Reviews (1-25 of 45)
Currently, Freshservice is just used by our IT department. We've been discussing how other departments, like our Library Services or Campus Operations departments, could use Freshservice for their ticketing and communication, as well as having their own customer portal. I'm hoping our success will lead those departments to adopt Freshservice.
We had separate, clunky ticket systems in the past. We had no customer portal for information or interaction, and our asset tracking was based out of a spreadsheet. Having all these components integrated into one system has improved our speed and quality of service to our customers. We can add assets to service tickets for better asset management. We have all our knowledge articles and customer interaction in one location instead of several different web-based resources.
- Customized customer portal and ticketing system - We have specific information we want our customers and team to access. Freshservice allows us to have all that exactly as we want.
- Freshchat integration - Having the chat portal integrated on our customer portal has improved our ability to communicate and quickly resolve issues. We have the chat widget on our main customer portal through Freshservice and our Moodle LMS.
- Asset tracking and integration - we have the ability to track our assets from anywhere now. It makes field service calls so much easier since we don't have to rely on a spreadsheet on our server. We can also connect service tickets to assets so our repairs and changes are more accurate.
- Mobile App - having the mobile app boosts our ability in the field. We can tag assets from the app to make changes and updates. We can provide the same service on the road as we can in our offices.
- I don't know why, but we have some integration between Freshservice and Freshchat. But it is minor.
- Web-based : issues can be reported from any device
- Mobile apps : issues can be reported by using an app and reported issues can be tracked by the user
- Asset-management : a Probe scans the devices and maintains installed software on devices
- Maintenance of software assets : Freshservice reports the installed software, but if a device is retired, the software remains registered in the software assets. It would be better to have an option to clean it up.
- Software assets are registered per software-release : there is no way to get an export of one software-asset at once, you have to export them per release. In case of programs like Firefox it's time consuming
Freshservice has given us the capability to easily design workflows to automate redundant tasks and free up our agents to focus on the real work.
We like the API tools but have found some bugs that are being corrected at this time.
- Automated routing of tickets.
- Detailed service items with dependent questions.
- Ease of use which led to quick adoption.
- Tech support is prompt and extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
- While the workflow automation is great, the ability to automate between tickets and assets needs to improve.
- Creation of workflows is one of the most simple processes in the industry.
- Does a great job with notifications. Also easy to set up and maintain.
- Support is a little slow to resolve issues and there is a language barrier.
- While it works ok. Active Directory and SCCM asset and user syncing needs work.
- The ticket approval process needs to be reworked. A ticket can be closed without it being approved or denied.
- Asset management in Freshservice is fantastic. So easy to add and track assets.
- Service requests are amazing in Freshservice - can be customised per request.
- Very hard to find things to criticise in Freshservice; perhaps the cost of asset management is disappointing.
- I would love to be able to add many contacts to Vendors. It can be done, but it's a manual config.
It replaced us using just email, resulting in tickets getting lost. We also required an ITIL solution to meet Government Contract obligations.
We had our full help desk operational in a few hours and by day's end we had stopped looking at the email inbox.
It's perhaps not a full feature at solutions for companies supporting many other companies.
Previously, inventory was not well kept, and technology requests were submitted by email and Slack messages. Freshservice is also being uses to maintain a knowledge base of common questions and procedures.
- Knowledge base.
- Reporting on inventory for lifecycle management.
- Standard ticket views and easier ability to push timeline out on tickets, based on a deadline.
- Easier management of email notifications.
Freshservice may be difficult for us to implement because of the cost to license each agent, when many agents will infrequently use the system, and the full agent license cost is difficult to justify.
- Friendly and well organized UI.
- All in one state of mind as ITSM. You have in it all you need to take care of your IT service.
- Live product. Updated in a regular basis.
- Nice support. Live chat with them at any moment.
- Onboarding module could be improved.
- Admin console could be simpler, but is ok anyway.
- Analytics and reports could be easier to configure.
- Tracks all tickets
- Available via email 24 hours a day
- Easy to use
- Easy to make changes within our knowledge base
- The system sometimes makes new tickets with responses to original tickets.
- I do not always love the updates and the timing of the updates.
- The reorganization of the knowledge-base made it harder to find FAQs.
Freshservice customer service is impeccable. I've never experienced a greater customer service journey with any other vendor.
- Automation: If your work has patterns, leverage the power of their workflows to automatically assign - SLA's, categories, to a specific user, and even send back the solution response automatically.
- Analytics: amazing to visualise your data and cross reference against previous time stamps. I can see that our SLA's are going down and our case volume is increasing month on month.
- Surveys: In customer service, there's rarely commission and we usually live for the rare opportunity someone thanks us. My team have received over 200 positive survey results in Q1 of 2021 and it makes a huge difference to morale.
- Customisation: We've been able to do things Freshservice haven't with their own tool. We've literally asked them "can you do this?", they've said no and I've built a method of delivering it. The tool is as good as your capability.
- Analytics: Some inconsistencies in the data and Freshservice have acknowledged it's an issue on their side and haven't given us any idea on a resolution.
- Portal customization: It's awful. Needs to be drag and drop. Or at least make it more intuitive to create your own. You know it's complicated, when there are people selling their designs to you. HOWEVER - We contacted their support channel and they made ours for us so yeyyyy.
It helps from a user perspective all the way to stakeholder because you design the way it works best for you. My team can complete a case in a couple of clicks, and my boss can get detailed statistics of how we're performing.
- Ease of use.
- Versatile without code.
- Product development.
- Support response time.
- Web Portal customization is minimal without coding.
- Bulk Asset Imports done only with Excel files (rather than a built in tool).
- Automated email formatting is lackluster. Text box is small and spacing is odd.
- Management of tickets.
- Analytics and reports.
- Asset management.
- Auto generate default report templates ( it's a bit complicated).
- Nicer view of asset management.
- Approvals - this should prompt or have another section that alerts management or via an app.
Freshservice is the gateway to IT support and knowledge articles for knowledge sharing.
- Onboarding is an especially helpful too to keep track of what processes have been done and what are still outstanding.
- The discovery agent has been helpful with keeping our assets maintained.
- The Teams integration isn't as helpful as it could be.
- I wish there was an easy way to create agents that can only have access to certain groups tickets.
I have [good] communication with them and [I] like that they implemented the chat support for getting in contact with them.
If it can support customization of pages of client sides without adding extra slowness, that would be great. It can also have native integration capabilities like chatbots attached to those catalogs.
- Continuously adding features or updates, set forth by their community
- Ticket automation and tracking
- UI is very responsive and sleek
- Robust Reporting Capabilities
- API driven focus, with excellent documentation
- Peace-meal feature offerings require additional purchasing
- Segmentation of Agents/Users
- Inability to create "user groups" with shared security access
After looking at many solutions and creating a project plan, Freshservice stood out as a clear front runner and was eventually decided on.
It's dramatically improved the IT departments ability to manage and deal with IT issues and assets.
- Clean and modern UI
- Helpful support
- Easy to set up and customise
- Better reporting tools (like being able to report full tickets lists, instead of capped at 30)
- Allow to opt-out of changes (like the upcoming switch-off of Card view)
- Quite expensive
- Ticket auto assignment.
- Ease of implementation.
- User friendly Self Service portal.
- Agent dashboard.
- Limited workflow options.
- Agent out of office notification on ticket responses.
- Integrating asset management.
- Project management dashboard.
- Tracking service requests
- Tracking incidents
- Project management
- Change management
- Better time management and reporting around time on issues and projects
- The ability to set a default for a field pick list item. It seems this should be standard in a form.
Freshservice Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Freshservice?
Freshservice is a cloud-based service desk and IT service management (ITSM) solution that currently serves more than 20,000 SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers worldwide.
The vendor promises that Freshservice has been designed using ITIL best practices to help IT organizations achieve high quality service delivery and customer satisfaction. According to the vendor, customers choose Freshservice based on ease of use, speed of setup, customer service, and affordability.
The vendor says Freshservice has an intuitive UI, is easily configurable and customizable to meet customers’ exact requirements, and is easily integrable with third party IT systems. Native integrations with a number of popular applications such as Google Apps, Dropbox, AWS, and Bomgar are available.
Freshservice is part of the Freshworks Inc product family, whose products include Freshdesk Customer Support Software, Freshsales CRM Software.
Freshservice Videos (6)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Starter||$19.00||Per Month Per User|
|Growth||$49.00||Per Month Per User|
|Pro||$89.00||Per Month Per User|
Freshservice Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Freshservice Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese|