Course authoring (107)
Learning content (103)
Course catalog or library (105)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Lessonly, and make your voice heard!
Contact sales team
Pro + Coaching
Contact sales team
Enterprise Learning for Global Teams
Contact sales team
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Lessonly, now from Seismic (acquired August 2021) is training software with an ecosystem of partners, strategy and services that are aligned under the mantra of Do Better Work.
The vendor has worked with over 800 companies to help them train their teams. The vendor says they've learned that the highest performing organizations build their training on the same six pillars:
- Assess (Gather Needs & Inputs) Listen to people, data, and the market; identify successes and challenges; and accurately assess your sales team's training needs.
- Plan (Prioritize for Impact) Identify the most essential objectives and outcomes, and intentionally set milestones for creation and delivery.
- Build (Create Quickly & Collaboratively) Work with teammates at the front lines of the business to develop and iterate on bite-sized training/content.
- Learn (Meet Learners Where They Are) Push training content to teammates-- anywhere, anytime-- so they can quickly solve problems in their moment of need.
- Practice (Rehearse, Refine, Repeat) Reinforce skills and information with realistic practice scenarios and receive feedback to fuel improvement.
- Perform (Doing Better Work) Empower the organization to continuously improve, deliver and quantify results.
The results? Faster onboarding, higher NPS score, more closed deals and a superior customer experience.
- Supported: Course authoring
- Supported: Course catalog or library
- Supported: Player/Portal
- Supported: Learning content
- Supported: Mobile friendly
- Supported: Progress tracking & certifications
- Supported: Assignments
- Supported: Compliance management
- Supported: Learning administration
- Supported: Learning reporting & analytics
- Supported: eLearning
- Supported: Assessments
- Supported: In-person learning
- Supported: Micro-learning
- Supported: Video learning
- Supported: SCORM-compliant
- Supported: Tin Can (xAPI) compliant
- Supported: Social learning
|Supported Countries||North America, South America, Latin America, Western Europe, Central/Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Australia|
|Supported Languages||Filipino, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, Vietnamese|
- Training tracking
- Building integrated lessons that don't feel like "training"
- Able to build your own certificates (great for training and internal rewarding)
- Can watch in real time - progress monitoring
- Sometimes reviewing lessons is a pain, according to some of our employees
- Search is not robust enough just yet
- Want to provide feedback during the loop for future training - have to do it in a different file which breaks the flow
- Couple of minor bugs - probably fixed by now
- Providing training
- Raising procedural knowledge across the project
- Knowledge tests
- Increasing active users per month for a lesson/quiz
- Making it more efficient with informing users when the limit is about to be breached for active users
- Helps our team to find answers to various questions
- Helps our team to practice
- Helps our teams to learn new skills
- Helps our teams to share knowledge
- Lessonly has been an incredible tool. Therefore, I think it is a complete tool the way it is.
- Admin Friendly.
- Easy to use searchability.
- We would love to see more design ability when building lessons.
- Updating the admin panel is not easy, as it's not easy to search in the admin panel.
- Making training videos is easy with Lessonly.
- Makes passing training information along very easy.
- Good clean interface.
- Easy to learn quickly.
- Great way to disseminate and require employees to read and confirm new policies.
- Sometimes it is hard to find past training videos.
- Very user-friendly interface
- Ability to add all different types of elements to the lessons
- Lesson visibility can sometimes be a challenge (must assign to learners).
- The flow of clicking on a lesson from the content page sometimes seems not intuitive. It takes you to a lesson summary page rather than the lesson itself.
- Helped us put all of our policies and procedures online and available for our Reps so they could have access at their fingertips.
- The many lessons that are available for our reps is unbelievable. They are always learning and taking lessons on their own in areas that they believe they need work in.
- The support team that we have at Lessonly is amazing. The calls that we have with them are always productive. They are always looking for ways to make our lives easier so we can do better work.
- It would be nice to be able to import a document and be able to search for that document or a word in the document. Currently you have to copy and paste in order to have the search functionality.
- Video-based lessons
- Self-paced content creation
- Extremely intuitive layout/design
- Amazing internal team
- Response time for support requests
- Self-serve support resources
- Makes training easy: Allows us to focus on the content.
- Good customer service: Fast & friendly problem solving.
- Clean user interface: Simple to make Lessonly content, easy for agents to digest the info.
- The search feature sometimes doesn't pull up what I'm looking for.
- Choice of lessons
- Ease of use, not difficult to manage.
- Credentials of the trainer.
- Going back on a quiz is hard to navigate if it advances.
- A lot of the lessons are formatted the same, not enough diversity to keep interest.
- Being able to have an online note pad that you could cut and paste video or a way to tag the portion that you want to review again.
- It's very easy to use and intuitive.
- Content-building tools work really well.
- The visuals are pleasing.
- The lesson completion dashboard is very detailed.
- Grading quizzes and essays is easy.
- Perhaps more choice in fonts.
- An easier way to communicate between the creator/manager of content and the learner within the tool.
- Screen recording
- Variety of learning tools
- Sound editing on screen recordings.
- More intuitive interface for adding/editing modules.
- Lessonly keeps our content organized and consistent. We have a LOT of information for our agents to learn and know, so the consistency is a key factor.
- Keeping team members in the appropriate groups is incredibly easy, with the Smart Groups. Changing one thing in someone's profile easily pops them into the correct Smart Groups, saving time for me and other Admins.
- Creating engaging content is incredibly easy with Lessonly. Previously our content would be a Google doc with a linked quiz from SurveyMonkey and it would be informative, but not engaging at all.
- There are some functionality features with Roles that I would love to see changed - the permissions being more flexible, essentially.
- I'd like to see additional Insights, including who the least active users are.
- Versatility. We can use for it darn near anything in any department across the company.
- Easy editing. You can change/update something on the fly no problem.
- Simple design easy for self- learning as a creator or admin.
- The Lessonly university is basically a tool store to use at your disposal. It has a lot of great information.
- Bugs. When there are some and we alert Lessonly, they reply with the problem will be fixed, but then no follow up on if or when?
- Self branding ability would be great but as of now you have to reach out to a 3rd party which makes it difficult to keep communication clear.
- Minor issues with the lessons themselves; such as the image and text being swapped in places once going from edit more to preview mode.
- Easy to use and manage
- Support is excellent
- The bundle pricing could be better, having to pay for groups of 25 can be tricky.
- Extremely easy to learn - so we can allow HR to build their own trainings, engineering to build theirs, etc. with very little training.
- Extremely easy to edit - so we can make changes on the fly.
- API should include more comprehensive data.
- I'd like more sophisticated tracking of the learning program (they are working on this now).
- Seamless UI that is easy for all types of users.
- Great team that cares about your success.
- I suggest keeping customers front and center.
- Listen to them constantly and make sure that you grow as the users do.
- Product Updates
- Customer Service Softskills
- More interactive/interactions
- More audio capabilities
- Search function on the Learn page is very helpful.
- It's very easy to use the platform.
- The content page is very hard to organize; just using tags is not enough when there is a lot of content.
- Sometimes we want to have discussion ability under a lesson, which for now is not available.
- Easy to track the performance of the team or an individual student.
- Intuitive UI.
- Customization of the roles.
- More text editing features.
- Easy to create lessons
- Great support
- Easy for new team members to understand and use
- Different types of quiz/testing functionality
- "Gaming" options
- For those taking lessons, there is more interaction among team members.
- Easy to use.
- Good customer support.
- I would like to have an option to disable the "rate" window after each lesson completed.
- Searchable content.
- Visual aids.
- Sharing a conversation on a lesson.
- Ability to load a DOC/slide that will transfer to an automatic lesson recommendation.
- Encourage engagement: many different types or content.
- Easy to edit: simply keys and structures.
- Connecting several lessons to one course or expertise.
- Several keys are hard to find, such as change lesson name.
- The organization
- The way of assigning lessons
- Better and more user friendly way to create a lesson
- More intuitive for creating lessons