Reviews (1-11 of 11)
- Sequential read writes
- Full Table Scans from a database
- Long lasting storage that rarely fails
- Workspace use for temporary tables
- IBM FlashSystem needs to better differentiate itself from commodity SSDs as clients do not typically understand the difference.
- IBM's software stack needs to be better marketed as clients do not understand the benefits of the stack combined with the hardware.
- IBM should explain to clients the difference between the V7000 Gen 3 and the FS 9100 series. Currently, it is confusing to clients.
- Reduces application latency
- Reduces batch process duration
- Secure and reliable
- Data reduction capabilities helps in storing less in more
- Reduced foot print
- Three way DR capabiity
- Performance when using DRP pools
- Compression cards in SVC should be capable to handle more load
- Secure flash drives
- IBM FlashSystem is able to store large volumes of data
- IBM FlashSystem does not delete your stored data if removed improperly
- The system could be more compact
- Storage could be increased
- Advertised low power consumption, however, battery seems to decrease faster than desired
- Performance is incredible.
- Initial set up was relatively easy.
- For basic tasks, the management interface is easy to use.
- The HSM has some shortcomings in capacity reporting.
- Setting up mirrored relationships is a lot more hassle than it should be.
- The errors returned are sometimes not very useful.
- It has sufficient availability
- It has a comprehensive service/ support
- It offers clients a solution from an established vendor they feel they can trust
- It has a well-known brand
- Price and cost are major concerns and can be significantly improved
- Its brand in developing countries/ lesser know parts of the world isn’t as strong as others
- Improved openness and compatibility with other platforms is always a major plus
Less suited in environments running more up to date cloud applications where brown-field equipment is dominant
- FlashSystem saves processing times when making backups.
- Easily accessible during a Disaster Recovery exercise, along with database recovery.
- No comment. I'm pretty pleased with FlashSystem. It's reliable and user friendly,.
IBM FlashSystem Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is IBM FlashSystem?
IBM FlashSystem is a comprehensive, all-flash storage portfolio that promises the following benefits and capabilities:
Engineered to meet modern high-performance application requirements
Ultra-low latency, cost-effectiveness, operational efficiency, and mission-critical reliability are built in to every all-flash storage solution and all-flash array
The most comprehensive all-flash storage portfolio
IBM is uniquely able to deliver all-flash solutions tailored to your storage environments and workloads. IBM financing and payment options are available.
Industry-leading technology supported by guarantees
Endurance, performance and compression are guaranteed, and IBM offers extended support and maintenance
IBM FlashSystem Screenshots
IBM FlashSystem Competitors
IBM FlashSystem Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|