Reviews (1-4 of 4)
August 15, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
It’s been used by one segment of the business. It was recently implemented to address issues with project budgeting/profit.
Read Thiago Beda, SHRM-CP's full review
It’s well suited if you want to have visibility on the cost of your projects. Not good at all for the support/back office areas.
June 11, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Deltek Ajera is used to manage engineering projects, track employee time and expenses on projects, generating billing as well as run the company financials. Prior to using Ajera, we had to use 3 different products and manual processes to do the same job. Deltek Ajera greatly streamlines the workflow, ensures accurate costing and makes invoicing very simple.
- Generation of invoices, multiple invoice types and easy to customize for clients' needs.
- Report customization via data inquiries and custom report system.
- Accurate entry and tracking of timesheets
- They are working towards being browser agnostic. Ajera is still quite dependent on Internet Explorer's Runonce features for many functions.
- Developing custom SQL queries is quite difficult given the highly interdependent DB structure. No meaningful data dictionary is available.
- Their support department isn't always responsive.
- We'd like more options for electronic payments for AP/EFT.
Read this authenticated review
For small to medium engineering and architecture firms, Ajera appears to be the right size. Beyond the engineering software, Deltek Ajera has all the features a small to medium firm will need for smooth operation. AR, AP, Payroll, reporting, project management are all in one package. We chose to self-host because the licensing was more cost effective for us, but cloud hosting is also available.
June 28, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
We use Ajera across our entire organization. It helps all of our offices see what is going on and keeps our data entry in one place. Corporate is able to gather information across the company to see where we are and where we need to go. We have been able to see more information than we were previously able to do. Since the software is live, we are able to see it in an instant.
- Widgets are the best feature of Ajera. Designers can make tiny reports for the entire company, or for one or two individuals. These little reports are the first things that the employee sees when they log in. Viewers of the reports are able to filter, sort, group, print or export the widget without impacting the other users. Deltek has been releasing new features that allow the editing of data in widgets. You can now create new projects or edit timesheets from the widgets.
- Credit card importing and credit card reconciliation in Ajera has greatly decreased time spent by administration. You can import credit card transactions from your credit cards. It saves on data entry, and it is easy to see what receipts you are missing when you get the statement.
- Mobile timesheets and expense reports help engineers or other users enter their time and expenses as they are on the go. They can take pictures or receipts or submit their timesheet from home.
- The Project Command Center is a one stop fountain of information. Everything the project manager wants to know about a project can be found here. You can also add custom fields that allow you to tract addition information.
- The complaint I here from our employees is often that there is a lot of Data entry. However, looking at the levels of data entry we saw when shopping for software, Ajera was one of the least.
- Custom fields in Ajera are great. But it would be nice if there was more options for how they appear on the page.
- About once a year there is a big update to Ajera with new features. Usually right after the update, there are a few glitches in the software. However, Deltek always releases corrections very quickly.
Read this authenticated review
Ajera is great for small firms in the AE industry. I would not use Ajera if you are not in the AE industry or if you are a very large company. It is the perfect software for those small companies that can not get the information they want from QuickBooks type softwares.
November 15, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
We are currently using Deltek Ajera throughout the entire organization. We use it to track our time and also for project management. It assists us with project management purposes by tracking time for each project and assisting with ensuring our project is on budget. We monitor each project by printing and reviewing weekly reports for each project.
- Setting up project numbers and task numbers for each project so you can bill time to each project. You can then easily track costs.
- You can easily create customizable reports to show what data you want to capture in an easily readable format for you to read and compare.
- Time sheets are easy to enter for each employee as long as the project numbers, over head numbers, etc., are entered.
- Expense sheets are easy to enter as long as project number, over head numbers, etc., are entered.
- Would be nice if the reports would have more creativity with the ability to add more charts and graphics.
- The user interface for time sheets could be more user-friendly.
- The user interface for expense sheets could be more user-friendly.
Read this authenticated review
I think Ajera would be well suited for small to medium sized firms, especially engineering, architect, medical offices, car dealerships, and construction type firms. I think it would be less appropriate for large size firms as there would be limitations and they would need a separate platform for their marketing information (proposals, resumes, etc.). It would be much better if this information would be kept all together.
Deltek Ajera Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Deltek Ajera
Deltek Ajera puts projects and people at the center of the business so users have the visibility to deliver successful projects. It’s time to start optimizing resources, improve cash flow and increase profitability. Deltek Ajera aims to give users the actionable insight needed to proactively manage projects and improve client satisfaction with a project-based solution designed for firms.
Deltek Ajera Screenshots
Monitor project progress and performance with the Project Command CenterManage all your information in one place for a complete view of your businessKeep teams on track with project planning and resource managementSpeed up the billing process and improve cash flow with AjeraEasily update timesheets and expense reports from anywhere with Ajera
Deltek Ajera Competitors
Deltek Ajera Technical Details