February 06, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Sabre Red Workspace is being used by each individual travel agent within the company. We have about five agents within the company and each have the software. It allows each agent to search and book flights with real-time availability and pricing. It allows for quick searches, finding the lowest pricing for a date set for a flight, and for secure bookings.
- Sabre is a classic system with no shiny, flashy interruptions or things made to confuse. It is very straightforward.
- Sabre is keystroke based, so it is quick to make entries and search for flights.
- Sabre works in real-time, allowing for current pricing and availability.
- Sabre allows the ability to hold flights for a travel agent longer than what an average person searching for flights can.
- Sabre does not have a well-working support system. Most calls require you to pay Sabre just for assistance within the system.
- Sabre has a very large learning curve. It is very specific to itself - it is unlike other software and requires memorizing a lot of keystrokes.
- Sabre is all in code and text-speak, so it is often difficult to understand.
Read Jennifer Dryer's full review
Sabre is great for serious travel agents who are willing to invest a significant amount of time into learning and mastering a system. It has excellent functions for an agent, such as the ability to find flight availability and pricing in real time, to be able to hold flights for up to 72 hours and to book with a secure, known system. The problem really comes with how agent-focused it is - it is VERY hard for a new user to learn and master Sabre and hard to read if you are not used to code.