- Tax Document Management (6)9.797%
- 3rd-Party Software Integrations (5)9.393%
- Complex Tax Scenario Management (5)9.393%
- Compliance Administration Management (6)9.393%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Canopy, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tracks the due dates of an operation or project.
- Supports taxation, more so VAT and filing of returns.
- The inventory control also supports companies.
- Clients have individualized portals.
- Canopy lacks scenario planning, which is essential.
- No payroll management from Canopy.
- Canopy fails to allow multi currency support.
- The top of this list is customer service without a doubt.
- Innovating and updating the platform
- Taking and implementing feedback from customers
- Implement Organizers for business clients
- Allow customization of Organizers
- Continue focusing on a great CRM as opposed to tax prep software
- Interface is easy to use & understand
- Single view of all things tax
- Transcript delivery is great
- They can add a few more columns to interface to include total tax liability amount
- Reporting of data can be more inclusive
Singular database for all tax data
Transcript interface is great
- Customer service.
- All in one database.
- Cutting edge improvements with customer feedback.
- Extremely adaptive settings.
- Add texting into portal communication stream.
- Good research on what info needs to be included in IRS response letters.
- Obtainment of transcripts actually does not save time. Quicker to get transcripts directly from IRS than to use the Canopy feature. Oftentimes the obtainment of transcripts feature was not working.
- IRS penalty abatement letters section was not user-friendly. Our staff often ended up just doing the letters to IRS manually.
- Very poor customer service.
- Good file management
- The portal system works well, even for tech challenged clients
- The client survey is a fast, painless way to prepare financial statements.
- The transcript system is down more than it's up
- The portal can be daunting for some users
- It is difficult to interface with joint returns
It wouldn't work well for a solo practitioner.
Over time it's performance has degraded to the point where we are actively seeking alternatives to some of the modules.
- Very good at process control. It's very clear how the data flows from within the software to out of it.
- Very streamlined as we have a large team that is able to pick up processes where others have left off.
- Really enjoy the reporting aspects. It's crisp, clean, and informative.
- Transitions from one screen to the next.
- Documentation just takes a little time to get up to speed.
- Visual appearance could always be improved.
Great for end-to end-reporting across tax compliance groups. Doesn't really handle large groups very well.
Could really use a more simplified approach for C-suite presentations.
It's really great at transitioning jobs from one user to the next. Although a simple email to let the user know could be very useful.
- The ability to tag clients in the CRM helps create robust mailing campaigns.
- The new dashboard feature lets senior management evaluate progress in tasks across the organization.
- Secure document sharing is invaluable.
- Connectivity with Outlook for email tracking - the connection is sometimes lost and there is no notification. You just look for your email trail and there is nothing.
- Electronic signatures for multiple contacts on one document with some fields being optional would be a great help.
- Being able to see contact transcripts in the client record view versus just the transcript screen would be more efficient.
- Client portal
- File storage
- Task management
- Client communication
- Document Signing
- Ability to save and/or email transcripts within the software
- Syncing with Tax Preparation Software (i.e. Drake, ProConnect)
- As TheCPATaxProblemSolver, Canopy is a great timesaver in helping me complete IRS Offer In Compromises. An Offer in Compromise (OIC) is an IRS program that allows taxpayers to settle their liabilities for less than the full amount owed.
- I use analytics contained in the state-of-the-art Canopy tax resolution software to calculate smart recommendations based on each unique case to arrive at the best solution and prepare successful cases.
- Canopy tax has an all in one practice management software. It features Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Document Management, Workflow Management, as well as Billing and Invoicing
- The practice management function could stand to have more "canned" workflows.
- The file sharing is intuitive and works more like a repository of shared files rather than a file delivery system so you have historical documents at a glace. We've been able to eliminate our file server by using the cloud based file system.
- Tasks help us delegate work appropriately and manage our projects. It also forces workflows to follow standard operating procedures creating a consistent experience for our clients.
- The tax resolution module saves us HOURS of time on the phone with the IRS and creating forms. It's fully automated and does a lot of the work for you, ramping up profitability.
- We've found some issues with email logging but support is always on top of it and resolves the issue.
- The signature request module does not allow 'not required' fields so my clients can not pick one of three products from a list when signing up for services. This has forced us to keep our electronic signature requests in another system.
- Clients are not automatically assigned to the entire team (therefore they don't appear in searches and look like they don't exist to that team member) upon creation unless you dig a bit into your settings (even this has been hit or miss on new client set up).