Likelihood to Recommend
Well-suited for simple landing pages which don't have any complex functionality. Great for creating landing pages for lead generation campaigns - as it comes with tons of excellent templates and a variety of forms. Not great for pages that contain a lot of information and can potentially be very long. We found that Instapage is not a great fit for building pages that need to be updated frequently, like a blog page.
It's great if you want an easy-to-use but extremely robust tool for producing effective online marketing pages since it makes production work enjoyable and inspires fresh creativity. It also offers wonderful split-testing capabilities which can enhance marketing results. But if you're looking for an out-of-the-box collection of standardized, one-size-fits-all marketing resources, you really might want to consider looking elsewhere.
- Instapage makes it easy to frame out a landing page really quickly. They provide template blocks for various components of a landing page (header, features, testimonials, etc.) that you can easily modify for your own needs. Other tools provide whole-page templates, but I much prefer the section-level templating. It's more convenient to assemble a page this way and add the details on top of that versus taking a finished template and peeling away design and functional elements to get what I want.
- Instapage's mobile auto-resizer works better than other platforms I've used. I found that I had many fewer adjustments on their auto-resizing of the full page than I've experienced with other tools. I still had to work with text size a bit, but they generally did a better job of ordering elements for mobile the way I would want and maintain proportionality of page elements better.
- Instapage has a lot of integrations that marketers will love. I don't know if they particularly stand out in this respect, but this is a particularly important aspect of their tool that most marketers will care about.
- Leadpages integrates well with many of the main software that businesses use like Infusionsoft, Hubspot, Marketo, Mailchimp, GoToWebinar, and Wordpress. This allows your landing pages to be integrated well into the other processes you have with your business.
- Leadpages makes it easy to build professional looking landing pages without having to hire someone else or have coding skills. Their drag and drop builder makes it easy enough to use and get the hang of. I particularly love the hundreds of templates they provide for you to help give you ideas and get you going faster.
- They also have a Leadbox function that has also been super useful in being able to get other types of forms up on our website. These forms provide some functionality that our website wouldn't have had without them.
Employee in MarketingFarming Company, 51-200 employees
- There are only a couple of minor issues that I dislike. One is offering a Drupal community-approved update to their module. We are using a slightly older version of Drupal and it appears they don't have plans to offer a Drupal-approved update to their module for that version.
- There are also random bugs when trying to format text. For example, sometimes a sans serif font appears as a serif and doesn't seem to want to change.
- If you work with a template and some code, it can be challenging to edit the default coding.
- The built-in forms can be a bit limiting.
- The program will try to automatically reformat for mobile, but it may not always be exactly the way you want it to look, so there is a bit of redesigning required when going to mobile.
Manager in MarketingHigher Education Company, 10,001+ employees
- While most of the editing functions are easy to figure out, some of the finer details to get spacing, sizing, alignment and layout just right can take some trial and error if you don't have formal training in the tool. A lot of the editing tools are collapsed into sections, and finding just what you're looking for can sometimes be a challenge.
- I don't believe the version we used had a page optimizer or optimization score, which I have seen on other landing page builders. This may be a feature of a more premium version of the tool or may have been turned off by the product manager, but it would be a helpful feature.
Based on 2 answers
I've tried all of the other landing page services on the market, and this is literally the easiest to use. I am not a designer or software developer, just a simple guy and if I can learn how to use it, anyone can. That's what won me over. Their support and pre-made templates are awesome, but the usability is what I love!
Based on 1 answer
I would give it a 10, for me, I love all the features. For the average person, the number of choices on a landing page could create a decision paradox. Thankfully the pre-designed landing page templates do not require a lot of decisions for a landing page newbie.
Based on 1 answer
Again, support is just awesome. I've never had any issues go over 24 hours and the people are friendly and speak English really well.
Based on 8 answers
Leadpages support is helpful, they also created many resources to help people create good funnels and learn about small things that matter when doing marketing. The affiliate program is good and could be something which pays for your subscription. People like Leadpages because its been recommended by many influencers participating in affiliate program and also because it just works without problems and does the job. But right now alternatives should be taken in consideration, as there are many other projects that could do it better and cheaper.
General Manager in OtherRetail Company, 1-10 employees
HubSpot was terrible because it required a lot of coding experience if you wanted to work outside the given 4-5 templates. If you wanted a new template built, or to rebrand existing templates, they charged you. Very inflexible program and was very challenged by it. Our main website was built using WordPress, which is great for building webpages, but more difficult to build a landing page without the distraction of the top navigation menu. Instapage literally answered all the problems we were seeking to address: simplicity, customization, ease of use.
Well, Drip is part of Leadpages, however it is more of what the title means. It does drip campaigns, where they come in and it drips them all over the place finding out what they truly need. The other platforms are fairly good, but they do not have all the functions that Leadpages does and certainly are not near as user-friendly with drop and drag or live interactions on some of these.
Return on Investment
- We've not had much of a conversion rate on some of our landing pages -- but this could be because we are relatively green with the marketing side of things and forget to send people to it. It's not easy for people to find on their own -- so I highly recommend you use some of the "hidden" SEO tools to increase the ROI. Without it, you're not going to be happy with your investment.
- Since implementing Leadpages into our active market campaigns we've seen a significant increase in conversions, lead flow, and quality of client.
- Responsive pages has made mobile advertising a breeze
- Detailed data tracking makes it easy to identify which pages are converting the most.
InstapageSee All (8) Instapage Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Instapage Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details*Pricing for annual contract.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Leadpages Editions & Modules
- Per Month (Paid Annually)