It just works, unlike its competition

It just works, unlike its competition

Modules Used

• Remote Support

Overall Satisfaction with Splashtop Enterprise

Splashtop Remote Support is used by our small IT department to support and remotely access computers across our institution. We use it in place of Microsoft Remote Desktop and Apple Remote Desktop. It is accessible via both our desktop computers and our mobile devices, and most recently we started using it via Chromebooks.
  • Affordable
  • Hidden from the end user
  • Responsive company
  • Need a better marketing department
  • Support for older devices could be better
  • Better defaults, such as hiding in the Windows Start menu
  • Improved response times to our support tickets.
  • Faster problem resolution because we do not have to physically visit the device.
  • No time lost due to the tool not working properly.
Prior to Splashtop, I was a big advocate of using LogMeIn's product. However, LogMeIn's products have been unaffordable since the merger with Citrix. In my experience and evaluation, TeamViewer's line of products has been difficult to use even on a good day. My evaluations never went far enough to engage in pricing discussions. Splashtop Remote Support is just something that has fit my needs exactly, and in a recent conversation with the CEO, I was impressed at how much his vision aligned with what I was looking for from his company.
It's not a matter of how likely I am to recommend Splashtop, the fact is that it is the only remote support tool that I recommend. While LogMeIn and TeamViewer dominate the field, neither are affordable for small organizations. Splashtop Remote Support is trivial to use and install and has saved my organization thousands over LogMeIn.

Splashtop Enterprise Feature Ratings

Screen sharing
File transfer
Instant message
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers
Over-the-Internet remote session
Initiate remote control from mobile
Remote management of servers & workstations
Centralized management dashboard
Session record
Monitoring and Alerts
Multi-platform remote control

Splashtop Enterprise Support

In my years using Splashtop Remote Support, I have only had to use Support on a couple of occasions. When I have, the answer has been quick and exactly what I was looking for. It literally is a tool that we just do not worry about. The only complexity has been some minor changes in licensing, however to this date we have been grandfathered in on older, lower-cost pricing.

Using Splashtop Enterprise

Compared to other tools, I have found Splashtop to be a product that I do not have to worry about once it is installed. More often than not, remote support tools are mission-critical in emergencies and unlike others, Splashtop has not let me down in emergencies. It's easy to use, and I can use it from whatever device I have in hand when there is an emergency.