We love Zuora!
Updated March 16, 2016
We love Zuora!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zuora
Zuora enables recurring billing and flexible pricing for HMH Consumer web, iOS, and soon, Android applications. We integrate Zuora with our front end web based registration systems, and our general ledger system. It is not used enterprise wide, but is critical for the Consumer division.
- Zuora's Subscription modeling, particularly around pricing flexibility, is very well thought out. Whenever Marketing wants to try something new for pricing / discounting, we are able to support their requests.
- Zuora's Revenue Recognition and GL integration is great. Many legacy GL and ERP systems do not do revenue recognition well across all use cases, including returns, discounts, and credits. Zuora has thought all of this out very very well.
- Zuora's APIs and technical integration is very well thought out. This allowed us to integrate our eCommerce, Access & Entitlement, and GL integration with few issues along the way.
- Zuora is more focused on a B2B scenario, and always creates A/R when billing. In the case of a B2C business, we do not know if a customer will choose to renew when faced with a decision. Before the fact billing, and then the customer choosing not to pay that bill, is not AR for us. Therefore, we would like to see some type of Proforma functionality, so we can bill ahead of time without financial booking until they pay. Another option could be to allow payment to be collected without an invoice generated first.
- Allow Payment Run to be initiated via API.
- Allow Month End Close to be initiated via API.
We have achieved the benefit of offering different lengths of access for different price points. We have also successfully implemented Coupon Codes, and rate plans that are only exposed on the website when a certain URL parameter is passed, so we can perform more targeted promotions. All of these scenarios are handled perfectly from a financial perspective by Zuora, which makes our Finance department very happy!
- klopotek and Aria
Zuora has many advantages over Klopotek, particularly in the fact that it is a SaaS solution, and it does not have legacy code baggage weighing it down. Also, Zuora is very focused on what it is, and not focused on what it is not. Klopotek tries to be a Publisher workflow and order to cash system. Regarding Aria, we chose Zuora over Aria in the RFP process, mainly because Zuora seems greatly more simple to use and implement vs. Aria.
3 - Need to understand technical implementation details of our setup, financial principles as we have implemented, and Subscription life cycle.
- Zuora is the billing and subscription management engine for our digital subscriptions registration websites.
- Customer services uses it to provide credits and refunds for customers.
- We use Zuora to manage coupons and discounts.
- It has helped us provide more creative pricing and discounting offers to our consumers.
Evaluating Zuora and Competitors
Yes - SAP. Recurring Billing options not flexible enough for Consumer Subscription business.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
RFP process led to feature by feature comparison. Plus, the onsite presentation by Zuora was much better than the competition.
I think Zuora did a great job. However, they could have provided more guidance on how to deal with out Payment Gateway and Processor provider, as well as guidance around providing a Mobile Responsive experience for sites using the Zuora HPM.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - Introducing a new system responsible for invoicing and financial functions, along with Subscription management, was a big change for the company. However, when the reasons why we were going this direction were explained, people were on board and came together.
While responsiveness is great, sometimes it can take some time for them to tell us what's going on, even if the problem is not really a Zuora issue, but rather an issue on our side.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes. At year end, I was under the gun to fix some orders in our system in order to reconcile with our Financial system within our rules. I was able to get our implementation consultant on the phone, who was long off our account, and he helped me well after hours to fix the data. It was very helpful, both personally and for my company.
The business of Subscription Management, including taking on Financial functions, is complex by nature. Zuora has done a great job of logically separating data and functions into easy to understand components, and that logical organization flows into the usability of the system.
Like to use
Easy to use
Feel confident using
Lots to learn
- Refunds and Credits can be a bit overwhelming the first few times. It is easy now, but takes some time.