- Powerful incident handling outside the box thinking and very nice features such as canned responses.
- Adding a field to forms to fit your needs and customization.
- Reporting, adding more reports would be nice since the reports available are very restrictive.
- Documentation, sometimes there's lack of or not that comprehensive for the users.
- Integration with 3rd party apps, this needs to get better, sometimes integrations with detailed documentation just fail.
Previously, our IT documentation, inventory, and licensing were spread across several systems which made it inefficient for our organization. Additionally, we liked the self-service capabilities of the service catalog that is built-into the software.
- Change management is a great asset of the system. It allows you to gain approvals, and document the entire process. Over the years we have chosen specific routes to address technology needs on campus only to wonder why did it that way a few years down the road.
- The service catalog is valuable in that allows you to detail everything you can provide to your constituents. You can create your own forms, indicate anticipated delivery, and specify costs. This puts great information in front of your users from the get go.
- The CMDB allows you to keep inventory of all assets, hardware and software, and create relationships. The information you put into the system can assist in decision-making, troubleshooting, and monitoring ROI.
- Freshservice's built-in reports offer quick metrics to monitor your service goals
- While the CMDB is robust and helpful, you don't have much control over the view when looking at the preview grid.
- We previously used the sister product, Freshdesk, and we appreciated the built-in chat feature. It would be nice to see Freshservice add this to their product so that we don't have to rely on third-party systems to communicate inter-departmentally, or with constituents.
- The ticket system is intuitive and has some great features. But one of the things that is inherent with technical support is multi-part tasks related to a particular solution. While Freshservice allows you to create tasks that must be completed which you can assign to any of the other agents, it would be nice to be able to create task templates for situations that require several standard sub-tasks. For example, with computer setups if you could apply a "setup" template that identifies the various steps that must be completed so that you can monitor progress more closely, and offer quality assurance.
Freshservice Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Freshservice is a cloud-based service desk and IT service management (ITSM) solution that currently serves more than 10,000 SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers worldwide.
Freshservice is designed using ITIL best practice, to help IT organizations to focus on exceptional service delivery and customer satisfaction. According to the vendor, customers choose Freshservice based on ease to use, speed of setup, customer service, and affordability.
The vendor also says Freshservice has an intuitive UI, is easily configurable and customisable to meet customers’ exact requirements, and is easily integrated with other business and IT systems. Native integrations with a number of popular cloud services such as Google Apps, Dropbox, AWS, and Bomgar are available.
Freshservice is part of the Freshworks Inc product family, whose products include Freshdesk Customer Support Software, Freshsales CRM Software etc. – with more than 100,000 customers worldwide, including Cisco, Honda, 3M, The Atlantic, and QuizUp.
Freshservice Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Freshservice Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese|