootSuite, the reporting interface is very clunky. It does not look like a professional interface. You can definitely see the legacy of the mass-market tool in that the UI has not yet caught up with the Enterprise level product. No SFDC integration. They have not adopted the idea of closed loop marketing. For example, the capability of tying social media campaigns to sales (this tweet contributed to/ resulted in this sale. This does not seem to be part of their DNA. Not as much clarity on future roadmap as we would like. Adding accounts for users is a bit awkward. Still evolving into an enterprise solution—in some ways, parts of the free or freemium tool are still visible in the Enterprise interface.,8,7,Productivity. Scheduling is great. I particularly like the Hootlet button installed in browser. When searching on the Internet, and I want to promote brand / industry content, I click on the button and HootSuite automatically shortens the URL, pulls in the title, etc. This simple thing is a huge time saver. I don’t have to do any cutting and pasting. Also the auto-scheduler is a very cool feature. It’s a set and forget thing which allows HootSuite to decide on the best time to push out a tweet. Looking at re-tweets that catch fire, I can say that this works extremely well. Whatever algorithm they have is very effective. Anything auto-scheduled does better than content that is not auto-scheduled. This is kind of amazing. It also allows you to tweak the time (for example, we may not want posts to go out to close to each other).,,0,The primary processes are Publishing /Engagement and Team Management / Workflow (centralized management of multiple accounts) As social media has burst onto scene, every department is doing some kind of social outreach which makes for a management problem. We had no centralized way to manage all of various social media accounts. We wanted a hub with all identities in one place and a way to manage all the various handles. We also wanted a way to respond to posts across different accounts across channels with some workflow management. You can set permissions on accounts so that people can do certain things but not others. Permissioning is actually more flexible than in Pardot—you can adjust read-only versus publish privileges for each social network and designate an admin for each team, so there are more options than with Pardot, which only has a few set roles. Related to this is employee turnover. We need to be able to manage “ghost account” created by employees who have left. For many of our accounts, people who had ownership were had since left the company and we could not access these accounts. The other primary use case was to increase overall productivity. By being able to post to several networks at once.,8,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training,7,No,10,7,10,10Usability quite poor.Publishing original content Publishing responses to customer engagement,Across the board, usability is poor. I find it extremely difficult to navigate and perform common functions Reporting is labor intensive, requiring me to build nearly everything by hand Listening is difficult because streams UI is confusing and disjointed Influencer identification is a hidden function that I had to search the internet for help to find,5,2,I am saving time by utilizing a platform that allows me to publish to multiple social accounts at once. I am able to gather click-through data without having to utilize a separate service.,,1,Publishing original content, sharing interesting articles, and responding to customer engagement Listening for conversations about my brand, my industry, and my competition,5,,Don't know,5,Online training Self-taught,6,Yes and no. I have evaluated so many similar systems and I have experience building one of these systems. Based on that experience, I could find the major functions on my own. However, the usability problems made it more difficult than it should have been for me.,No,7,4,8,7,No, I have been able to add most other systems I wanted through their app directory,Not applicableBest team-oriented SMM tool available!It is hands down, the best team-oriented social media management application. The ability to delegate and centralize workflow for social media management make it a great pick.,Nowhere,10,2,If I used the reporting, we could determine ROI through hootsuite,,1,Social media marketing Social media listening,10,,Implemented in-house,10,Self-taught,Yes, especially for users of any other social dashboard,No,6,7,10,10,No,No - purchased as-isGood user experience, but slow.Consolidates feeds and provides a convenient dashboard to view all feeds.,It is slow,7,6,We have more direct contact with clients.,,2,Marketing and keeping in touch with our networks.,7,,Implemented in-house,8,Self-taught,Yes, Out of Box experience.,No,,,10,7,Social networks,No,none
Hootsuite

Hootsuite Reviews

Hootsuite
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 23 of 374 Hootsuite ratings and reviews.

Matthew Hardesty profile photo
June 20, 2016

Review: "Hootsuite Pro: Affordable, but lacking in features."

Usability

The layout of horizontal columns for each stream or search is a very cumbersome way to display information. There isn't an easy way to sort, filter, or otherwise re-organize the streams to limit the current view to relevancy. This is one of the primary reasons why we plan to move to another platform.
Read Matthew Hardesty's full review
Michael Yoder profile photo
December 23, 2015

Hootsuite Review: "Enterprising!"

Usability

The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because I'd love to have more streams on my screen at a time. At this point, the maximum number of streams you can have on the screen is four. I'd like to be able to have at least six or eight. Anyway, it's usability is excellent!
Read Michael Yoder's full review
Pat Heffernan profile photo
April 08, 2015

Review: "HootSuite Enterprise: Great functionality but at too great a price?"

Usability

HootSuite Enterprise is intuitive and easy to use except for a few advanced functions, such as specific app integrations (which may reflect the app versus HootSuite). HootSuite University offers how-to training on every function.
Read Pat Heffernan's full review
Loryn Guiffre, MBA profile photo
November 04, 2014

User Review: "Hootsuite? Big fan."

Usability

I find Hootsuite to be very easy to use, though there are a couple things that need improvement. Overall, I think Hootsuite is an awesome tool and it helps me to do my job and do it well. I have been a fan for years, tried other products, but none of them come close to Hootsuite.
Read Loryn Guiffre, MBA's full review
Richard Chen profile photo
October 30, 2014

Hootsuite Review: "You get what you pay for"

Usability

Its UI is very busy, the result of many years of adding features as the number of social media platforms exploded underneath them, and the lack of platform-specific features (whether for streams, posting, reporting, anything) reflects it. Nonetheless, for free management & quasi-updated stream viewing, it still remains the original and classic. The UI's lackings aren't in its 1990 borders-and-table-bezel glory but rather its not supporting platform specific features (such as image sizing, see my earlier points) which can be so critical. Too many fly-in's and fly-outs as well as the very different designs resulting from left-menu selections for mode really make it an anxious UI to use.
Read Richard Chen's full review
Igors Skute profile photo
November 13, 2014

Review: "HootSuite as one of the leading Social Media management platforms"

Usability

HootSuite is a tool that can be used by experienced marketers and also by people completely new to Social Media. The tool is very easy-to-use for everyone and it allows to track your social media performance in fast and effective way.
Read Igors Skute's full review
Erik Blair profile photo
October 24, 2013

"HootSuite Pro Review"

Usability

Works on cell phone and laptop computer with multiple platforms and accounts.
Read Erik Blair's full review
August 26, 2013

"HootSuite Review"

Usability

It is really important to go through all of the videos and take the test in HootSuite University in order to experience the benefits of the product. Staff members lost interest when they could not understand basic functions of the product. Some of the task are a bit cumbersome and will require several views to execute (Geo-Location and Targeting).
November 12, 2012

Hootsuite Review: "Scheduling and analytics both very strong."

Usability

• Usability is one of the great strengths of HootSuite. It has a simple, clean and uncluttered user interface which means that the software is very intuitive and self-explanatory.
• Scheduling could not be simpler. We can explain how to do it to our interns in just a few minutes.
February 06, 2013

Hootsuite Review: "Usability quite poor."

Usability

Publishing is a disjointed process where the elements of content and destination are actually separated. Listening forces me into a hierarchical organization that in not intuitive and forces me to navigate back and forth between streams constantly. Reporting forces me to build out everything by hand, instead of showing me the obvious metrics every social marketer needs right away.
January 24, 2013

Hootsuite Review: "Best team-oriented SMM tool available!"

Usability

They have training available as well. The learning curve is a result of the multitude of listening abilities provided, with no clear direction. HootSuite allows you to add streams and keyword searches, but it takes knowledge and experience to know what what to listen for, what to monitor, what keywords to use, etc. to get any value out of these features. HootSuite is not a cure-all for the social media novice.
November 20, 2012

Hootsuite Review: "Good user experience, but slow."

Usability

Having multiple social networks personally and the fact that different employees have different social media preference, HootSuite allows that freedom, yet analytics and updates can be achieved for multiple social networks from one dashboard.

Boolean keyword searches (55)
Filtering out noise/spam (58)
6.5
Sentiment analysis (52)
Broad channel coverage (71)
Content planning and scheduling (89)
Audience targeting (67)
Content optimization (71)
Workflow management (75)
Automated routing and prioritization (54)
Customer interaction histories (60)
Bulk actions (67)
Lead generation (41)
Content marketing (68)
Paid media management (37)
6.6
Campaigns and promotions (58)
Twitter (88)
Facebook (87)
LinkedIn (78)
Google+ (55)
Instagram (70)
Pinterest (40)
YouTube (38)
Campaign success analytics (72)
Real-time tracking (72)
Competitor analysis (50)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (72)
Mobile access (79)

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite Integrations

Google Analytics, Allocadia, Brandwatch, 123FormBuilder (formerly 123ContactForm)

Hootsuite Competitors

Adobe Social, Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Oracle Social Cloud, Radian6, Sprout Social, Viralheat, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr Social + Messaging Suite

Hootsuite Technical Details