Monday: A Marketer's Best Friend
Updated December 04, 2020

Monday: A Marketer's Best Friend

Overall Satisfaction with monday.com

• Monday has saved us a lot of time tracking down the status and work that has already been done for a given project by allowing us to store it all in one place.
  • Monday has improved the workflow of my team by ensuring team members don't lose track of an assigned project and allowing me to prioritize them in their boards.
We utilize Monday to plan upcoming marketing campaigns, delegate who will work on them, track their progress, and ensure we are not overlapping campaigns to the same audience. We also have a Monday Board to track our individual task lists outside of campaigns. After seeing how we utilized Monday in Marketing, our IT department also purchased their own subscription and uses it to organize and delegate their projects.

Pros

• Organization: Everything we need to know (who's working on it, when it's due, who it's for, etc.) in one place.
  • Customization: You can customize your boards to display exactly the information you need for each project.

Cons

• You cannot add only one user. If you have 5 and you hire one more person, you have to upgrade to 10 users.
  • It took me a long time to learn that I could easily share a read-only link with my management team, and even when I did learn about it, I have a hard time finding the link to share it again.
Monday is always quick to respond and offers various resources (videos, step by step guides, etc.) to answer our questions quickly and effectively. They offer plentiful free webinars throughout the year to explain new features and have open discussions about effective ways to use their program.

Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?

Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?

Would you buy monday.com again?

We have tried many other project management programs. In the end, we were able to customize Monday more easily to fit our team's needs and handle more things in Monday than the others. It's nice to have everything in one place (campaign planning, team task lists, upcoming deadlines, tracking the programs we use and annual renewal dates, etc.).
Now that I have used Monday to organize my Marketing Department, I can't imagine managing my team without it!

monday.com Feature Ratings

Mobile Access
Timesheet Tracking
Change request and Case Management

monday.com & Collaboration

Currently each team in our company using Monday has a separate account. However, Monday allows you to share links to "view only" versions of your boards, which allows us to easily keep other departments up to date on what Marketing campaigns we have coming up and the status/priority of certain projects.

Our Marketing Team was the first to start using Monday, and now two other departments have adopted it after seeing how we use it. As more departments realize the potential of Monday, we are considering expanding Monday company-wide and using their automation tools to pass tasks on from one department to another automatically once a specific status is set.
Monday allows us to easily track the status of each project and who it is assigned to as well as easily organize all notes and files for that task. You can setup automations to trigger emails when a project reaches a certain status. For example, any time a project is set to "ready for review", management receives an email. The customization capabilities allowed us to setup the columns we needed to be able to easily identify whether campaigns intended for the same audience are overlapping.

Comments