Reviews (1-12 of 12)
- Canned solutions allow our agents to prepare detailed answers that we use often which contain protected information we don't want published on our more public solutions.
- The ability to insert a solution or canned response with a click speeds our responses to our users. We often create one response to a new issue and then save that as a canned response, which we use to create a more public solution. This allows the troubleshooting performed by one agent to instantly become available for all agents.
- Workflow automations are great but sometimes we have trouble with the ordering and workflows are applied incorrectly when multiple issues are reported in a single ticket.
- We don't find the built-in reports helpful and would like to be able to build reports based on additional fields or even keywords.
Because it is so easy to email in a request to our servicedesk site, we often get questions directed to other departments or services within our company. The Forward feature allows us to forward the request to the correct department, respond to the user and close the ticket making our servicedesk a central location for all the support needs of our user base, even beyond its IT focus.
- User-friendly products
- Steady development
- Company has spread itself too thin in recent months and lost its focus
- Company's understanding of culture in English speaking countries creates some confusion.
- Continued confusion between FreshService & FreshDesk.
- Change Request features.
- Simple ticketing solution.
- Asset control.
- The ability to add new categories is not as intuitive as I would expect but once we were able to contact support to get info, we were rolling!
- Problem Management: we have a lot of P1 and P2s and as per our process we need to have the proper level of explanations for each issue and help remediate.
- To help with ITSM: it definitely helps us with our future changes and keeps track of our changes in following the process and also to have a log of critical production changes.
- It helps us maintain a great IT database for all the ongoing activities and helps refer to problems with simple searches.
- Configuring it in the infrastructure of large scale can be pretty tough but support helps!
- Have found a couple of misses and glitches here and there that required assistance and needs improvement.
- The GUI can be simpler(not that it's really bad but can use some help when it comes to presentations).
- Support is top notch and very responsive.
- Portal design and navigation is user friendly.
- Ability to suggest features that can be implemented in future releases.
- Very intuitive interface
- More integrations with Cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Improve reports
- We love the Service Catalog feature that allows us to create easy, standardized self-service processes for common requests.
- Freshservice has always been reliable and communicative. If you ever need help or have a question, the support team is readily available.
- Freshservice is at its heart a very solid ticketing platform. It is easy to use both for users and agents.
- Freshservice doesn't have as wide an integration library as Zendesk. But that gap really isn't so wide that it has hindered our use.
- The asset tracking feature is neat, but as it is priced per asset, we chose to use something else instead.
- Powerful incident handling outside the box thinking and very nice features such as canned responses.
- Adding a field to forms to fit your needs and customization.
- Reporting, adding more reports would be nice since the reports available are very restrictive.
- Documentation, sometimes there's lack of or not that comprehensive for the users.
- Integration with 3rd party apps, this needs to get better, sometimes integrations with detailed documentation just fail.
Previously, our IT documentation, inventory, and licensing were spread across several systems which made it inefficient for our organization. Additionally, we liked the self-service capabilities of the service catalog that is built-into the software.
- Change management is a great asset of the system. It allows you to gain approvals, and document the entire process. Over the years we have chosen specific routes to address technology needs on campus only to wonder why did it that way a few years down the road.
- The service catalog is valuable in that allows you to detail everything you can provide to your constituents. You can create your own forms, indicate anticipated delivery, and specify costs. This puts great information in front of your users from the get go.
- The CMDB allows you to keep inventory of all assets, hardware and software, and create relationships. The information you put into the system can assist in decision-making, troubleshooting, and monitoring ROI.
- Freshservice's built-in reports offer quick metrics to monitor your service goals
- While the CMDB is robust and helpful, you don't have much control over the view when looking at the preview grid.
- We previously used the sister product, Freshdesk, and we appreciated the built-in chat feature. It would be nice to see Freshservice add this to their product so that we don't have to rely on third-party systems to communicate inter-departmentally, or with constituents.
- The ticket system is intuitive and has some great features. But one of the things that is inherent with technical support is multi-part tasks related to a particular solution. While Freshservice allows you to create tasks that must be completed which you can assign to any of the other agents, it would be nice to be able to create task templates for situations that require several standard sub-tasks. For example, with computer setups if you could apply a "setup" template that identifies the various steps that must be completed so that you can monitor progress more closely, and offer quality assurance.
Freshservice Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Freshservice is a cloud-based service desk and IT service management (ITSM) solution that currently serves more than 20,000 SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers worldwide.
The vendor promises that Freshservice has been designed using ITIL best practices to help IT organizations achieve high quality service delivery and customer satisfaction. According to the vendor, customers choose Freshservice based on ease of use, speed of setup, customer service, and affordability.
The vendor says Freshservice has an intuitive UI, is easily configurable and customizable to meet customers’ exact requirements, and is easily integrable with third party IT systems. Native integrations with a number of popular applications such as Google Apps, Dropbox, AWS, and Bomgar are available.
Freshservice is part of the Freshworks Inc product family, whose products include Freshdesk Customer Support Software, Freshsales CRM Software.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Freshservice Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Freshservice Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese|