Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Organize and prioritize service tickets (47)
Self-service tools (45)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (41)
Asset management dashboard (41)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Freshservice is a cloud-based service desk and IT service management (ITSM) solution that currently serves more than 20,000 SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers worldwide.
The vendor promises that Freshservice has been designed using ITIL best practices to help IT organizations achieve high quality service delivery and customer satisfaction. According to the vendor, customers choose Freshservice based on ease of use, speed of setup, customer service, and affordability.
The vendor says Freshservice has an intuitive UI, is easily configurable and customizable to meet customers’ exact requirements, and is easily integrable with third party IT systems. Native integrations with a number of popular applications such as Google Apps, Dropbox, AWS, and Bomgar are available.
Freshservice is part of the Freshworks Inc product family, whose products include Freshdesk Customer Support Software, Freshsales CRM Software.
- Supported: Organize and prioritize service tickets
- Supported: Expert directory
- Supported: Service restoration
- Supported: Self-service tools
- Supported: Subscription-based notifications
- Supported: ITSM collaboration and documentation
- Supported: ITSM reports and dashboards
- Supported: Configuration mangement
- Supported: Asset management dashboard
- Supported: Policy and contract enforcement
- Supported: Change requests repository
- Supported: Change calendar
- Supported: Service-level management
- Supported: Service Catalog
- Supported: Advanced Enterprise Reporting
- Supported: CMDB
- Supported: Knowledge Management
- Supported: Self-Service Portal
- Supported: Relationship Mapping
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese|
- Handle user issues.
- Easy to provide solutions.
- Track user communication history.
- Knowledge base article.
- Mobile version should be made easy use.
- Database query time should be improved.
- Need to fine tune user attributes.
- Complex ITSM with tons of service to better serve your employees
- Affordable solution to do a lot without breaking the bank
- Optional PPM features for small scaled projects
- Can get a bit confusing when integrated with other "Fresh" products
- PPM features are quite limited and may not be worth it at all
- Limited number of marketplace apps compared to Freshdesk
- Create tickets
- Manage tickets
- Create BI Reports
- Change Management
- Maintain Test Scripts
- Analytics definitely needs improvement. It doesn't reflect changes in underlying data spontaneously. There is a considerable amount of delay which results in misinformation
- Freshservice API is not robust. The security information can be easily subjected to breach
- Workflow built-in tickets are not robust. Introducing any change to workflows is not user friendly
- Asset Management
- Service Request
- I wish reporting was more verbose with the lower tiers of the service
- Support for the product can be very hit and miss
- Assets packs are too large
- IT Ticket Management
- IT Asset Management
- Solution Knowledge-base
- Coding of tickets to meta data could be made quicker by easier display of tickets
- The ability to edit the grid of tickets is great but if more columns could be edited it would be perfect
- If there would be a way to auto alert your manager when someone else is coding tickets for the more stubborn techs so we can force the users to put in their own tickets it would be great.
- Service Catalog
- Problems Management
- Employee Onboarding
- Tracking service requests
- Tracking incidents
- Project management
- Change management
- Better time management and reporting around time on issues and projects
- The ability to set a default for a field pick list item. It seems this should be standard in a form.
- Creation of workflows is one of the most simple processes in the industry.
- Does a great job with notifications. Also easy to set up and maintain.
- Support is a little slow to resolve issues and there is a language barrier.
- While it works ok. Active Directory and SCCM asset and user syncing needs work.
- The ticket approval process needs to be reworked. A ticket can be closed without it being approved or denied.
- Low/No code automation.
- Easy to navigate GUI.
- Robust feature set and native integrations.
- Ability to add notes into workflows.
- More options for conditions in automations.
- Management of tickets.
- Analytics and reports.
- Asset management.
- Auto generate default report templates ( it's a bit complicated).
- Nicer view of asset management.
- Approvals - this should prompt or have another section that alerts management or via an app.
- Asset management in Freshservice is fantastic. So easy to add and track assets.
- Service requests are amazing in Freshservice - can be customised per request.
- Very hard to find things to criticise in Freshservice; perhaps the cost of asset management is disappointing.
- I would love to be able to add many contacts to Vendors. It can be done, but it's a manual config.
It replaced us using just email, resulting in tickets getting lost. We also required an ITIL solution to meet Government Contract obligations.
- Ease of use.
- Speed of support.
- Out of the box integrations are limited.
- Can be difficult to connect to other ITIL solutions.
- iOS app can be hard to navigate.
We had our full help desk operational in a few hours and by day's end we had stopped looking at the email inbox.
It's perhaps not a full feature at solutions for companies supporting many other companies.
Previously, inventory was not well kept, and technology requests were submitted by email and Slack messages. Freshservice is also being uses to maintain a knowledge base of common questions and procedures.
- Knowledge base.
- Reporting on inventory for lifecycle management.
- Standard ticket views and easier ability to push timeline out on tickets, based on a deadline.
- Easier management of email notifications.
Freshservice may be difficult for us to implement because of the cost to license each agent, when many agents will infrequently use the system, and the full agent license cost is difficult to justify.
- On-boarding process management.
- Service Requests and form building.
- Ease of automations and workflow creations.
- Unable to add form fields across multiple form or submission types.
- Unable to set default dashboards and views.
- Inability to easily import data from other platforms.
Currently, Freshservice is just used by our IT department. We've been discussing how other departments, like our Library Services or Campus Operations departments, could use Freshservice for their ticketing and communication, as well as having their own customer portal. I'm hoping our success will lead those departments to adopt Freshservice.
We had separate, clunky ticket systems in the past. We had no customer portal for information or interaction, and our asset tracking was based out of a spreadsheet. Having all these components integrated into one system has improved our speed and quality of service to our customers. We can add assets to service tickets for better asset management. We have all our knowledge articles and customer interaction in one location instead of several different web-based resources.
- Customized customer portal and ticketing system - We have specific information we want our customers and team to access. Freshservice allows us to have all that exactly as we want.
- Freshchat integration - Having the chat portal integrated on our customer portal has improved our ability to communicate and quickly resolve issues. We have the chat widget on our main customer portal through Freshservice and our Moodle LMS.
- Asset tracking and integration - we have the ability to track our assets from anywhere now. It makes field service calls so much easier since we don't have to rely on a spreadsheet on our server. We can also connect service tickets to assets so our repairs and changes are more accurate.
- Mobile App - having the mobile app boosts our ability in the field. We can tag assets from the app to make changes and updates. We can provide the same service on the road as we can in our offices.
- I don't know why, but we have some integration between Freshservice and Freshchat. But it is minor.
- Friendly and well organized UI.
- All in one state of mind as ITSM. You have in it all you need to take care of your IT service.
- Live product. Updated in a regular basis.
- Nice support. Live chat with them at any moment.
- Onboarding module could be improved.
- Admin console could be simpler, but is ok anyway.
- Analytics and reports could be easier to configure.
The incidents portal is the most used, as it is how the rest of the company keeps in contact with us about any IT issues they have. Solutions are also handy, as our procedures were kept in SharePoint, where they were hard to find and load. Placing them in Solutions has allowed us to actually reduce the amount of content we had, as we use a lot of similar processes for many deploying situations, and were able to link to the one process rather than copying and pasting everywhere.
The marketing department is using it for the service requests portion, which has solved their issue of getting emails to individual people in the team all over the place.
- Clean look; easy to read and see information
- Different aspects work well together
- Assets portion is easy to manage
- More customization on fields for asset management
- Solution interface is very basic and sometimes formatting gets messy
- The filtering and search functions don't work well together; as soon as you filter, you lose the ability to search
The asset register is amazing--makes it easy to add in your devices and you can also use the app provided, which gives information such as apps installed, components, last used date/last user. However, the cost and finance portion is super basic and you're better off still keeping your finance separate and just using the inventory as static info. To work with that, though, there are many ways you can import and export data.
I have [good] communication with them and [I] like that they implemented the chat support for getting in contact with them.
- Cloud solution
- Nice UI
- Customized workflows
- Some features can be implemented only by coding
- Don't have a clear asset history based on the SN
- Easy to use
- More real time Inhouse integrations can be added
- Customization creates pages slow
- Differential UI for Agents & End-Users creates confusion
If it can support customization of pages of client sides without adding extra slowness, that would be great. It can also have native integration capabilities like chatbots attached to those catalogs.
- Web-based : issues can be reported from any device
- Mobile apps : issues can be reported by using an app and reported issues can be tracked by the user
- Asset-management : a Probe scans the devices and maintains installed software on devices
- Maintenance of software assets : Freshservice reports the installed software, but if a device is retired, the software remains registered in the software assets. It would be better to have an option to clean it up.
- Software assets are registered per software-release : there is no way to get an export of one software-asset at once, you have to export them per release. In case of programs like Firefox it's time consuming
Freshservice is the gateway to IT support and knowledge articles for knowledge sharing.
- Automation of inquiries
- Flexible, easy to adapt to our needs
- Dynamic and intuitive customer portal
- Integration with 3parts sms service - http based
- Tracks all tickets
- Available via email 24 hours a day
- Easy to use
- Easy to make changes within our knowledge base
- The system sometimes makes new tickets with responses to original tickets.
- I do not always love the updates and the timing of the updates.
- The reorganization of the knowledge-base made it harder to find FAQs.
- Ticketing system is well laid out
- Tracking of issues
- Workflow and automation
- Change management
- Asset inventory could be better
- Reporting on Inventory is minimal
- Very nice UI
- Awesome customer service
- Robust app store to integrate
- I do not at this time see a need for improvement.
Freshservice has given us the capability to easily design workflows to automate redundant tasks and free up our agents to focus on the real work.
- Asset Management
- Change Management
- Software Management
- Contract Management
- Project Management
We like the API tools but have found some bugs that are being corrected at this time.