Microsoft's Visual Studio Test Professional is a performance testing solution.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/W5/Hw/3OBS6OCDETOW.jpegRecording and automating tests sessions in a Visual Studio environmentIt was used to manage manual and automated tests in a software development project using C#, Visual Studio. With Test Professional, the QA team could use a lot of Microsoft test features, without the need for a high-cost Visual Studio Enterprise license for each tester. It allows full integration with the SCRUM artifacts and product backlog management through Microsoft TFS.,Creation and handling of test plans and test cases. Full integration with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, including Agile or Scrum templates. Recording and automation of tests in Internet Explorer or Windows desktop environments.,Test Manager became outdated and can be fully substituted by Microsoft TFS features most of the time.,7,It contributes to budget reduction due to the use of less expensive licenses for QA team. Using automation it contributes to reducing the time to market and the quality of the outcomes through regression tests.,Microsoft Visual Studio Team System and Visual Studio IDEVisual Studio Test Professional, rounding off your development system nicelyWe use visual studio test professional in conjunction with Team Foundation Server to complete our development process. It helps us keep an efficient workflow and links to and from work items in Team Foundation Server. Without it, testing developments in our products would be difficult.,Friendly web interface - we find the web interface to be a good focal point for our testing. Links to work items - Test professional links nicely to Team Foundation server meaning we can generate a test from a work item, and a work item (bug/feature request) from a test. Flexible - the option to use the desktop application over the web interface is useful for some management operations.,The web interface, while very comprehensive, just can't get close to the desktop test manager when it comes to managing the tests. It would be nice for the desktop client and web interface to match up functionality wise. A direct link to Team Foundation Server work items would be useful, currently you can't have a dashboard showing test work item summarys and development work item summarys. For us, this means that we can't compare active development items with active tests on the same screen,7,It's helped bring our development process all under one product suite. Prior to test professional we had to switch between different products for development and testing.,Testrail,Team Foundation Server, Windows ServerVSTP aka Visual Studio Test Professional aka Very Stupendous Testing ProductAt my company we program and test our entire product in Visual Studios. We write medical software for doctors so we use Visuals Studios to program updates and fix bugs that are found by our offices. The whole company does not use this product but all the developers in the company do. This includes about 50 programmers/engineers located in New York and Pennsylvania. Whenever a bug is found we are alerted and we go in Visual Studios where our product is kept, fix and test the problem and then send it off to QA who further tests it.,I really like team explorer option. This makes finding the pending changes super easy and uploading my changes to the software very simple and not a hassle at all. The debugger is awesome, I have used other software that is somewhat difficult to add breakpoints and clear them once they are put in place, but Visual Studios has all those bases covered. Along with the ease of the break points other debug options like the error list and the detailed very accessible call stack is very helpful.,One thing that I don't love is the pinning options. If you unpin something I find it fairly hard to find how to get it back and that frustrates me sometimes. The icons, other than the save and folder icons, aren't as clear as to what they are as I would like. I find myself spending a lot of time hovering over each icon to see what it actually is. We use Crystal Reports when we are setting up our reports for the doctors' offices. I wish there Crystal Reports was integrated into Visual Studios. It would be much nicer than have to switch to the Crystal editor to get the report changed.,8,One of the positive ROIs of Visual Studios is the fact that it makes producing our work at a quick rate, things like Intellisense make our work get produced at a much higher rate which is good for our return of investment. Testing by the developers has increased by 23%, we now take the time to actually test our product before we send it to our QA people. I am not aware of any negative ROI aspects to our company that have been found.,,VMware Fusion, Hyper-V, Google Drive
Visual Studio Test Professional

Visual Studio Test Professional Reviews

Visual Studio Test Professional

Filter 22 vetted Visual Studio Test Professional reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
March 12, 2019

Recording and automating tests sessions in a Visual Studio environment

• Creation and handling of test plans and test cases.
  • Full integration with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, including Agile or Scrum templates.
  • Recording and automation of tests in Internet Explorer or Windows desktop environments.
  • Test Manager became outdated and can be fully substituted by Microsoft TFS features most of the time.
Test Professional will work better if the software has been tested on a Windows desktop or Internet Explorer. If you have Microsoft TFS, the reasons to use Test Professional are to record test sessions, automate tests and reduce the cost of QA team Visual Studio licenses.
December 12, 2017

Visual Studio Test Professional, rounding off your development system nicely

• Friendly web interface - we find the web interface to be a good focal point for our testing.
  • Links to work items - Test professional links nicely to Team Foundation Server meaning we can generate a test from a work item, and a work item (bug/feature request) from a test.
  • Flexible - the option to use the desktop application over the web interface is useful for some management operations.
  • The web interface, while very comprehensive, just can't get close to the desktop test manager when it comes to managing the tests. It would be nice for the desktop client and web interface to match up functionality wise.
  • A direct link to Team Foundation Server work items would be useful, currently you can't have a dashboard showing test work item summarys and development work item summarys. For us, this means that we can't compare active development items with active tests on the same screen
Test Professional is great for our development process where a developer closes a work item out, and creates a test from their work item. This test is then easy to reference for both test execution and test result review. It also helps build an audit trail for development items.
Alexandria Lunderman profile photo
July 28, 2016

VSTP aka Visual Studio Test Professional aka Very Stupendous Testing Product

• I really like team explorer option. This makes finding the pending changes super easy and uploading my changes to the software very simple and not a hassle at all.
  • The debugger is awesome, I have used other software that is somewhat difficult to add breakpoints and clear them once they are put in place, but Visual Studios has all those bases covered.
  • Along with the ease of the break points other debug options like the error list and the detailed very accessible call stack is very helpful.
  • One thing that I don't love is the pinning options. If you unpin something I find it fairly hard to find how to get it back and that frustrates me sometimes.
  • The icons, other than the save and folder icons, aren't as clear as to what they are as I would like. I find myself spending a lot of time hovering over each icon to see what it actually is.
  • We use Crystal Reports when we are setting up our reports for the doctors' offices. I wish there Crystal Reports was integrated into Visual Studios. It would be much nicer than have to switch to the Crystal editor to get the report changed.
I would definitely recommend this product to a colleague or even another programmer who doesn't work for my company. Our software is pretty complex and large but this is not a problem for Visual Studios, it helps us keep everything in order and runs are testing exactly how we want it to. One of the great things that VS does is the search box, without this tool I would probably spend hours looking for certain things.
Read Alexandria Lunderman's full review

Visual Studio Test Professional Scorecard Summary

About Visual Studio Test Professional

Microsoft's Visual Studio Test Professional is a performance testing solution.