InMotion Hosting Reviews

Jason Montoya profile photo
For years, I was a Hostgator re-seller customer. But after they were bought out, my experience with their company, particularly the customer service quickly deteriorated. Too many issues, and I finally had a strong reason to leave them, migrate all my clients, and launch with a new provider. As you can imagine, this was no small task and I did a great deal of research on not only the best hosting company but the best re-seller friendly hosting business. Inmotion Hosting quickly gravitated to the top, addressed my questions, and provided an affordable re-seller hosting program. Once I switched, they helped me migrate my old sites, and get me going on the new system. It was a great deal of work, but they were helpful in making it as painless as possible. Since 2016, I've had a great and solid experience while also referring other people to them, and becoming an affiliate of their products.
  • Their customer services are great. In most cases, it's readily available.
  • They provide WHM and CPanel management tools, both of which I was familiar with prior to switching.
  • They provide a Cpanel based SSL option at no additional cost. This saves me and several clients a great deal of money.
  • Their support article repository is terrific. They have content on any question I could ever ask.
  • The company is employee-owned, so I don't have to worry about a future sale and loss of support like my last hosting company.
  • There was an isolated server issues incident that caused extended down-times and required a few site restorations. But, they were helpful in working through this and getting things back online.
  • At times, there can be a wait (more than 15 minutes) for the chat support, but this is not normal.
  • The aesthetics of their website feels somewhat outdated.
For freelancers and small marketing companies, Inmotion Hosting is a terrific re-seller option. They provide hosting at a killer rate, and this allows me to earn a good extra income for clients where I host their websites. With the support, I'm able to resolve issues beyond my capability.

For individual users, Inmotion Hosting is also a terrific option, and they also provide WordPress specific hosting for better performance.
Read Jason Montoya's full review
Stephen Shepard profile photo
My business uses InMotion Hosting to host our website using a managed VPS server.
  • InMotion cannot be beat when it comes to the value of the services and support provided.
  • InMotion Hosting provides a reliable and stable hosting infrastructure.
  • InMotion Hosting provides friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt customer support.
  • InMotion Hosting needs to be somewhat more consistent and transparent with its pricing.
InMotion Hosting has various website hosting services for businesses of all sizes at an affordable cost.
Read Stephen Shepard's full review
Robert Foreman profile photo
October 10, 2017

Great Webhost Provider

I use inMotion for web hosting and email service. At peak consumption, I ran over 20 different websites with as many email accounts. My company is a residential real estate brokerage, so all of our websites are used for marketing purposes.
  • Ease of use
  • Low cost
  • Great tech support
  • Managing or deleting subscriptions could be made easier to use.
It's easy to create and manage WordPress websites. Purchasing and managing domains are easy as well. Rarely have I seen service outages which resulted in significant downtime.
Read Robert Foreman's full review

InMotion Hosting Scorecard Summary

About InMotion Hosting

InMotion Hosting offers website hosting services.