Database security (22)
Performance optimization tools (22)
Database status reporting (23)
User management (22)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Oracle Autonomous Database, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Autonomous Database provides a self-driving, self-securing, self-repairing
cloud service that eliminate the overhead and human errors associated with database administration. Oracle Autonomous Database takes care of
configuration, tuning, backup, patching, upgrading, encryption, scaling, and more. It allows customers
to innovate more, pay less, and ensure that their data is more secure.
- Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse: ADW uses adaptive machine learning to deliver unprecedented simplicity, performance, and highly elastic data management that enables data warehouse deployment in seconds.
- Oracle Autonomous Transaction Processing: ATP provides simpler application development, real-time analytics, personalization, and fraud detection for complex mix of high-performance transactions, batch reporting, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
- Oracle Autonomous JSON Database: AJD makes it simple to develop JSON-centric applications with document APIs, serverless scaling and high performance ACID transactions. AJD offers comprehensive security, low latency CRUD operations and low pay-per-use pricing.
For more information please visit:
Oracle Autonomous Database
- Supported: Performance optimization tools
- Supported: Schema maintenance
- Supported: User management
- Supported: Database security
- Supported: Database status reporting
- Supported: Real Application Clusters for scale-out, failover, and online patching
- Supported: Active Data Guard for database aware Disaster Recovery
- Supported: Parallel SQL for high throughput
- Supported: Database Containers for agility
- Supported: Database In-Memory for high performance
- Supported: Transparent Database Encryption for data protection
- Supported: Database Vault for role separation
- Supported: Scaling via the REST APIs or via the built-in Auto-Scale feature
- Supported: Rolling Upgrades without downtime and Application Continuity for seamless session execution
- Supported: Automatic Database Backups and Supplemental Database Backups
- Supported: Automatic Security Updates, Encryption Key Management,Auditing Database Access
- Supported: Proactive Fault Detection and Resolution of both hardware and software
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux|
- Less resource utilization
- Quick performance
- Quick issue resolution
- Less manual intervention
- Connectivity to more tech stack
- Better user control
- Storage area
- In free tier: move concurrent users
- Mail delivery
- It generates reports in real time
- Security of data is always guaranteed
- Works well in data tweaking and encryption
- Lacks Database Administration monitoring tools.
- Demands a high financial commitment for acquisition and use.
- Self managed DB tool.
- Good support.
- Support of few data types is missing.
- except that everything is well maintained.
- Rich functionality
- DR and HA
- Versions: introduction of long and short-term versions make it difficult to plan and maintain the databases up to date
- Patches: CPU, PSU, etc. difficult to keep track of and stay with consistent strategy
Good for VLDB OLAP but probably not the best
- Protects Data
- Manages Data
- Data Recovery
- Cloud based applications.
- Cost is still a little steep.
- Continue to increase flexibility in accessing data.
Cons - Errors have been found in the documentation provided by Oracle with guidelines, etc. Oracles salespeople have a reputation of being obnoxious and condescending.
- To offer a good performance
- Easy to manage
- PL/SQL integrated with Java
- Sometimes it's difficult to obtain some performance statistics
There are numerous business problems that has been solved like:
Creates more value to data
Improves ROI, Better organisation understanding,Detection of real time threats
- Real time reporting
- Developing new application
- Monitoring of Saas solution
- Hectic process
- Free training should be provided
- Clarity issues with dashboard
- Could be more user friendly
As for large set of data, there can be network latency issues and thus there are some limitations of this software.
- Magnificent for tuning and encryption of database.
- Excellent with reducing runtime cost.
- Terrific with SSL certification management.
- It's takes time to learn.
- Excellent with bulk data management.
- Terrific with reduction of runtime cost.
- Reliable with data visualization.
- Data repair features.
- Data backup features are amazing.
- Easy and secure access to data is a plus.
- Fast data processing.
- Great security features.
- Not the most affordable option.
- Data Integrity
- Provides very high security
- Has very good speed on queries
- If possible, it should come with tools for monitoring as a DBA.
- Should provide some tools for automating jobs.
- Should come with some custom reports.
- The part of data warehousing is a logical factor that Oracle Autonomous Database conducts so well, with high and simplistic data performance.
- Further, Oracle Autonomous Database has an analytical overview, which is detailed and deals even with complex data, or high profile data.
- Finally, Oracle Autonomous Database has fostered the data scaling and encryption part, that governs the entire system.
- Oracle Autonomous Database requires a perfect price revision, which would encourage more subscriptions.
- Besides, Oracle Autonomous Database requires classes that are manageable and programmable.
- Lastly, the engagement extent is something that Oracle Autonomous Database requires, for communications efficiency.
- The competent real time analytics and advanced data scaling.
- Perfect security and real time threat detectors for every safety reasons.
- Comprehensive handling of the database, through the elimination of any human error that may affect a company.
- Oracle Autonomous Database is a complex platform, and unless digital training is offered, chances of problems may arise.
- Hefty finance commitment, which may affect the operational capacity of a business.
- Nonetheless, there is focused operational capacity from Oracle Autonomous Database.
- Patch management
- Data security like masking
- Backup management
- No Cons. We are able to reduce costs and improve productivity by automating routine tasks.
- It works perfectly for me.
- Helps to flag outliers.
- Automatically detect database fail and repair immediately.
- Convinience with mitigation of risk while reducing runtime cost.
- Excellent with data protection and security.
- Free training although requires little experience with databases.
- Terrific with mitigation of risk for the database while reducing runtime cost
- Great with configuration,tuning and repair.
- Its efficiency to automate data protection and security.
- Magnificent with developing and testing mobile application.
- Fabulous with encryption and repair of database.
- It requires skilled personnel to configure.
- The dashboard should be improved.
- It's very outstanding with automation of data protection and security.
- Specific encryption and decryption
- Multi-tenancy required improvement
- Distributed architecture
- Easy scale up and down
- Bigger control on configuration
- Scans evidence in-warehouse
- Track and trace tables
- Financial evidence
- [Could have a] more user-friendly interface
- [Could have] easier travel through tables
- [Could have] faster processing
- Track users
- Provide reports
- Interactive and easy to learn
- Customer management
- Improved financial module
- Data security
- Handling and managing the data
- Reliable and high performance
- Reporting part can be improved.
- Documentation is not up to the mark.
- Indexing also needs some improvement.
- Ease of configuration
- Automation of the batching
- Backup and recovery
- Auto tuning
- Implementing GoldenGate as a service
- Autoscaling storage