Lessonly Makes Training a Breeze
September 20, 2021
Lessonly Makes Training a Breeze
Score 9 out of 10
Pro + Coaching
- Add-On: Lessonly Skills
Overall Satisfaction with Lessonly
At first we needed a tool to help us with our more non-technical support staff for our cyber security (products) company. When we initially launched, our team of 25 was almost all technical and understood the importance of cyber security. When we hired more support staff, including sales, they did not necessarily have the technical background to understand the importance of "Zero Trust" and good cyber security hygiene. We needed tools to both explain our products without a shadow of a doubt to them so they are confident in what they're saying, but also for onboarding in general, without it coming across as us being 'paranoid' or over-bearing as it touched upon sensitive subjects such as what they did on social media. The Skills module was terrific for this. In addition, we ended up using it to train teams across countries about business culture and how they differed and how to respect each other's work habits in ways that didn't damage morale or productivity. This last item became even more paramount when we moved everyone remote. There are few software products that are such "nice to haves" and Lessonly tops that list for us. We use it with customer training, sales, onboarding new hires, and may expand this even further.
- Training tracking
- Building integrated lessons that don't feel like "training"
- Able to build your own certificates (great for training and internal rewarding)
- Can watch in real time - progress monitoring
- Sometimes reviewing lessons is a pain, according to some of our employees
- Search is not robust enough just yet
- Want to provide feedback during the loop for future training - have to do it in a different file which breaks the flow
- Couple of minor bugs - probably fixed by now
- It has cut down training and onboarding time for new hires & consultants
- Helps VAR partners actually understand our product suite
- Ensures our non-technical staff is properly representing our products and stances
We selected Lessonly over in depth evals of Trainual and Rise (not sure if that Rise is the correct link above) and all three are great tools. This came down to intuitive UI and the price point for us. As a growing company, they were willing to work with us to gradient up a price point that made sense to not overspend as we grow and we appreciated that. The interface needed to be easy enough for our non-technical staff to easily intuit without a lot of training on how to use the training module!
Do you think Lessonly delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Lessonly's feature set?
Did Lessonly live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Lessonly go as expected?
Would you buy Lessonly again?
If you are onboarding new employees or consultants and you have a complex product, solution, or your business is layered and complex, this can help distill down the layers into basics so that new team or partners can build their knowledge base up the right way. This ensures they are learning what needs to be learned, and not what they surmise or assume, which can be incorrect and cause issues down the road - this is especially sensitive in our field. Training of all kinds can be done easily with this tool.
Lessonly Feature Ratings
50 - Everyone has used it at some point - whether onboarding or using it for demos to train VARs or other partners. It's helped our own onboarding and training especially with acquired talent that needs more in depth training into our world of products and semantics. The sales team is beginning to integrate it more too.
- Training our VARs for how we're the best product suite
- Training staff for their own cyber hygiene habits