Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MobileIron Acquired by Ivanti, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
MobileIron, acquired by Ivanti, supports enterprise security with a mobile-centric security platform for the Everywhere Enterprise. In the Everywhere Enterprise, corporate data flows freely across devices and servers in the cloud, empowering workers to be productive anywhere they need to work. To secure access and protect data across this perimeter-less enterprise, MobileIron leverages a zero trust approach, which assumes bad actors are already in the network and secure access is determined by a “never trust, always verify” model.
MobileIron’s platform combines unified endpoint management (UEM) capabilities with passwordless MFA (Zero Sign-On) and mobile threat defense (MTD) to validate the device, establish user context, verify the network, and detect and remediate threats to ensure that only authorized users, devices, apps, and services can access business resources in a “work from everywhere” world. The vendor states that over 20,000 organizations, including the world’s largest financial institutions, intelligence agencies, and other highly regulated companies, have chosen MobileIron to enable a seamless and secure user experience in the Everywhere Enterprise.
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||system agnostic|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry|
- + Easy move to working remotely: Mobileiron made the shift to remote work smooth
- - Unable to track lost/stolen phones
- + Blocking certain apps increases productivity
- Mobile Iron has been a great return on investment for our initial apple deployments and got us going with a smooth deployment.
- Mobile Iron has decreased our technician needs to retouch devices constantly and let them perform their normal duties.
- We have experienced a decrease in data breaches
- Ability to manage and secure all of our devices
- Dozens of hours lost attempting to implement and deploy across the company.
- No actual support or walk through in the process of setup. Their 'support' are people at a phone with the same FAQ/Setup booklet the end users are provided with. No actual point of contact who knows what's going on or how to do anything.
- Poor communication from the company itself. Very bureaucratic in the operation of support.
- It never worked right so when we cancelled it, the M.I. software nearly bricked 8 devices which we relied on Apple MBM to resolve (the people we didn't pay to make this thing work).
- Increased security by having a central MDM.
- Ability to track location of lost/stolen devices.
- Increased efficiency.
- Security compliance.
- Automated software distribution.
- As mentioned, security has been our goal and MobileIron has provided it.
- Ease of add and removal of devices, as employees have come and gone.
- Compliance with HIPAA standards for the handling of email securely.
- The zero-touch iDevice deployment has saved countless hours for the help desk. The only extra step outside of MobileIron is registering each of the devices in Apple's DEP program.
- Ensuring that devices comply with the organization's security policy all from a single console saves time and money.
- The cost of securing non-exchange email on these devices cost a hefty penny.
- We have decreased service interruptions caused by manual configuration of devices. We have one entire area that depends on a custom app and another on a custom web UI that requires a local WAN connection, and now we can pre-load and manage the configurations for these devices.
- We are now able to enforce device compliance and security standards by requiring specific minimum OS versions based on device type, and compliance actions are available to further enhance this capability.
- If a user needs an app or specific configuration, we simply add them to the appropriate Active Directory security groups. LDAP integration takes care of the rest.
- The security capabilities alone make the product worth using.
- Application management has helped with our privacy and data leakage concerns.
- It greatly improves our visibility into where our assets are located and who they are assigned to.
- We are able to also track active phone numbers and help correlate them to various cost centers to insure that various business units are charged accordingly.
- With published apps in Apps@work, we are able to guarantee our associates are using the appropriate apps and not a similar app that is not approved.
- Boosted productivity and effectiveness of our users when they are not at their desks, which has dramatically boosted production.
- Helped us cut costs by providing a mobile platform for app development to track service orders and cut down on fees.
- Troubleshooting can be a fire and forget process as online support is able to resolve or provide the necessary information to resolve most issues. If the issue is not easily resolved though, it can be a pain to get a single tech to provide adequate support and it can drag on and on.
- The installation of MobileIron was for security compliance so we could containerize email on BYOD devices and also control who got email on company phones (to prevent hourly workers from working on emails after hours). MobileIron met this need nicely.
- MobileIron allowed us to utilize device certificates to prevent unauthorized devices from joining wireless networks in our company.
- MobileIron allows our sales staff to get emails on the road and many users rely on the functionality and ease of the phone for general mail communication.
- MobileIron really increased our efficiency in managing mobile phones and providing a uniform user experience for everyone
- Main positive impact is security compliance as we work with the government and it is very important.
- Able to develop our own applications and distribute to all users.
- Able to locate devices and get them back if lost.
- The ability to set password requirements and force encryption to access company resources allows us to meet security and compliance standards.
- We use Symantec Endpoint Protection for securing our phones and MobileIron works well with it.
- AirWatch was a little cheaper, but we liked the functionality and some additional reporting that MobileIron Assemble had to offer
- It is better than our previous mobile device manager.
- Positive impact on security for patient information through email exchanges.
- It is very difficult to remove the application without an administrator.
- We have seen an increase in our security compliance and DEP.
- Positive impact with increased productivity of mobile sales force
- Security compliance is built into the MDM solution
- Automatic configuration with remote management has been the biggest hurdle overcome with the use of MobileIron and Apple DEP
- The ability to rollout O365 and other mobile apps to the org has increased the mobility of users and productivity.
- Keeping our devices secure by forcing iOS updates
- Securing devices by blocking known apps with security issues.
- MobileIron has allowed us to maintain basic posture checking for all of our mobile devices.
- Efficiencies and security compliance is the main factor here.
- Increased productivity.
- Security and compliance.