AdSense

AdSense

Google AdSense

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of AdSense, and make your voice heard!

What is AdSense?

2 people want pricing too

What is Taboola?

Taboola is a native advertising platform from the company of the same name in New York for publishing "recommended" content in a variety of popularly visited news sites and spaces. Taboola is partnered with many publishers (the Atlantic, Tribune, MailOnline, Business Insider, etc.).

What is Yahoo Gemini! (Verizon Media Native) (formerly Yahoo! Advertising)?

Yahoo Gemini was Yahoo's offering for mobile, native and search engine marketing and advertising (formerly Yahoo! Advertising and Yahoo! Search Marketing), for placing ads where visitors are, with an emphasis on mobile. Its former capabilities are now part of Verizon Media Native. The vendor…

What is AdSense?

Google AdSense provides a way for publishers to earn money from their online content. AdSense works by matching ads to your site based on your content and visitors. The ads are created and paid for by advertisers who want to promote their products. Since these advertisers pay different prices for different ads, the amount you earn will vary.

AdSense displays relevant ads to your site visitors next to your content and allows you to customize the look and feel of ads to match your site.

AdSense Technical Details

I have been using Google AdSense for maybe 18 years as a monetization tool for my websites and web-based games. I used mostly banners on websites and on HTML5 games. I currently use Google AdSense less since most of my properties moved into mobile, and on mobile, I use Google AdMob, which is a mobile arm of Google AdSense as I understand it.
  • Google AdSense monetizes web sites
  • Google AdSense provides high quality inventory
  • Google AdSense provides a variety of unobtrusive options for banners
  • Google AdSense should monetize mobile applications
  • Google AdSense should monetize Mac native applications and games
  • Google AdSense should pay out more for a click for tier 1 countries traffic
Google AdSense is well suited for old-school websites and HTML 5 games as it provides good quality inventory, a good match. At the same time, the banners are unobtrusive. Google AdSense is less appropriate in mobile app scenarios in native games and apps. Google AdSense is less appropriate and even forbidden on social networking sites such as Facebook and HTML5 games platforms.
Google AdSense will be used by my organisation within our checkout, hosted checkout, and dedicated booking platform to offer customers the opportunity to select ads that suit their travel requirements.
  • Targeted Advertising.
  • Ability to monitor click-through rate.
  • Control over ads displayed.
  • Smart algorithm to optimise relevant ad content.
  • Real-time monitoring of page views/clicks to allow rapid A/B testing.
  • Optimization by aggregating ad response results from competitors and or similar industry players.
Google is pretty much a staple internet services provider. Therefore it would be commercially disadvantageous for any goods or services provider not to use it. The main thing is for any business to determine whether monetization of its web presence may undermine brand reputation or hurt direct sales
Google Adsense is pretty straight forward and easy to use. It helps me monetize my website and helps make money on from my sites.
  • Earn Money
  • Monetize Website
  • Helps make your site better
  • Verifying First site is difficult
  • Reports are sometimes too thin
  • Data takes time to update
  • Sometimes not in real-time which should not happen
It's simple to set up and run. Relevant ads show on pages for readers who would be interested in the ad. Google Adsense can be used to monitor your ads as well as Youtube and other Google earnings.
Google Adsense is unequivocally the largest and simplest way to implement ads on a website. I run a portfolio of websites and utilize the tools provided by AdSense to monetize every site. I can easily customize what type of ads, how often ads appear, and where ads appear on site (pop-up, sidebar, header, optimized within content). THIS IS THE EASIEST WAY TO MONETIZE YOUR WEBSITE.
  • Optimization and Experimentation
  • Ease of use
  • Detailed analytics and reporting
  • There is no app
  • UI changes frequently (but typically for the better)
  • Analytics can be challenging to configure
If you own a small website with a general audience, [Google] AdSense is for you. If you have a larger website, and/or very niche subject matter on your site, finding individual partners to sell ads to generally can result in higher earnings. Adsense will pay you based upon impressions and clicks, typically individual partners will only pay for clicks in my experience.
Junaid Poolayil | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm using AdSense for my Blog site, eCommerce portal, and News portal, usually use AdSense to monetize, and I have been making a good amount of payouts after integrating AdSense with my websites. Sometimes we will not make money with our content so if we want to run a smooth business then we should use Google AdSense.
  • It provides full analytics for traffic.
  • We can monetize our content to earn some extra money.
  • Getting payments received is effortless.
  • It needs at least $100 to make a payout if possible please reduce the minimum payout value.
  • Need payout to Cryptocurrencies or PayPal.
If we run any eCommerce or Blog or news portal then we should use the Google AdSense because may be we have enough traffic. But may some of our earning ideas will not work, on this time we cannot survive without any profit, so if we use Google AdSense for earning money then we can run our content as monetized.
Mouath Al-azzeh | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am making a blogging website teaching people all about affiliate marketing & blogging. So, I integrated Google AdSense with my website to post some Ads that return a profit to me. However, maybe it's not enough way to make a passive income. But, It definitely useful and for some niches like trends, Google Adsense becomes superior and you can make a real passive income. Moreover, Google AdSense solved a lot of problems in comparison to other companies, because they are very aware of fake traffic and forwarded bots. Besides, they check and stop unwanted ads from being shown to the public especially when it comes to sexual ads or racism.
  • Excellent Ads type and useful content
  • Excellent follow up and analytics
  • Secure your particular ads by following the plagiarism bloggers who steal your content. It happens to me and Google AdSense aware about these thief's by tracking my Google Adsense particular ad code
  • Excellent revenue for the bloggers who are honest about their content
  • I would if Google AdSense changed the auto-ads functions, especially when it comes when someone opens a new tab. The full-screen Ad is annoying.
  • To make the joining protocol much easier and to be more specific about the rejection reason.
  • For mobile apps, I would like if Google AdSense to return the Mobile app's revenue to their website
  • We need a mobile app for Google AdSense, I have no idea why it was removed
It's perfect for bloggers and affiliate marketers to show some related ads to the readers and benefit both; bloggers and readers. Moreover, Google AdSense is perfect to make the community aware of all available products and services that existed near them. But, Google AdSense becomes less appropriate when it allows hundred of Ads shown on one single page which make it a cheap market and unorganized web pages.
My company is a training company that aims to help students achieve qualifications and certifications so that they can move up their careers. Google AdSense helped in setting up our social media accounts so that we can target ads to different markets and therefore segment our entire market in order to get them to know more about the qualifications and courses that we offer.
  • Segment the target market based on our specifications
  • Offer our products to our market based on preferences
  • Understand the demographics of our market
  • Usability
  • Too technical at times
  • Support
Google AdSense is well-suited in making sure that the ads that we need are targeting the right share in the market. Aside from that, each click of the ads add revenue to the organisation. It is less appropriate in instances where social media or sharing platforms are not necessary. YouTube is a good example of a platform where it is best used.
Shawn Dehner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Google AdSense has worked extremely well in different situations throughout the evolution of my website over the past decade. It has been a great way to increase my revenue and continues to be a reliable source of income.
  • It is easy to implement.
  • It provides consistent income.
  • Ads require little to no upkeep once coded into my website.
  • I would like to see the automatic ad placement be improved.
  • Specific platform integrations (Squarespace, e.g.) would be useful.
I think [Google] AdSense is actually suitable for just about any website. I find that even tagging ads to, say, footers is a great way to unobtrusively deliver some inoffensive advertising to increase revenues.
We use Google AdSense to track how much we are making off ads on two sites and a YouTube channel. The two sites comprise a blog with educational articles and an e-commerce store that sells digital goods to designers. The e-commerce brand has a Youtube video were we post tutorials for designers and also acts as a traffic channel to funnel watchers to the store.
  • Ability to add responsive ads
  • Optimization tips to increase your earning
  • Revenue tracking over different periods of time
  • A breakdown of how much you made on YouTube vs website ads
  • Underpayments to transactions--the ending balance can be confusing
  • Not much explanation or opportunity to use matched content and native content ads
Google AdSense is suited to scenarios where you want to keep track how much revenue you are making from multiple ad units on multiple sites. Each ad unit can be isolated to understand how much it's bringing in and whether or not it's beneficial to keep it running. Testing of different sized ad units is covered by the platform. It is not useful if you want to know the breakdown revenue of different ad units from YouTube.