Overall Satisfaction with MobileIron
MI is implemented company-wide to securely provide access to company email, calendar, and custom-built applications. We use it to secure over 800 devices from Wyoming to West Virginia, approximately 250 devices are setup as kiosk devices for multiple users. MI has provided a good MDM platform with reliable support and great response time.
- Reliability and speed of the MI support staff.
- The online portal is extremely responsive, easy to use, and clean.
- Apple DEP integration and configuration is easy to setup and use.
- Setup and registration for users are intuitive and any issues are easily identified and resolved.
- Looking for a way to secure certain apps and have a clear separation between business and personal information.
- The troubleshooting and log analysis process needs tuning. Requiring users to send log info that should be tracked innately is problematic.
- Docs@Work needs better reporting, we have been trying to figure out how many users utilize it to no avail.
- Boosted productivity and effectiveness of our users when they are not at their desks, which has dramatically boosted production.
- Helped us cut costs by providing a mobile platform for app development to track service orders and cut down on fees.
- Troubleshooting can be a fire and forget process as online support is able to resolve or provide the necessary information to resolve most issues. If the issue is not easily resolved though, it can be a pain to get a single tech to provide adequate support and it can drag on and on.
MI has been the more stable platform and that has really come more and more under investigation for us we try to ascertain which service to use. The built-in apps and services that MI provides have been extremely useful and more reliable than anything that Intune has provided us.
I would recommend MI for smaller companies with more personalized setups and techs that would provide individual help. AD integration is a little lacking and assigning multiple groups with multiple setups is not intuitive. 800+ devices is difficult enough to admin for. If it was more than that, I don't think MI would be appropriate.