Reviews (1-12 of 12)
- Provides a single pane of glass for all accounting and GL reporting.
- Easy to pull reports in a simple manner.
- Fairly easy to train new employees on how to pull the information needed for their day to day jobs.
- It has a poor install procedure which is not standard. It almost requires copying folders from an existing computer to the new install.
- The update process is less than desirable. It seems like Compusoft needs to do a better job of testing before releasing updates.
- The interface is a bit archaic. It looks more like a program from 20 years ago than one used today.
- Easy report building interface with an query interface that allows financial users the ability to conduct complex queries without difficulty.
- The ability to create reporting that allows us to review in-depth financial review by drilling down into accounts to find transnational data easily.
- Easily maintained and monitored with simple upgrade installations and end point installation.
- Great knowledge base for review and trouble-shooting.
- Highly knowledgeable and easy to work with staff.
- End point installations are a little confusing for some of our support staff. There's no direct installation wizard.
- Financial Statements
- Analysis Reports (including historical data)
- Transactional reports
- The scheduler could use improvement (the company is working on a new version)
- Occasionally there is a bug in running the report
Synoptix takes care of all of our financial reporting needs from financials statements, to monthly/daily/hourly budget reports, account analysis, etc. My CFO relies and uses these reports on a daily basis. We also share reports throughout the organization via a web portal. It is positively surprising how users, with little training involved, can build comparatives, multi-years reports in a matter of minutes. This tool requires little to no IT intervention once set up. Very user friendly.
- Complex, time consuming reports can be quickly produced without the need of a special skills set.
- Organizes and provides for better access and distribution of data from your ERP.
- Can’t emphasize enough the IT independence! You don’t really need them!
- The web portal could be improved both in its presentation and organization of data and speed of delivery.
- It would be ideal to run and publish reports for multi-departmental users in one report. In other words, have a single report with multiple tabs representing each department and not have multiple reports (one for each department).
- When new production filters (under financial setup) are added these should automatically appear in order.
- Advanced Reporting allows you to write various reports with ease...even for the technologically challenged people.
- Information is obtained faster thru Advanced Reporting than Made2Manage.
- Financial analysis is much easier!
- I would like to see the report builder of Advanced Reporting have more of the capabilities of Microsoft Excel.
- Very easy to write reports.
- Upgrades process has been automated and requires almost zero effort! (no IT involvement required).
- Drilldown function a breeze and provides instant results to the layperson for our financials.
- I'd love to see a drill down by the financial statement line-item that provides all the detail for that line item immediately, rather than drilling down on individual transactions within the account.
- Excellent job rolling out the product and training the key user community.
- Integrates with our general ledger system seamlessly.
- The report scheduler is great so that reports can run without having to manually run them all the time.
- Would like a little more functionality that dovetails with Excel such as fonts etc.
- If you change a report in the scheduler but only as a one time change and want to keep the normal scheduling, it appears you have to wait until the report is run and received before you can go back to save the report with the old scheduling parameters.
- In the training that we had there were a few items that were pointed out that were "nice to have".
- It provides detailed account analysis
- Excellent at creating reports for all aspects of accounting and budgeting
- Of course any software could be made to work easier and be more intuitive to non-computer people. Synoptix has made significant changes to make their product more user friendly
- The report writing works very similar to an Excel spreadsheet, very user friendly.
- You can make reports quickly - within a couple minutes for less complex reports.
- You can drill down into data after running a report to see underlying data that drives the top number.
- Sometimes you run into a glitch in the software that makes it seem as if the report won't run the way you think that it should. One example, is when you delete a cell and then add a different value the software seems to have some "memory" of the old data cell that was there previously. The key is to start fresh with new columns or rows.
- There are many features within the Made2Manage ERP database that are not directly available to use in the software. However, the Synoptix techs will try to help find a work around or add some customization if needed.
- Allows us to create reports that used to take programmers to do. Can run them much quicker and gain access to information in our general ledger at any time.
- Synoptixs is formatted like Excel but does not have the capabilities of Excel in many cases. Does limit what I can do to manipulate the data.
Synoptix Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Synoptix Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||30%|
Synoptix Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Synoptix Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish|